Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Christina Aguilera - Liberation (Album Discussion Thread)

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
warrentw

I wouldn't say this was her best album but i do really like it, the only thing I don't like (which is the same for any album) is the interludes like that could have been room for more songs. So glad gaga doesn't do them and I hope she never does.

Teal Ambition

There are definitely some stand out songs. My faves aside from Fall in Line are: Deserve, Masochist and Unless It's With You 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

dubstep111

This album is terrible and I thought Lotus was bad. I feel bad for Xtina superfans cuz waiting so long for this I’m sure is super disappointing.

That J

I finally heard it in full once and my thought is.....

There isnt a BAD song on this album. If anything, the singles (which I enjoy) are the weaker moments. Theres a little bit of everything here but more hip hop leanings than her last few albums. It is unique to her catalog and I feel it will get better the more I'm with the music. 

From a first listen only: 4 stars out of 5. 

Oh and someone said the boy in Maria drove them nuts. That's a young Michael Jackson sample. Lol 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

TropicOfCANCER

I didn’t really care for Maria, but I like sick of sittin and right moves a lot. That’s as far as I am right now. 

TropicOfCANCER
13 minutes ago, dubstep111 said:

This album is terrible and I thought Lotus was bad. I feel bad for Xtina superfans cuz waiting so long for this I’m sure is super disappointing.

I’m a super fan and I’m not disappointed at all. We don’t want boring Adele ballads. 

swakby

I heard like 5 tracks and wasn't disappointed at all - it is a solid record for sure. 

iCpro
1 hour ago, That J said:

Oh and someone said the boy in Maria drove them nuts. That's a young Michael Jackson sample. Lol 

Was listening to Maria as I read this and I was S H O O K 

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

That J
10 minutes ago, Chiunzhan said:

It's like Stripped 2.0. I totally loved it.

A friend was asking what I would compare it to and I said it's like a more evened smoother mature Stripped. 

Personally I dont think her voice has ever sounded better. She keeps the powerhouse vocals going but she spices it up and keeps it different too. She isnt wailing over the entire album. 

Lotus, Back To Basics and Stripped have been my holy trinity. Lol. Half of Bionic is good too. 

But now?  Idk. LIBERATION may end up being the new number one in my Xtina playlist. 

That J
19 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Was listening to Maria as I read this and I was S H O O K 

That song hooked me from the first 10 seconds. HAS to be a single. 

Skinny Legend
2 hours ago, dubstep111 said:

Fans are actually really pleased and the album as of now holds a score of 69 same as Back To Basics. I'd say this album is a grower and its production is fresh so it serves its purpose of bringing Xtina back to the game. Not commercially but artistically. Give it some more listens maybe sth will grow on you. :) 

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, Skinny Legend said:

Fans are actually really pleased and the album as of now holds a score of 69 same as Back To Basics. I'd say this album is a grower and its production is fresh so it serves its purpose of bringing Xtina back to the game. Not commercially but artistically. Give it some more listens maybe sth will grow on you. :) 

The album is definitely a grower.

RickMonster98

This is a solid pop/r&b/soul record, well studied and inspired. Not made for the radio or for the charts, you can sense that. Lyrics and productions are on point, the quality is quite high. The "Liberation" intro is just perfect, "Maria" is a standout track for sure. "Sick Of Sittin" has one of the best lyrics of the album, but overall I'll need to listen to it more. "Fall In Line" is FIRE :firega:, just wish they released it immediately as the lead single. "Right Moves" is quite meh :triggered:, "Like I Do" grew a lot on me :lolly:, "Deserve" is a gem, probably in my top 5. "Twice" is a very powerful song :diane:.

What about "Accelerate"? :saladga: At the first listen I found it so bad my heart almost stopped. What a WRONG way to start an era! I admit it has grown on me and it's not that bad but still disappointed they used this as the lead. 

"Pipe" is good, possible grower; her voice is very soft and pleasant here. Enjoyable. btw wtf is xnda :triggered:

"Masochist" is very good and sexy, in my Top 5! The ending with "Unless It's With You" is beautiful and very cute, musically it gives me sam smith vibes. 

Overall it's a 8/10, good job xtina. :golfclap:

Archived