• Created
  • Last Reply
Phoebe Buffay

[#13] Circles - 7,347

Stans: @teawhore@gagapplause@EvilRegal - 10

Haters: @MaryJaneHolland - 1

404327_510854238932876_2067884682_n.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [6] - I kind of like the whole chick flick from 2001 soundtrack vibe but at the same time why is Christina Aguilera doing this?
@That J [8] - This song cracks me UP. For one, its got a cool fun melody and beat, great vocals all while telling another person shes got you spinning in circles....around her middle finger.  Throwing some rock vibes to it and we've got a stay out my face power anthem.
@KING [6] - Christina x Pop-rock is … :awkney:
@HausOfHarlow [7] - It’s fun but it falls flat.
@DiamondAngel [4] - Well... she tried. This song is at least bearable. And Christina is the type of artist who takes risks musically, like Gaga. Sometimes her songs can be a mess, but at least they're interesting.
@Rumours1977 [4] - While I understand that this track is sort of a "**** you" to people who’ve wronged her (which I can appreciate), this is my least favorite song of the album so far. I don’t like the vocal effects at all, and production seems to be loud for the sake of being loud. Christina has far better tracks in her repertoire that have a similar meaning to this one. (Edit: Turns out, she in fact  has a better one later on in this very album)

@gagapplause [10] - Best song for that angry moments.

That J
Just now, EvilRegal said:

[#13] Circles - 7,347

Stans: @teawhore@gagapplause@EvilRegal - 10

Haters: @MaryJaneHolland - 1

404327_510854238932876_2067884682_n.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [6] - I kind of like the whole chick flick from 2001 soundtrack vibe but at the same time why is Christina Aguilera doing this?
@That J [8] - This song cracks me UP. For one, its got a cool fun melody and beat, great vocals all while telling another person shes got you spinning in circles....around her middle finger.  Throwing some rock vibes to it and we've got a stay out my face power anthem.
@KING [6] - Christina x Pop-rock is … :awkney:
@HausOfHarlow [7] - It’s fun but it falls flat.
@DiamondAngel [4] - Well... she tried. This song is at least bearable. And Christina is the type of artist who takes risks musically, like Gaga. Sometimes her songs can be a mess, but at least they're interesting.
@Rumours1977 [4] - While I understand that this track is sort of a "**** you" to people who’ve wronged her (which I can appreciate), this is my least favorite song of the album so far. I don’t like the vocal effects at all, and production seems to be loud for the sake of being loud. Christina has far better tracks in her repertoire that have a similar meaning to this one. (Edit: Turns out, she in fact  has a better one later on in this very album)

@gagapplause [10] - Best song for that angry moments.

I knew this was coming so I'm fine with it.  Just A Fool hanging in worries me some. Come thru Cease Fire, Red Hot, Army, Lotus!!   

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

I for real had 5 different 11s so it's very possible Just A Fool will win. Hahaha

Phoebe Buffay

[#12] Make the World Move (feat. Cee Lo Green) - 7,458

Stans: @TheShameMonster@That J@EvilRegal - 10

Haters: @Bio - 3

b153a0cf8a1598b97cda97409b8dc5a0.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [3] - Mediocrity at its best.
@That J [10] - How was this not a single?  How was this not a smash? It may not be the best song on the album but turn it up loud and you'll be moving in your seat. The verses seem taken from the Back to Basics playbook and the chorus is a thunderous get up and go stomper. This track is HOT.
@KING [8] - The verses and pre chorus are good but I wish the chorus was different.
@DiamondAngel [8] - For some reason, the instrumental of this song reminds me of Christmas, and I use it as a holiday song. Even though Cee Lo turned out to be a disgusting creep, this song is still a great piece of music.
@Rumours1977 [4.75] - This song does give me some Back to Basics vibes at certain points, which isn’t a bad thing by any means. The chorus is very underwhelming though. I like certain parts of the song, but the negatives outweigh the positives in my opinion. I wish I liked this track more than I do.

@gagapplause [9] - I like the production and how Xtina and Cee Lo Green voices work well on it.

Commentary

@That J [10] - How was this not a single?  How was this not a smash? It may not be the best song on the album but turn it up loud and you'll be moving in your seat. The verses seem taken from the Back to Basics playbook and the chorus is a thunderous get up and go stomper. This track is HOT.
@KING [8] - The verses and pre chorus are good but I wish the chorus was different.
@DiamondAngel [8] - For some reason, the instrumental of this song reminds me of Christmas, and I use it as a holiday song. Even though Cee Lo turned out to be a disgusting creep, this song is still a great piece of music.
@Rumours1977 [4.75] - This song does give me some Back to Basics vibes at certain points, which isn’t a bad thing by any means. The chorus is very underwhelming though. I like certain parts of the song, but the negatives outweigh the positives in my opinion. I wish I liked this track more than I do.

@gagapplause [9] - I like the production and how Xtina and Cee Lo Green voices work well on it.

red hot kinda love 2.0 but it's worst

That J
1 minute ago, EvilRegal said:

Commentary

Such a fun blast of a song. Oh well. 

*drops q-tips on the floor, sits and smiles*

DiamondAngel

I'm late but I'm here, and I'm DISGUSTED that Sing for Me isn't top 5???? WHAT???

1 minute ago, EvilRegal said:

Which song missed the top 10? :oprah:

Around the World i think....

Phoebe Buffay

[#11] Light Up the Sky - 7,583

Stans: @Myself - 11

Haters: @MaryJaneHolland - 2

d403a1af6564daffa67a8af98e862dfc.jpg

Commentary

@Bio [5] - Not as bad as some of the other ballads but the production is too 2008 for its own good.
@That J [8] - Another one of those Christina power ballads. This song kinda strikes me as something Celine Dion would've done in her heyday. One of the probs alot of people had with this album is that it was "overdone" or "sung to death".  I disagree mostly but on this song...you DO get that but it doesnt bother me.
@HausOfHarlow [8] - Powerful production!
@DiamondAngel [7] - This one falls into the more forgettable of the tracks on Lotus, but it's still darn good - and the rest of the album holds such a high standard that even though this may not be in the album's top ten, it doesn't make it bad by any means.
@Rumours1977 [6.25] - I love the verses, but the chorus (again specifically the production) really doesn’t do much for me. This another song that I think would sound great with Christina in an acoustic setting.

@gagapplause [10] - Her voice on point as usual, I love this one.

That J

Commentary

@Bio [5] - Not as bad as some of the other ballads but the production is too 2008 for its own good.
@That J [8] - Another one of those Christina power ballads. This song kinda strikes me as something Celine Dion would've done in her heyday. One of the probs alot of people had with this album is that it was "overdone" or "sung to death".  I disagree mostly but on this song...you DO get that but it doesnt bother me.
@DiamondAngel [7] - This one falls into the more forgettable of the tracks on Lotus, but it's still darn good - and the rest of the album holds such a high standard that even though this may not be in the album's top ten, it doesn't make it bad by any means.
@Rumours1977 [6.25] - I love the verses, but the chorus (again specifically the production) really doesn’t do much for me. This another song that I think would sound great with Christina in an acoustic setting.

This is pretty much where I wished it to be.  I'm shocked Just A Fool is still in. I didn't know anyone liked that one!  Learn something new every day. 

2 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

Commentary

i'm ok with that! best song on deluxe!

Archived