💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Millie Bobby Brown deletes her social media because of homophobic memes

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

The fact that some of you act morally superior because you don’t find it funny :ladyhaha:

Grow up. 

There are different kinds of humor, different kinds of jokes. People can or can’t take them. That’s it.

damn, some of your brains would explode if you saw a TV show like Family Guy :toofunny:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkCity
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

So I’m sure those of you defending these memes would be fine with people using your image without your permission to imply you believe things you don’t, all for a “joke”, right?  

I would laugh and it would make me upload more stories lol 

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

I would laugh and it would make me upload more stories lol 

trust me, you wouldn't

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

AshIey
4 hours ago, Blond said:

Oh god. I've just turned 15 and i think these memes are hilarious..she is so sensitive,but honestly i don't blame her,she just has to shed her skin a little and understand that people can actually joke :awkney:

If she doesn't find it funny,she can do whatever she wants *shrugs*

Your age here is kind of irrelevant since you don’t, and probably never will, know what it’s like to be in Millie’s position.

StarlightSeiya
36 minutes ago, Hi Its Nicole said:

If you guys are looking for those horrible memes here are a few

7eb.jpg

Screen-Shot-2018-06-13-at-2.00.30-PM.png

MdDKyIy.png

DfTtrKLX4AA1FIK.jpg

That tweet is right. This meme is peak pride month content. I live

Bone Apple Tea bebe

NewYorkCity
23 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

trust me, you wouldn't

Oh wow please discover me more things about myself!!

bloody g

So she deactivated on pride month... Interesting.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Enigma
2 hours ago, SolidSnake said:

Boldface 1: Its both

Boldface 2: That doesn't exactly help your case stan twitter is full of people of low moral value who beg for pictures of celebrities in private and harass people who dont agree with them. Why not harass a 14 year old too? 

Boldface 3: that isnt how satire works. Watch a mel brooks movie sometime. Particularly Blazing Saddles. 

1 : Well I said a hundred times I got that it sucked for Millie and that I was talking about the gay issue so maybe take time to read what I say before reheating the same tired argument that doesn’t even fit the context (not directed at you)

2 : I talked about Stan Twitter because they’re 99% gay. What I meant was that it’s stupid to whine about the use of the F word and implying that those who make those memes are homophobic since well... them and almost everyone that finds them funny is gay themselves. People that think this is the issue are just trying to victimize themselves when the only victim of this is Millie.

3 : ??? It’s not because YOU don’t find it funny that « it’s not how it should be done ». There are no rules in humour, especially not in memes, which are often plain absurd. It may be not « Mel brooks » level of satire but it’s still an ironic meme in the way that what’s funny is that it’s obviously fake and absurd. 

Finding a dead baby joke funny doesn’t mean you want to see babies die. Same thing applies here. Y’all making diagnostics saying we’re mentally ill and have no morals for laughing at a ****ing meme are just showing a pathetic attempt of feeling like saints

TL;DR : Is the situation ok ? No, it went too far and it sucks for her. Is the meme ok ? Yes. It’s a MEME. It’s literally meant to be shocking, absurd, you name it, and it’s by essence not serious at all, so like all serious things, it shouldn’t be taken seriously.

melon

wow some people are being super bitchy at each other now

source.gif

I think the memes are ok, not super funny, but I can see why people do find them hilarious.  The original hijab one was very funny because it was actually so in your face it was impossible to miss it was a joke.

However the situation has obviously got way out of hand, not because of the humour, but because there's a huge difference when the target of the joke feels personally hurt by them.  

So I think people just need to move on and maybe just respect Millie's response.  After all none of us know what it's like to be the centre of hundreds of thousands of memes.  When it's just a one off joke it's easier to take on the chin but you can't blame her when it is constant and a huge joke for a lot of people.  She must have felt people are laughing at her, not at the ridiculousness of it all.

heauxmatica

Mythos

Yes, make jokes about a 14 years old... yes, make her seem homophobic, cause it's so funny. What could go wrong with that... Jeez, send us some pictures of yours, and let us make fun of you, let's see how you will feel.

NewYorkCity
11 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Yes, make jokes about a 14 years old... yes, make her seem homophobic, cause it's so funny. What could go wrong with that... Jeez, send us some pictures of yours, and let us make fun of you, let's see how you will feel.

They are not making fun of her. They are using her as image to make fun of homophobia. Let’s understand that at least. 

Mythos
11 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

They are not making fun of her. They are using her as image to make fun of homophobia. Let’s understand that at least. 

I do find those funny myself, but come on people. She is 14, just a kid, wtf. What kid that age likes their picture be misused like this? 

Next time take some pictures of Blue Ivy and make fun of Slavery and what not, it's so much fun you guys.

Edit:

Also, this is the exact same ****ing excuse that bullies in school circulating harassing pictures to other classmates that drive teens to suicide use. Like word for ****ing word, “It was just a joke”.

avalon x

I don't feel personally attacked by this and I'll admit I do understand the humor. THAT BEING SAID just because something is funny doesn't make it right or justified. You can't just cross a line and say you did nothing wrong by calling it "humor" or a "meme". And even people have been joking about "dead babies" before it still doesn't make this meme right. (That's not right either because millions of people suffer the death of their babies and that is no joke.) It's like kicking a homeless person on the street and laughing because "it's funny".

This is literally hate speech against a minority, If she did this in real life or ANY person for that matter there would have been major consequences because it's wrong. 

And making a meme with homophobic statements will just encourage everyone to make those statements casually or "as a joke". We know how influential viral memes can be and eventually people will start quoting it and say things like "kill yourself, fag", "hope you get run over by a car" because "it's a meme".

AND not to mention the hate crimes that are already prevalent against the LGBT community. Did we already forget that 49 people died in 2016 because of a hate crime? How about I just joke around and tell my gay friend "Hope you get shot in the club, b**tch!" ? Would that be okay too?

TLDR : Humor doesn't justify an action or justify making light of an action which would have been illegal or morally wrong otherwise. Just what I believe. If we have been making those mistakes in the past, it's time we stop.

I won't even talk about how it affects Millie because it's purely common sense and a lot of you have mentioned it already.

14 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Also, this is the exact same ****ing excuse that bullies in school circulating harassing pictures to other classmates that drive teens to suicide use. Like word for ****ing word, “It was just a joke”.

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

2 : I talked about Stan Twitter because they’re 99% gay. What I meant was that it’s stupid to whine about the use of the F word and implying that those who make those memes are homophobic since well... them and almost everyone that finds them funny is gay themselves. People that think this is the issue are just trying to victimize themselves when the only victim of this is Millie.

My post isn't directed to you or anyone else in the thread for that matter but I just wanted to point out that homophobia in the gay community is a thing and it's BIG. You don't have to be a certain type of person to be homophic, racist, etc. And most people don't even realize they're saying something wrong or supporting something wrong but that doesn't make them less wrong. They just don't have that awareness and perspective yet. But it's up to the people who do understand to explain it to them.

Got carried away (sorry) but you get the gist. 

avalon x

Forgot to post this article, it's the only one I could find that said what I was trying to convey (albeit in a different context).

https://alphamom.com/parenting/retard-hate-speech-slur/

The last paragraph reads -

" Millions of people worldwide suffer because they are devalued like this. What feels casually funny to you is a hate like any other, and it feeds the inequality so many have to face every day from being socially ignored to not having adequate care to not having access to public life to being murdered. Use of the word “retard” or any variation of “-tard” out there normalizes and strengthens prejudice and hostility. It’s not casual or funny. It’s hate speech. If you use it, stop it, and if you hear it, call it out. "

Archived