rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
1 minute ago, Noah said:

Oh wow! I didn't expect it to be #3. 

Ah yes, the lip sync that makes the image of a green Alexis Michelle leaping towards the cameras ever-ingrained into my memory.

Werewolves Wanted
2 minutes ago, That J said:

And THATS my 11. 

SAAAAME :firega: UGh such an amazing song

That J

This has been fun as always!  Even when I'm grrrrrrr, I'm smiling. :staymad:. Thanks @Rumours1977 for another amazing job hosting! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

Now here we goooooooooooo

rumours

This is SUCH a close one.

Only 0.02 Points separate #1 and #2!!!

Who's gonna take it home? Are you team Heartbreaker or team I Wanna Fall In Love?

Noah
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

This is SUCH a close one.

Only 0.02 Points separate #1 and #2!!!

Who's gonna take it home? Are you team Heartbreaker or team I Wanna Fall In Love?

HER BEST SONG BETTER WIN. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Werewolves Wanted

Either way I Wanna Fall In Love (with the lord and savior Dolly Parton).mp3 will remain holy :firega:

rumours

#2: "I Wanna Fall in Love”

TheBestLittleWhorehouseInTexas_1033930-1

Overall Score: 8.86

High Score: 11 @Aubbie @calmar @That J @Oriane

Low Score: 5 @SolidSnake

Comments:

@Noah ~ “The Disco Queen jumped out. This is great as a contrast to Heartbreaker. She's ready to fall in love again. I'm here for this Song. The Chorus is AMAZING.”

@calmar ~ “This is my eleven. A raucous, joyous, celebratory end to an album about the search for love and personal priorities.”

@That J ~ “Lets have one more round the disco shall we?! Along with The Man, this is my fave part of the album. In less than 2 and a half minutes, Dolly creates and builds a vibe some songs take 5 minutes to never reach. And that buildup?!?!?  Totally unique. This is PURE FUN and an awesome way to wrap things up.”

@Oriane ~ “My favorite, and it's the final song ! It's very catchy and you quickly want to sing along. It's a nice conclusion to the album.”

@SolidSnake ~ “Im not a fan of her doing this weird disco style. Eh. Its catch which is pretty good, but Dolly to me is much like Gaga. I dont want her wasting time with bops. I want to see her beautiful vocals. This song is a bit below average. 4 out of 10.”

Video: This is the version of I Wanna Fall in Love that they would play in discos during the late 70s. It’s a somewhat rare find, so I thought it’d be interesting to share.

AND YOUR #1!!!

#1: "Heartbreaker"

EC_DP013.jpg?v=1500321365

Overall Score: 8.88

High Score: 11 @Rumours1977 @Noah @Ronk

Low Score: 6 @SolidSnake

Comments:

@Noah ~ “This is her best Song. No Question. It's amazingly written - sonically, lyrically and vocally. The Production may not use different Instruments as other Songs on the Album, but the Instrumental of this Song is the most polished and the most well thought out. Overall a greatly composed Song and for me really her best Song ever. The Chorus doesnt consist of constant repeating but instead tells the great Story of her Heartbreaker. I love this Song so much.”

@calmar ~ “The title song of the album. By this point on the album, despite any talent Dolly has, the love ballads are all beginning to blur sonically, so I can't put this song super high.”

@That J ~ “Normally I wouldnt want a ballad to break up the party she was building but this one is extra beautiful. Her voice almost doesnt sound like her at the beginning which adds an interesting element.  By the chorus we reach a solid midtempo sound that works well.”

@Oriane ~ “A beautiful and calming ballad. For a second I thought she was going to say «I truly thought we were lovers but now I found that you're my brother»”

@SolidSnake ~ “Its a nice country heartbreak love song, not her best but certainly not her worst almost the definition of Average. 6 out of 10  upping the points because at least its a nice song”

Video

That J

Wow almost a tie!  Well I liked both so bring it on! 

That J

Surprised Heartbreaker beat EVERYTHING.  BUT that's how they go. Lol. 

That was a fun one!!!   

Noah

HER BEST SONG WON OMG HAPPY PRIDE MONTH

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Archived