Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Ewan McGregor casted for Doctor Sleep

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Ewan McGregor will star as Danny Torrance in Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the Stephen King novel “Doctor Sleep,” the sequel to horror classic “The Shining.” Mike Flanagan, who helmed Netflix’s adaptation of the King novella “Gerald’s Game,” is directing. Flanagan’s producing partner, Trevor Macy, will produce along with Vertigo Entertainment’s Jon Berg. 

Warner Bros. had been developing this film, as well as “The Shining” prequel “Overlook Hotel,” for years, but the studio struggled to secure a budget for either film. Following the success of New Line’s “It,” every studio with any sort of King IP under its roof has fast-tracked each property into pre-production.

Stanley Kubrick directed the original adaptation of “The Shining,” starring Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall. Danny Lloyd played a young Danny Torrance. At the time, the film was considered a box office disappointment, earning $44 million on a $19 million budget. Now, however, it is thought to be one of the great horror classics and has a built-in fan base ready for a sequel.

source: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/ewan-mcgregor-shining-sequel-1202838484/

How many of you horror fans are excited? :sis:

It will be a tough job because this will automatically compared to The Shining, which is one of the best horror movie ever today.

I wish the team the best of luck, and may they make a good one the way 2017 IT does! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LUO YI

Idk how this is gonna end honestly :laughga: I haven’t read Doctor Sleep but when I watched The Shining I was kind of disappointed. Not that Kubrick's film is bad, but I felt like the essence was lost in what he wanted to do for his own story. 

I’m gonna read this book real quick.

The night sky tells all

Not The Real Gaga

It (2017) isn't a horror movie. It's a comedy. A very good one, though. :huntyga:

River

DoctorSleep.jpg

this movie from 2002.. has no connection right? I always get confuse because of this movie.

I thought that King wrote this or whatever

halp

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Mirages

Ewan McGregory?

tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

17 minutes ago, River said:

this movie from 2002.. has no connection right?

Nope, this movie is based on some other novel and in some regions was released under the name Close Your Eyes or Close My Eyes? IDK close somebody's eyes :toofunny:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

River
4 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Ewan McGregory?

tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

Nope, this movie is based on some other novel and in some regions was released under the name Close Your Eyes or Close My Eyes? IDK close somebody's eyes :toofunny:

I see, thanks lol :ladyhaha:

I guess I'll buy the novel

I don't like King's adaptions, they usually suck when they start to bring outside the books idea..

Like.. Under The Dome :laughga:

Mirages
3 minutes ago, River said:

I see, thanks lol :ladyhaha:

I guess I'll buy the novel

I don't like King's adaptions, they usually suck when they start to bring outside the books idea..

Like.. Under The Dome :laughga:

The novel is great, I mean not his best work and certainly worse than Shinning but it's a good read.

Yeah IDK why but lately the movies based on his novels are just meh...I guess they try to always bring something new because everybody's read the books and so there is very little to be surprised by? So they try to make it a little bit more "attractive". Hasn't fared well for them, has it? :ladyhaha:

River
10 minutes ago, Mirages said:

The novel is great, I mean not his best work and certainly worse than Shinning but it's a good read.

Yeah IDK why but lately the movies based on his novels are just meh...I guess they try to always bring something new because everybody's read the books and so there is very little to be surprised by? So they try to make it a little bit more "attractive". Hasn't fared well for them, has it? :ladyhaha:

IT was a disaster for example, I slept in the middle  :ladyhaha:

They need to pay us the damage they caused for The Dark Tower..

So I will give it a try, so I can know what to expect from this movie

Mirages
3 minutes ago, River said:

IT was a disaster for example, I slept in the middle  :ladyhaha:

They need to pay us the damage they caused for The Dark Tower..

So I will give it a try, so I can know what to expect from this movie

Don't get me started on The Dark Tower tskstskstsktskstskstskstskstsk :fthis:

MonsterAura

I LOVE Ewan, been in love with him since I was a child :diane: Excited for this! 

Bebe

Jeez, it's a tough task. Mike Flanagan is probably the best pick though, his horror films are actually pretty good. Gerald's Game was done well and obviously that was based on a Stephen King novel.

ryanripley

well The Shining sucks so it won't be hard to beat :ohwell:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived