💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Christina Aguilera - Liberation (Album Discussion Thread)

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

Anderson123
On 17/6/2018 at 6:45 AM, Deagan said:

Xtina is ballad queen or electropop queen... she's fooling herself thinking she makes anything close to good hip hop/R&B. 

I'm sorry but what lol. She's NOT an electropop queen. Have you ever listened to her Stripped album ? She completely switched her image and sound and released a controversial song and video at that time called Dirrty, she was banned from radios. I completely understand if you're under the age of 20 and didn't get to experience or even hear that but yeah, she's more R&B than she is anything electro.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Alan123 said:

I'm sorry but what lol. She's NOT an electropop queen. Have you ever listened to her Stripped album ? She completely switched her image and sound and released a controversial song and video at that time called Dirrty, she was banned from radios. I completely understand if you're under the age of 20 and didn't get to experience or even hear that but yeah, she's more R&B than she is anything electro.

I'm 24...

If you think dirrty is R&B you're clearly mistaken. It was very typical pop spin on hip hop, reminiscent of nearly all 2000-2008 music. 

Bionic was insanely good, it just flopped. Lotus was okay, it just flopped.

Her ballads are best. Birds of Prey, Not Myself Tonight, Your Body. She's good at that. The old hip pop style she had with dirty and genie in a bottle is just what was in at the time. Candyman, Ain't no other man are more funky pop than anything else. Fighter was more poprock. 

Anyway. My opinion is that this album does not do anything well for her except Maria and Unless it's with you....

And I think she, and everyone else, thinking she is a hip hop or R&B artist, is just funny.

Anderson123
5 minutes ago, Deagan said:

I'm 24...

If you think dirrty is R&B you're clearly mistaken. It was very typical pop spin on hip hop, reminiscent of nearly all 2000-2008 music. 

Bionic was insanely good, it just flopped. Lotus was okay, it just flopped.

Her ballads are best. Birds of Prey, Not Myself Tonight, Your Body. She's good at that. The old hip pop style she had with dirty and genie in a bottle is just what was in at the time. Candyman, Ain't no other man are more funky pop than anything else. Fighter was more poprock. 

Anyway. My opinion is that this album does not do anything well for her except Maria and Unless it's with you....

And I think she, and everyone else, thinking she is a hip hop or R&B artist, is just funny.

I know Dirrty is not R&B, I’m just saying that she’s better known for that type of sound, the whole Stripped album is more R&B which people know her for.

I do agree that Birds of Prey and some electronic songs are really good but I thought you meant she was an “electropop queen” as in people see her as that when I don’t think they do. 

Liberation is not her best but it’s better than Lotus in my opinion. Sounds more like the genre of music she enjoys recording. I still have a love/hate relationship with some of the songs like Accelerate but other than that I’m enjoying the entire record. 

YeehawKylie

This album has grown on me. I never disliked it, but after 2-3 listens its quite good. I think she goes a little overboard with all the interludes, but they often do a good job of transitioning the album to the next phase. Maria, Right Moves, Deserve, Twice, Accelerate, Pipe, and Masochist are great. There are no obvious singles and I do think it's unfortunate that Accelerate was so polarizing? It makes sense as the first single and I think it requires a few listens to truly enjoy. I typically struggle to enjoy a Christina album, so I'm happy I was able to come around with this one, despite it likely flopping. It's odd cause it truly makes you want to re-listen to it a few times to gather your thoughts on it. I'm sure many won't bother though. 

Miss Cherry

If only we HAD got a new Dirtty. I streamed the entire Liberation album yesterday and I am totally not surprised that it will no doubt be her third dud in a row.  There is not a single hit song on it, and yawl can forget about another single. It's so over produced with features, boring ass raps  that she forgot about melody. There isn't one memorable song on here. At least bionic and Lotus had a few catchy tunes. I just listened to Liberation and I swear I can't remember one song on it.

HausOfHarlow

After two full listens on Youtube, I went ahead and purchased the album on iTunes. I deleted the 2 interludes Searching & Dreamers. Why would anyone, especially on Dreamers, listen to these tracks ever again? The fact that they are $1.29 on US iTunes... crazy. 

Always, I left the IDNIA interlude because at least there's a couple words in it. I wish it was produced into a full song. I left Liberation, as it is a musical number to help open the album. 

As for the rest of the album, it's alright. Truly nothing special, and not worth the wait. I can't really pinpoint what might be future singles. Maria is great song. The best on the album. I hope this will become a single, but like many of her songs, it won't see the light of day. Right Moves is catchy. She should have e featured someone more high-profile though, especially to have potential for going to radio. Deserve is a good power-ballad. Masochist is a good track too, and I really like the message. Unless It's With You is simply beautiful, and her vocals really come to on this track.

And that's about it on this album. 

bambi96

I found this fairly underwhelming, I was so excited. She really did release the best tracks first.

Archived