Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

[#10] Around the World - 7,613

Stans: @That J@MaryJaneHolland@teawhore@gagapplause@ThaFame@KING - 10

Haters: @Bio@Lagg - 2

christina-lotus-promo-thatgrapejuice.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [2] - The drums are cool but the lyrics are just stupid.
@That J [10] - Ive heard some fans consider Around the World filler and its one of my ultimate favorites. Its sexy, shouts out to Lady Marmalade, and has some of the best vocals. The pre chorus before the main chorus near the end is HEAT. I get INTO this song ya’ll!!! A banger!
@KING [10] - Should have been the lead single imo!
@HausOfHarlow [7] - I can’t get into the lyrics. Feel this kinda song is very overused theme.
@DiamondAngel [8] - I don’t hear many people talk about this one, but I really enjoy it! It’s got a weird subject matter (leave it to Xtina to write a song about f**king in every country) but it’s got a great melody.
@Rumours1977 [6.25] - The song is okay. It blends in as an album track that could have been left off of the album in my opinion. With that said, I liked it more than some of the faster tracks early on in the album.

@gagapplause [10] - I love the folk elements in it. Such a great song.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J
1 minute ago, EvilRegal said:

Commentary

@That J [10] - Ive heard some fans consider Around the World filler and its one of my ultimate favorites. Its sexy, shouts out to Lady Marmalade, and has some of the best vocals. The pre chorus before the main chorus near the end is HEAT. I get INTO this song ya’ll!!! A banger!
@HausOfHarlow [7] - I can’t get into the lyrics. Feel this kinda song is very overused theme.
@DiamondAngel [8] - I don’t hear many people talk about this one, but I really enjoy it! It’s got a weird subject matter (leave it to Xtina to write a song about f**king in every country) but it’s got a great melody.
@Rumours1977 [6.25] - The song is okay. It blends in as an album track that could have been left off of the album in my opinion. With that said, I liked it more than some of the faster tracks early on in the album.

S I X of us gave it a ten and it still floundered.  

Its called fun and silly and sexy. Lawd. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

IAmNotHere1997

Commentary

Deserved so much better, but hey, a top 10 issa top 10. Good for her.

Phoebe Buffay

I will never forgive you for this next one. It should've been WAY higher! :grr:

That J

I LOVE Cease Fire and I knew it wouldnt last so out of the handful of songs I absolutely love, I gave it my 11 just to maybe raise it one notch.  

Phoebe Buffay
Just now, That J said:

I LOVE Cease Fire and I knew it wouldnt last so out of the handful of songs I absolutely love, I gave it my 11 just to maybe raise it one notch.  

That's the song with the most 11s. :hor:

That J

Oh well *brushes his shoulders* I knew WE had taste.  :huntyga:

Gagaism
2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

a big surprise Cease Fire getting #1

Phoebe Buffay

[#09] Best of Me - 7,777

Stans: @EvilRegal@TheShameMonster@gagapplause@NNES - 10

Hates: @Bio - 6

2lxwk1v.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [3] - Generic ballad #3.
@That J [6.5] - Best Of Me is a decent ballad/midtempo track that features some really powerful vocals and lyrics. Not her best by no means but I do play it at times.
@HausOfHarlow [9] - Love this underrated gem! I usually always like the odd tracks.
@DiamondAngel [8] - This song is so underrated. It may not be a "power" ballad, but it's a darn good one anyway. It's subtle, but it's beautiful. I love the layering of her vocals in the chorus.
@Rumours1977 [7.5] - One of the better songs on the album. Christina gives us a glimpse into some of her insecurities, but recognizes her power internally to rise up from all the negativity
@gagapplause [10] - I'm my humble opinion, her best voice performance on whole album it is on this song.

Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#09] Best of Me - 7,777

2lxwk1v.jpg

Commentary

@That J [6.5] - Best Of Me is a decent ballad/midtempo track that features some really powerful vocals and lyrics. Not her best by no means but I do play it at times.
@HausOfHarlow [9] - Love this underrated gem! I usually always like the odd tracks.
@DiamondAngel [8] - This song is so underrated. It may not be a "power" ballad, but it's a darn good one anyway. It's subtle, but it's beautiful. I love the layering of her vocals in the chorus.
@Rumours1977 [7.5] - One of the better songs on the album. Christina gives us a glimpse into some of her insecurities, but recognizes her power internally to rise up from all the negativity
@gagapplause [10] - I'm my humble opinion, her best voice performance on whole album it is on this song.

one of my faves...

rumours
5 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

[#09] Best of Me - 7,777

2lxwk1v.jpg

Commentary

Gone WAY too soon

Well, I'm just hoping Blank Page snatches at this point.

Phoebe Buffay

[#08] Just a Fool (feat. Blake Shelton) - 7,847

Stans: @NNES - 11

Haters: @MaryJaneHolland - 2

x+l+2.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [9] - This is probably the best song on this album. She should have done something like this for the rest of it. This has got real emotion, she sounds great with Blake and it’s just a good song overall.
@That J [6] - I hate this song because it was picked as a single and I felt that was a horrible choice then and still think so today. However, its not a bad song. The duet is sweet. Its cute. Nothing more nothing less. Just cute. Next!
@HausOfHarlow [5] - Ugh... Only because he was a judge on the show at the time - I have never liked this song and it was a bad single choice.
@DiamondAngel [8.5] - Great song! You can tell Blake is straining his voice a little bit in the chorus, but it's still a pleasant song.
@Rumours1977 [7.75] - I like the instrumentation, and the melody. While Blake Shelton is not my favorite country artist by any means, he sounds pretty good here. Although the song had the potential to be great, she is oversinging to the point where it is distracting. If she had shown some restraint, this could have been another 9+ to be honest.

@gagapplause [9] - I'm not a country fan, but it is still a great song.

rumours
Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#08] Just a Fool (feat. Blake Shelton) - 7,847

Stans: @NNES - 11

Haters: @MaryJaneHolland - 2

x+l+2.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [9] - This is probably the best song on this album. She should have done something like this for the rest of it. This has got real emotion, she sounds great with Blake and it’s just a good song overall.
@That J [6] - I hate this song because it was picked as a single and I felt that was a horrible choice then and still think so today. However, its not a bad song. The duet is sweet. Its cute. Nothing more nothing less. Just cute. Next!
@HausOfHarlow [5] - Ugh... Only because he was a judge on the show at the time - I have never liked this song and it was a bad single choice.
@DiamondAngel [8.5] - Great song! You can tell Blake is straining his voice a little bit in the chorus, but it's still a pleasant song.
@Rumours1977 [7.75] - I like the instrumentation, and the melody. While Blake Shelton is not my favorite country artist by any means, he sounds pretty good here. Although the song had the potential to be great, she is oversinging to the point where it is distracting. If she had shown some restraint, this could have been another 9+ to be honest.

@gagapplause [9] - I'm not a country fan, but it is still a great song.

NnNNnNNNnnn How much did @That J pay you to eliminate my Top 5? :messga:

Archived