Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

ASIB(2018) Production History

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
5 hours ago, Mariah said:

Imagine Gaga x Beyonce ugh :pray:

Girl I Keep saying this!! A revolutionary LGBT story line and the official continuation to telephone !!!!

♥ Kindness Police.

doppelganger
12 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

I don't think Beyoncé would have been a fit for Ally :oprah: 

Clint’s version may well be a completely different story and character. A hiphop version of ASIB is potentially very cool. I’m totally up for that!

My only issue with the Beyonce cast is she’s played a similar role in Dreamgirls (although that was more in parallel with Diana Ross) where she was meant to be “the star”. It’s difficult to imagine Beyonce as an ingenue because she’s ... Queen B and have been a star since she was 16. In Dreamgirls, I felt like the character had zero vulnerability until she sang Listen. It probably only worked because of the role that she had played.

Gaga on the other hand has proven that she can completely transform into different characters. Gaga has also had experience the struggle to break through the music industry, and can tap into that feeling. 

sipthistea
3 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Clint’s version may well be a completely different story and character. A hiphop version of ASIB is potentially very cool. I’m totally up for that!

My only issue with the Beyonce cast is she’s played a similar role in Dreamgirls (although that was more in parallel with Diana Ross) where she was meant to be “the star”. It’s difficult to imagine Beyonce as an ingenue because she’s ... Queen B and have been a star since she was 16. In Dreamgirls, I felt like the character had zero vulnerability until she sang Listen. It probably only worked because of the role that she had played.

Gaga on the other hand has proven that she can completely transform into different characters. Gaga has also had experience the struggle to break through the music industry, and can tap into that feeling. 

This is what I mean. Beyoncé was raised by her family to become a superstar. She didn't start playing in bars like Gaga. She already had her dad and his contacts.

For Gaga, this story is more attached to her own past in a way. 

doppelganger
14 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

This is what I mean. Beyoncé was raised by her family to become a superstar. She didn't start playing in bars like Gaga. She already had her dad and his contacts.

For Gaga, this story is more attached to her own past in a way. 

True. Unless the twist is Beyonce plays the fading star? And a younger more talented “star” takes her shine away. Comparisons arise. Friendship turns sour and deadly. 

Am I describing Madonna and Gaga :reductive:

Beyonce could have played a small part like the role Shangela got.

But Bradley's version is completely different and it's why Bey was never attached to his version. Clint's version is probably more like Dreamgirls. His version likely would have been panned as Bey can't act.

Joel Schumacher was gonna do this movie in early 2000s with Jennifer Lopez and Will Smith.

Quincy Jones and Joel Silver were gonna produce this movie in the 90s with Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington.

Archived