Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY: Heartbreaker (Dolly Parton)

rumours

Featured Posts

SolidSnake
Just now, GaGaSwift said:

THIS

The weird voice effect got it a rating of 3 out of 10 with me. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours

#10: "The Man"

f64b25e3432ced385db8d6ab63d0617c--dolly-

Overall Score: 7.13

High Score: 10 @Aubbie @That J

Low Score: 1 @GaGaSwift

Comments:

@GaGaSwift ~ “I have never liked this because I feel like she has a couple of songs like this in her discography already and it seems weak to me”

@Noah ~ “I love the difference in this Production, compared to the other Songs. The Bass/Piano is so interesting and gives this Song a unique edge. The male-background voice also works very well in the Chorus, the slightly delayed chorus vocals and the 'Oooh' in the Background make this Song one of the Standouts on the Album.”

@calmar ~ “I can't bear to listen to this, I find it annoying, but it's still well-written and performed, I guess.”

@That J ~ “Now THIS is where we get back into that cool edge from earlier. This one is my 11 too but I can only pick one. This song is cool poetry, mysterious, hypnotic, deep, sensual and romantic all at once. It has a sizzle just beneath it that is highly contagious. A fave!!”

@Oriane ~ “I like it, it's different from the rest of the album, it's darker and inspired by other genres.”

@SolidSnake ~ “Started out really good, but what the hell is with that chorus voice effect? This would be better as a straight up country song. The voice effect completely murdered this track 3 out of 10. Would have been higher without the voice effect. It would work better on a different song.”

Video:

That J

I said in my post rating these songs that The Man wouldnt be appreciated.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

*sigh*  Gotta love the GGD rate. :ladyhaha:

That J
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

@That J... The Little Green Moment begins

Hahaha I told you it would fail. Lol

rumours
Just now, That J said:

*sigh*  Gotta love the GGD rate. :ladyhaha:

The Man is one of my favs on the album.

I actually really like it sonically and lyrically.

Ah well lol

That J
1 minute ago, SolidSnake said:

Im too traditional with my county taste. 

To me it was the perfect combo of her country roots and the modern pop vibe she was getting into.  This was an attempt at pop.  

Pop Music
2 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

"The Man"

f64b25e3432ced385db8d6ab63d0617c--dolly-

Overall Score: 7.13

High Score: 10 @Aubbie @That J

Low Score: 1 @GaGaSwift

Comments:

@GaGaSwift ~ “I have never liked this because I feel like she has a couple of songs like this in her discography already and it seems weak to me”

@Noah ~ “I love the difference in this Production, compared to the other Songs. The Bass/Piano is so interesting and gives this Song a unique edge. The male-background voice also works very well in the Chorus, the slightly delayed chorus vocals and the 'Oooh' in the Background make this Song one of the Standouts on the Album.”

@calmar ~ “I can't bear to listen to this, I find it annoying, but it's still well-written and performed, I guess.”

@That J ~ “Now THIS is where we get back into that cool edge from earlier. This one is my 11 too but I can only pick one. This song is cool poetry, mysterious, hypnotic, deep, sensual and romantic all at once. It has a sizzle just beneath it that is highly contagious. A fave!!”

@Oriane ~ “I like it, it's different from the rest of the album, it's darker and inspired by other genres.”

@SolidSnake ~ “Started out really good, but what the hell is with that chorus voice effect? This would be better as a straight up country song. The voice effect completely murdered this track 3 out of 10. Would have been higher without the voice effect. It would work better on a different song.”

Video:

giphy.gif

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

SolidSnake
Just now, That J said:

To me it was the perfect combo of her country roots and the modern pop vibe she was getting into.  This was an attempt at pop.  

as I said in my review the song starts out good but the weird voice effect immediately got tiresome 

That J

This is interesting already and that's what makes these things fun. 

calmar

Yeah I can't stand that song. I got to skipping it when I was re-listening to the album because it just was so grating and annoying. :oops: 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

That J

I find G.U.Y. annoying so my tastes are already arguable around here.  :selena:

Archived