Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has NTLTC proven Ariana doesn't need features?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

For Ariana Grande, the joke for years has been that she can't sell on her own and that she needs features to be successful. Has No Tears Left To Cry ended that? The single has been quite successful in any metric you can think of and it's a solo single. 

Ryusei

She didn't have to prove anything IMO Baby I didn't have any features. Break Free only has a producer feature. She just likes collabing I guess. I love NTLTC and am glad it's doing well in streams and itunes and radio. 

Musery

Reginald

In my opinion, that was proven since Into You. I think features and rap verses in pop songs are so tired. They were new and fresh for a while but after 25 years of them, *yawwwwwwn* 

MarryTheAngel
6 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

I guess Ariana ft. Nicki will be the new Gwen Stefani ft. Eve.

tenor.gif?itemid=10730095

ItsTommyBitch

She's never needed features tbh... :emma:

Rap verses impact on female pop singles is very much overrated. Labels act as if putting X rapper on any song immediately makes it more likely to be a single, but the truth is if its not a good verse or a good song, it won't do well, even if it does open them up to be played on Rhythmic, Urban, etc.

(Not there's anything wrong with having a feature on a song... Stans just look for reasons to cause drama and shade people :laughga: Who gives a **** if a song goes #1 but has a feature or whatever, it takes nothing away from the song)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Dominic

29 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

For Ariana Grande, the joke for years has been that she can't sell on her own and that she needs features to be successful. 

When did anyone ever say that? 

chloe.gif

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Skinny Legend
1 hour ago, Dominic said:

When did anyone ever say that? 

It was a thing during My Everything up until Dangerous Woman that her biggest hits were featuring other artists.  They were just using that to drag her comparing her to Selena Gomez etc on forums like atrl. :messga:

Ariana has proven she's a force long ago.:vegas:

ThisGuyTony

She proved it a while ago but the tired collaborations with Nicki and other mumble rappers make it hard to convince non-fans.

sipthistea

The only thing it proved it that she needs better songs with deeper lyrics.

She deserves them. Her voice deserves better songs. 

Bradley

She has so many solo songs I think she's doing just fine.

Dangerous Woman, Focus, No Tears Left to Cry, Into You, Break Free, One Last Time.

But yes she's had some really huge hits with features like Side to Side, Love Me Harder, Problem, Bang Bang.

Archived