Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Bradley and Gaga will get nominated at the Oscars?

Bradley

Title  

315 members have voted

1. 1. A Star Is Born's chances

• Both Gaga and Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Gaga will get nominated
    • Both of them are not getting any acting nominations

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
12 hours ago, ilgkp said:

"We have to see the movie." and later "I don’t think Oscar worthy compared to the other rumored actresses."

you are drunk or smth?:toofunny:

gaga has a good chance, because in the trailer you can see that she is unrecognizable and this is positively received by the oscars

Y’all are queens of changing my words I have to say! In the first quote I am speaking about THE MOVIE in the second one about GAGA.... I really don’t get y’all... It’s my opinion, as a fan I will see the movie and am more then exited. It could win oscars too, never said something else. Just don’t think Gaga’s acting is Oscar worthy COMPARED to the other rumored actresses? There is nothing controversial ... So explain me why I should be drunk? :toofunny:

11 hours ago, Bradley said:

Actually I think you missed the point. I said the Academy likes to award movies in one package, hence I brought up the La La Land example. You said nothing to refute that statement. I could be talking about any movie which is not a musical but which still received multiple nominations in the general categories and the statement would still stand. That was the point.

I didn’t get you right now...(Not to be mean, I really didn’t understand) Can you explain again pls..

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster
9 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

obviously, a star is born looks better. La la land is overrated

By comparing I didn’t mean that La La Land is better...I even agree with you on that one :ladyhaha: I was speaking of the type and story of the movie, even if both are musical movies, they are very different in my eyes...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Kimmo

They’re taking over the Oscars, Grammys, and Golden Globes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional! :whitney:

Hottie Detector

BlingNotTheMusic
17 hours ago, Bradley said:

I love GGD's optimism, hopefully the Academy agrees with us.

tumblr_inline_o0szbvKcUK1reukim_500.gif

Quick, can someone photoshop Joe -er I mean Cristian’s face onto Taylor’s?! :ohwell:

Bradley
9 hours ago, MyQueen said:

By the trailer movie is not an Oscar material:madge:

I don't think you know how an Oscarworthy movie looks like because you were already shown one.

And trust me I've seen enough movies to know that the trailer just screams Oscars if anything.

Bradley
10 hours ago, A Hybrid said:

This paragraph got ignored so badly, looking at the votes

Unless they genuinely think that Bradley and Gaga are worthy of a nomination... which they are entitled to tbh.

Chickens in Malibu

If Lady Gaga got nominated for an Oscar with a song that was poorly recorded and poorly promoted, I'm pretty sure she'll get in with ASIB.

The vocals in Till It Happens To You weren't great in the studio version. I remember I sent it to a friend and he didn't like it, but right when she performed it at the Oscars he suddenly loved it. The vocals were much better live. And the song was poorly promoted too.

Bradley
10 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Look at us discussing the nominations like we're the academy members smh Everyone knows that they dont reward you on the basis of talent. Its all politics. If Bradley can use his A list contacts effectively, they will score noms no matter how bad the movie is. And tbh ya'll should focus on buying tickets to the movie rather than predicting awards. Whatever will happen, will happen, we cant change it. So enjoy the music and the movie. 

I agree that politics play a big role in determining whether you win or not, hence the campaigning.

But do you really think if the movie gets a 20% RT score or if their acting is panned by critics that the movie is still getting nominated just because Bradley used his A-list contacts effectively? There has to be some merits to the film and acting itself for them to garner some nominations. That's a requirement.

Bradley
9 hours ago, Luxe Ford said:

I voted yes to them both, but it's not on any betting lists I have seen. And Mary Poppins is there and it premieres after Christmas.

I still hope ASIB will blow everything else out of the water.

IndieWire is the only prediction we have (show me some links if there are predictions outside IndieWire) and they predicted Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actress for A Star is Born. Surprisingly they didn't predict Best Actor for it. I think imdb placed A Star Is Born at #38 as well but they're irrelevant since they put Annihilation at #2 which is a stupid decision.

MarcusBones

I think the film will be nominated for at least 8 Academy Awards, including Best Actor for Bradley and Best Actress for Gaga.

you guys saying it’s “delusional” to think she’d be nominated need to take a step back and realize that this is Gaga in HER elements - this is her biggest opportunity to shine in an acting role - a musical!!! 

Also, many Oscar predictor websites have pegged her in the Best Actress category and a lot of these sites have rarely been wrong.

Do I think she’ll win however? Not necessarily. Maybe for best original song which would be incredible!

I’m gagging over the possibility of her having 2 nominations at once!

I AM however 101% sure she’ll get another Golden Globe

Bradley
4 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

I didn’t get you right now...(Not to be mean, I really didn’t understand) Can you explain again pls..

I was saying the Academy likes to award one movie with several nominations - for example, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress all to one single movie, as opposed to awarding Best Picture to movie A, and Best Actor to movie B (separating the awards). I brought up La La Land as an example because it was awarded multiple nominations in the general and technical categories (Actor, Actress, Director, Picture, Screenplay, Score, Song, etc.). It's not about the genre or both of them being musicals. It's about the fact that they are nominated multiple times.

And A Star Is Born is already predicted to get nominated for Best Original Song, Best Director, Best Picture and as we have seen, Best Actor seems to be in the bag as well. I was trying to point out the advantage the movie has, and UNLESS Gaga's acting is exceptionally bad, she should get nominated because all the circumstances are already placed in her favour.

@Adarsh Soni Does this sound like a good point? I dk it's just my observation.

Bradley
58 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

If Lady Gaga got nominated for an Oscar with a song that was poorly recorded and poorly promoted, I'm pretty sure she'll get in with ASIB.

The vocals in Till It Happens To You weren't great in the studio version. I remember I sent it to a friend and he didn't like it, but right when she performed it at the Oscars he suddenly loved it. The vocals were much better live. And the song was poorly promoted too.

The studio version is just fine. And Til It Happens to You had awesome campaigning and promotion, what are you talking about?

sipthistea

I want to see the film first before giving my verdict on this topic :laughga:

The trailer hyped me up, but I need to watch the entire thing to say something honest and objective about it. 

Archived