Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Why did Perfect Illusion flopped?

JohnWayne97

Featured Posts

Drin Lon
2 hours ago, Yemeni Feed said:

SORRY THIS IS OFF TOPIC.

no? Its why did perfect illusion flop first of all. Second, these people here are mostly second language speakers, so maybe give them a break on tiny grammar mistakes?????? I hate it when someone criticizes someones second or third language abilities if they don't speak more than one.

Language is my second language and jt was meant as a semi-joke (omg I invented a word) :huntyga:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnWayne97
9 hours ago, ECORONA said:

O

Off topic but aren’t you or were user @ John Wayne (something else)

Yes !!! It was johnwayne before heheheh

pedrohemg

Because MaMa-PaPaPa outsold.

You win the game cuz you're the ace of spades
And I'm the queen of hearts, take my crown away
And even if we're not meant to be
I still can visit you in my fantasies

NewYorkCity

The only thing that Perfect ILLUSION lacks is some breathing. I mean, it goes all so so fast. The instrumental is great, they should have left like 5 instrumental seconds on the bridge. 

Other than that the song is amazing and it wasn’t well promoted. That’s it. 

Gagadonna
On 13/06/2018 at 5:53 AM, Raccoon said:

It's just too much perfection for tasteless people :vegas:

actually this 

Iluvartpop

Seems like the GP was interested in tropical house back then and PI was very different from that. 

Reginald

I think it could have grown into a hit over time and also shaken up the staleness of pop radio,  if it was what the rest of Joanne sounded like. Instead, after the edgy hard hitting of PI, we got the soft, subtle MR. It just didn't make sense lol 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Combination of things.

Wasn't trendy, had terrible visuals, weird sounding pronunciation in the chorus, too loud, vocal may be too strong too, abandoned early, etc

Arcanum

This should have been the original version. Tbh I expected this vibe from LG5. So when the American style appeared in Joanne it tore me apart. It took me some months to eventually love it. GP won't give it a second chance tho.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Arturo

The song was very unlikable. I see the post 2016 pop scene as one where your song isnt going to be massively successful if its not going to be bumped in late teen and early 20 year old males cars or at college parties. I personally wasnt the biggest fan of PI but when I tried to make people listen to it it was clear that people thought the song was bad. So no I can’t say the song was objectively bad (can we say that about any song really?) but most people thought it was bad. If they had the chance to listen to it. That brings up another point, a lot of people dont know the song exists. Some of you guys dont realize how close the ENTIRE Joanne era almost went under the radar. Thank god the SuperBowl came and lifter Million Reasons up. The SB is the reason the Joanne era/MR is remmebered. Stans will try to make that sound like a bad thing but its not. Its a great thing. There’s no way a praised halftime show can be turned around negatively just because it made a song a hit.

Anyways back to PI. TLDR; it was “bad”. Low GP interest in her. Not many knew it was even released.

Archived