💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa Makes Radio History

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

JohnWayne92

No shade, I had to look that up on my spotify. Like, I've beard that song before, didnt know who sung it, and I havent even heard it enough to think it was a "hit." 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skinny Legend

That's for the ones that think songs like LWYMMD or Million Reasons are considered hits. Call me when they have such longevity.

XXXXX
14 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Edwin McCain's "I'll Be"

who what when why how even omg

XXXXX
3 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

That's for the ones that think songs like LWYMMD or Million Reasons are considered hits. Call me when they have such longevity.

Call me when new rules has one sweet day's longevity

Skinny Legend
1 minute ago, Mariah said:

Call me when new rules has one sweet day's longevity

One Sweet Day trumps them all dahhhling. Only 1 Queen has 2 consecutive songs of the decade.:ohwell:

sethrb101

Good for her! I really like Dua, but it's still weird to me this is her biggest hit when she has better songs imo. It's also shocking to me, cuz like I knew the song was popular, but is THAT popular? I mean Poker Face may have had a shorter run, but it's fare more culturally impactful, don't you think?

#Gaga2020

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, sethrb101 said:

Good for her! I really like Dua, but it's still weird to me this is her biggest hit when she has better songs imo. It's also shocking to me, cuz like I knew the song was popular, but is THAT popular? I mean Poker Face may have had a shorter run, but it's fare more culturally impactful, don't you think?

well, Poker Face did much better on the Hot 100 than New Rules has. 

New Rules just found a good audience on Pop Radio. 

CharlieQuinn
18 hours ago, PartySick said:

You're not the only one :ph34r:

I think it's annoying tbh :spin: just like any other track by the new pop girls. And that's not shade towards female artists 'cause the boys aren't even on my radar :ph34r: Bebe, Dua, 5H, etc, they just don't do it as well as the queens that rose in the 2000's/early 2010's and they certainly can't stand up to the quality that Gaga puts out. The quality I've gotten used to! It's just commercial pop without the endearing personalities being on display for the GP to see. At least Britney saves face by being adorable, down to Earth, and has a catalog of BOPS. And the next person that comes up here trying to sing in that indie girl/boy voice :giveup: I'm still mad at MO for ruining Cold Water :giveup: Like, why are you recording with a mouth full of cotton balls?! :grr: If you can't really sing then step away from the microphone and make room for a bitch with talent! :grr:

Hide contents

Imo, obviously :ph34r: shade meant but not hatefully :ph34r: To each their own.

Anyway, OT: Call me when she writes from the heart, sings from the soul (and diaphragm), and gives her performances 150%. Then I'll stan :vegas:

This exactly how I feel. I need and I miss good pop music.

Catnikko
18 hours ago, PartySick said:

I'm still mad at MO for ruining Cold Water :giveup: Like, why are you recording with a mouth full of cotton balls?! :grr: If you can't really sing then step away from the microphone and make room for a bitch with talent! :grr:

She does have talent :toofunny: just a very unique voice, Lean On wouldn't have sounded as iconic without it

PartySick
40 minutes ago, Unbeweavable said:

just a very unique voice

The "indie girl voice" is the very antithesis of "unique" if you ask me :poot: anyone who can't sing can use that voice to sound passable and as if they're employing some technique when it's really just like spraying Febreeze on poo.

Spoiler

That said, her verse in Cold Water is the only thing I've heard MO sing so you could be right :ph34r:

I'm just not willing to give her a chance after that mess...or what I see as a mess :poot:

🖤

SpeechIess
19 hours ago, Yemeni Feed said:

She’s the new popstar of our generation. Deal with it.

Being mediocre and having no stage presence does not make you "the new pop star of our generation". I have to laugh...

Catnikko
57 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The "indie girl voice" is the very antithesis of "unique" if you ask me :poot: anyone who can't sing can use that voice to sound passable and as if they're employing some technique when it's really just like spraying Febreeze on poo.

Hide contents

That said, her verse in Cold Water is the only thing I've heard MO sing so you could be right :ph34r:

I'm just not willing to give her a chance after that mess...or what I see as a mess :poot:

If that's all you've heard then how can you come to that conclusion :toofunny: Also what other examples of "Indie girl voice" do you have that prove it's a voice people that can't sing put on? idgi :poot:

Spoiler

ThisGuyTony

If this were 2010-2013 I'm sure I'd stan her since I always listened to whatever was at the top of the charts.

Ever since 2014 I rarely stan anyone as quick as I did with Gaga, Katy, Britney, etc or am not interested enough to check them out.

New Rules is a cute song but the sound of it is kinda boring and dated.

Economy
21 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

i mean that...

Billboard rules are that once a song has spent 20 weeks on this chart, the song must be in the Top 20 to be able to stay on the Top 40 chart. 

I think that's a dumb rule. That doesn't show the real popularity rankings then

Archived