💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Latest Oscar predictions for A Star Is Born (AwardsCircuit)

Bradley

Featured Posts

andy232000
On 12/6/2018 at 11:55 AM, MeloArtDramaPop said:

I kinda want her to be nominated for supporting actress instead to guarantee that oscar, but then saying that youve been nominated for lead actress is also tempting

She´s not a supporting role so she cant be nominated on a supporting actress category. she´s the lead role. And submitting her role as supporting is kinda useless of she is after all the protagonist. the academy wouldn't give her a nomination if her role is too big 

edit: I´ve seen this had been discussed 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
28 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I definitely agree. I'm not expecting Gaga herself to win anything, though I do think the movie might. Honestly, I'd be happy with just a nomination. Even if she doesn't win, she would be referred to as a nominee, which is a pretty big deal (like you said).

Hopefully the rest of GGD will understand that :sweat:

I'm not sure if A Star Is Born is gonna win Best Picture or Best Director or Best Adapted Screenplay but I can see it getting a lot of nominations, possibly even become the most-nominated film of the year, with the music category and all.

With all the technical categories counted in, I think we might even get 8 nominations for the film.

Max Vandeburg

The Awards Watch website mentioned Gaga today in a prediction article and I thought you should know:

"After her hot debut last month on the heels of the trailer for A Star Is Born, Lady Gaga finds herself in the top 5. It might seem easy to dismiss the songstress in her lead feature debut but we’ve seen many examples of singers-turned-actresses finding Oscar glory in both wins and nominations. Barbra Streisand and Cher have both won Best Actress; Bette Midler was nominated for a singing performance in The Rose. Madonna in Evita is probably the closest example one could make for Gaga to falter but A Star Is Born will likely have stronger reviews and better box office. Plus, Gaga is already an Oscar nominee (in Original Song), so she’s no stranger to the Academy."

http://awardswatch.com/2018/06/19/2019-oscar-predictions-best-actress-june-toni-collette-scares-up-a-top-10-debut/

Archived