💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What happened to Usher?

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

DISCLAIMER: This is not a hate thread, I'm just asking.

Like, really what happened to him? He went from albums that have sold 10M+ WW (Confessions, 8701, My Way) to barely cracking 1M (Hard II Love, Looking 4 Myself). Did he do something really controversial or the public just stopped 'caring' about him? :oprah:

And please don't get messy, I really wanna know. :emma:

Ryusei

Well he didnt release anything for a while and recently it came to light that he contracted STDs to a bunch of people without telling them he had them so he has lawsuits to settle... (allegedly ofc) (and there is at least one male accuser so he might be a hunty :staymad: )

Musery

Pop Music

He had some major bops in the early 2000's

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Latino Baby
1 minute ago, RickMonster98 said:

Well, his last album cover didn't help at all :triggered:

220px-UsherHardIILove.jpg

what the hell was he thinking:air:

his career was cancelled after this :rip:

RabbitHeart

Ok tbh..............I think Gaga played a major role in his popularity decline. He did really well when the biggest selling genre was R&B/Hip-Hop because that was his comfort zone. He had a big #1 single with Love In This Club in 2008. But then Gaga's presence started to shift popularity toward dance/electronic music. He found a way to keep up with OMG (which went #1) but when he released DJ Got Us Falling in Love, I think he alienated a lot of his R&B-focused fanbase and the public figured he was selling out (which he kinda was).

IMO his music quality picked back up once he released Climax but from there it was a little too different from the biggest mainstream hits and he never really re-captured that career peak. Like, he still has that name recognition and I Don't Mind did well. Just not the same.

smokingthemall

not every artist is going to sell 10 million copies with every album they put out.

he just reached his peak and isn't going to be that big any more. 

chase your big, beautiful dreams

Jay-Z said he was the next Michael Jackson.

The Carters, so humble and so clairvoyant.

Andreu

idk but he has had some great bops

scream

yeah

More

DJ Got Us feeling in love again

River

Chilli from TLC exposed his as a sex addicted, like he literally broke her vagina something like that, it was kinda scandalous back then and hurt is popularity.. + 2 women sued him for STD

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived