💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga: a “trend” that died.

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

Chamaquito

Gaga is arguably one of the biggest (and at some point THE most famous) pop star of all time. And although she has not gotten a number 1 on the Billboard 100 in 7 years, her albums are still going number 1. She’s still selling out arenas and for the first time she sold out 4 stadiums in America. She’s still successful. Everyone still know who she is. And now, Her role in ASIB, I believe will boost her career even more. But, we can’t deny that the radio isn’t playing Gaga anymore. There was a time when Bad Romance, Telephone, and Alejandro were all playing on the radio at the same time. There was a time Gaga had the most watched music video on the internet. And the most searched person on Google. So do you think she, Gaga the character and her artistry, were a trend? Meaning that she isn’t being played that much by the radio or stream by the GP because people moved on to the next thing and not necessarily because she “isn’t” making good music anymore? Or because poor choices being made? Like wrong singles, videos, etc..This isn’t a hate thread. I honestly don’t care for the charts. Which is why I’m hoping to see her get involve in more genres that won’t necessarily appeal to the masses. C2C was a great career choice fight me lol.. But it’s shocking how we witnessed someone go from being this HUGE pop star to someone I usually see on social media people ask “Is she even a thing anymore?”.

Spoiler

the idea of this thread came after someone on Twitter (who’s not part of Stan Twitter but the Hip Hop community) told someone she wasn’t a thing anymore.

I’m actually nice.

Skinny Legend

Probably but unlike Miley, Iggy and many other it girls of the time Gaga is more respected and i don't say that as a fan. Her career is in a better state.

giphy.gif

Squidward T

yes sadly! People loved the wild costumes and theatrics but the more she did it, the more they got bored of it. 

Pablo

Any artist who peaked as large as Gaga did sees decline. The bubble has to pop.

Don't visit my profile

People keep up with her because she has one thing that her competitors don’t:

anigif_sub-buzz-16069-1499897493-1.gif

TALENT! :trollga:

EDIT: Gaga is a known legend who is one of the few artists who always pushes the boundaries & rebels to following the norms.

Also she’s a natural entertainer giving us visuals, vocals, fashion, acting, and a stage presence all in one performance. Reinventing herself plays a role in this. 

Plus I rather be respected in the music industry than have 15 mins of fame and become a hasbeen. 

ryanripley

no trend is permanent, that's why they're called trends however gaga managed to pull through and stay relevant enough to be making millions and millions of dollars which is what matters at the end of the day

she's not trendy but her bank is filling up and she's giving us plenty of content to digest

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

River

Gaga was a trend during Troy because this is how he planned and manage everything, he created a brand and Gaga went along with it until she couldn't do this anymore, she wanted to evolve as an artist and to be free from this brand's chains... so in some sense, it's Gaga choice to kill the trend and the brand of Gaga as we knew it.

The radio is not gonna play her unless she will release a radio friendly generic hit and the fact that Gaga is not releasing a "radio edit" for many songs and if she does it a mess (G.U.Y teas) it's also not helping..

Gaga's songs are too long for the radio and she also has some kind of love/hate with them for some reason..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

giskardsb

Gaga is transcending pop. People keep acting like pop star is the top of the career heap.  It’s the bottom of Gagas ladder. 

Pierre

No big pop stars is the trend. :derpga:

Gaga happened, then Adele happened, and... Then, who???? What happened with Gaga between 2008-2012 worldwide hasn't happened yet to anyone in the music un recentes years, she was in the radio, tv, news, the clothes, the fashion, magazines, interviews, performances, even the paparazzi pictures leaving her hotel were talked about.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

rumours

Million Reasons did pretty well in terms of airplay. If I recall, it was Top 20 on overall radio.

9 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Gaga happened, then Adele happened, and... Then, who????

Bruno Mars came on the scene after both of them. He's certainly had a large presence in pop ever since.

sipthistea

She had her peak so fast and so high that the fall of popularity was imminent. Plus Gaga doesn't follow any rules, so she wouldn't keep that peak for so long.  But she's still a respected artist, and her art is turning better with the time. Her voice is more powerful than it used to be, and she transmits her emotions like no other artist does.You lose something, but then you gain something else. And having longevity is the win imo. You may have the hits, the money, the popularity, but that goes sooner or later.

The thing is how will people remember you? How do you want to be remembered when you die? 

yungpancake

Well trends come and go girl. Gaga literally made other artists of the 2010s channel her look because it was her trademark and everyone knew it garnered tons of attention. That trend is now dead due to the rise of hip-hop culture, the Kardashian aesthetic, and because the GP got bored with it. 

But the reason why Gaga is still rising today is because of how she ingrained it on the general public's minds to always keep an eye on her every move; because she is what? Unpredictable. With her talent and with what she chooses to do with it. Cheek to cheek happened. A literal ANTI-gaga americana folk album happened. Now she's ventured into television shows and now MOVIES. Everybody wants to know what she's up to because she's GAGA. The ever-mysterious talented GAGA. 

I'm really happy that the GP is starting to realize how talented she is. People see her now as a young Barbara Streisand. She is going to  be an icon. A legend. She has won the hearts of the general public again because she is the only one standing right now that has actual talent and versatility. 

whore
1 hour ago, Chamaquito said:

But, we can’t deny that the radio isn’t playing Gaga anymore.

I heard “Million Reasons” and “The Cure” within an hour of each other today on the radio :sis:

freebit

This outlook is everything that's wrong with how people look at artists. She may have started some trends, but she's a person, not a trend itself. She is clearly here to stay and continues to evolve. Also just because some on twitter don't pay attention to her =/= her career being dead. 

River
1 hour ago, Rumours1977 said:

Million Reasons did pretty well in terms of airplay. If I recall, it was Top 20 on overall radio.

Bruno Mars came on the scene after both of them. He's certainly had a large presence in pop ever since.

I think Bruno lacks of star present, Mars will never be a Mercury :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived