💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE: Selling England by the Pound - Genesis

SolidSnake

Featured Posts

SolidSnake

61-a1ZA72OL.jpg

Before ARTPOP, before Bjork this was considered to be extremely artful and some would say pretentious music. Prog Rock was known for its extremely technical skill to pull off and its incredibly long songs. Selling England by the Pound is considered to be one of the best prog rock albums ever created and is generally consider to be Genesis's best album. This is considered the best lineup of the band with Peter Gabriel on vocals (who you may know for the songs "Big Time" or "Sledgehamer"), Phil Collins on drums (who would later take over the lead singer position and you may know him for the Disney movie soundtrack for Tarzan), keyboardist Tony Banks, bassist and guitarist Mike Rutherford, and guitarist Steve Hackett.

I am not sure how many people want to participate but If you want to just comment here and then PM your ratings for each song with a short review describing the song even if you rate it low.. I will try to keep bumping and updating this thread through the next week. It will end next Thursday.(maybe earlier, we are kinda laid back here) I will now tag people who said they were interested or I think they would be ( @Rumours1977 @That J @ARPiT @ryanripley @KING @calmar @Derpplause ) We are rating these on a 10 star scale and you can use one 11. Im just copying Rumours yall.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SolidSnake

I was really nervous about doing this but Rumours helped me through it. So I hope you guys like it. I wanted to do something different. 

SolidSnake
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

This is gonna be cool. I’ve never heard this album all the way through. :excited2:

I'm listening to it again lol. Almost finished with it. 

rumours
Just now, SolidSnake said:

I'm listening to it again lol. Almost finished with it. 

Should I listen to the version you posted with the “new stereo mix” or the version on Spotify with the original mixing?

SolidSnake
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

Should I listen to the version you posted with the “new stereo mix” or the version on Spotify with the original mixing?

Doesn't matter either one works. Im listening to the remastered version/ 

rumours
27 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

I'm curious as to how many people will listen to the whole thing. :D

Well, I'm listening to the whole thing rn. :)

SolidSnake
34 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Well, I'm listening to the whole thing rn. :)

I am glad haha. :wub:

calmar

i don't think I can listen to it for a little while (currently driving across the country which means most of the time is driving or asleep, and I don't have Spotify premium) - but I will try to as soon as I can. What is the due date for the rates?

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

That J
2 hours ago, SolidSnake said:

61-a1ZA72OL.jpg

Before ARTPOP, before Bjork this was considered to be extremely artful and some would say pretentious music. Prog Rock was known for its extremely technical skill to pull off and its incredibly long songs. Selling England by the Pound is considered to be one of the best prog rock albums ever created and is generally consider to be Genesis's best album. This is considered the best lineup of the band with Peter Gabriel on vocals (who you may know for the songs "Big Time" or "Sledgehamer"), Phil Collins on drums (who would later take over the lead singer position and you may know him for the Disney movie soundtrack for Tarzan), keyboardist Tony Banks, bassist and guitarist Mike Rutherford, and guitarist Steve Hackett.

I am not sure how many people want to participate but If you want to just comment here and then PM your ratings for each song with a short review describing the song even if you rate it low.. I will try to keep bumping and updating this thread through the next week. It will end next Thursday.(maybe earlier, we are kinda laid back here) I will now tag people who said they were interested or I think they would be ( @Rumours1977 @That J @ARPiT @ryanripley @KING @calmar @Derpplause ) We are rating these on a 10 star scale and you can use one 11. Im just copying Rumours yall.

O.  M.  G

My mouth dropped when I saw this. You went DEEP.  You are amazing. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

I already know my number one.  And the one that gets a 3. 

Dont let the song lengths put you off guys. Just flow with it. This is a phenomenal album.  

SolidSnake
48 minutes ago, calmar said:

i don't think I can listen to it for a little while (currently driving across the country which means most of the time is driving or asleep, and I don't have Spotify premium) - but I will try to as soon as I can. What is the due date for the rates?

Next Thursday. 

SolidSnake
8 minutes ago, That J said:

O.  M.  G

My mouth dropped when I saw this. You went DEEP.  You are amazing. 

:wub::hug::rockstar: Thanks man!!!!! Ive already got some other albums lined up for next time. Both in prog and other genres.

That J
14 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

:wub::hug::rockstar: Thanks man!!!!! Ive already got some other albums lined up for next time. Both in prog and other genres.

I'm a fan already!  We will get along just fine. Haha. I'm pumped to do this. I do wanna play it out again first cuz it's been awhile. I'll send rates in a day or two.  

Archived