💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Bradley and Gaga will get nominated at the Oscars?

Bradley

Title  

315 members have voted

1. 1. A Star Is Born's chances

• Both Gaga and Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Gaga will get nominated
    • Both of them are not getting any acting nominations

Featured Posts

SwissMonster

70% think both are getting nominations?The delusion on this website :ladyhaha:

Also, you just CAN NOT compare ASIB to La La Land :toofunny:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adarsh
2 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Its not delusion. She will get nominated for best original song and he'll possibly be nominated for best picture as there are 8-9 nominees for best picture nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a best director nom as well. The academy loves actors turning into directors. 

Bebe

When it comes to the major awards it really is too early to judge, especially from a trailer.

I'd say Gaga is a contender for a Best Actress nomination, but she is not a frontrunner (as of now anyway) by any stretch. Charlize Theron (Tully) is getting great reviews, which she deserves and Toni Collette is getting really rave reviews and some Oscar talk for Hereditary (which I haven't seen yet).

Three-time nominee Viola Davis will star in Widows directed by Steve Mcqueen who has won Best Picture before - so obviously there is a lot of talk around that (it hasn't dropped yet - but it seems a safe bet considering the names involved). It's also dropping around award season.

Saoirse Ronan has been nominated a few times she will be in Mary, Queen of Scots, Nicole Kidman and Glen Close are also Oscar favourites who will have movies out. Saoirse and Nicole will also be in films helmed by women, The Acadamy might be keen to get some nominations out for those films considering some of the backlash they have received.  

Some names that are going around now might drop off as their films fail to maintain hype and discussion in public discourse, other movies and roles might end up overshadowing these roles there have been some discussions about. 

Gaga could feasibly get a nomination based upon the kind of talk that has been going on so far - if the movie does well and receives good reviews then her chances really shoot up I think.

I'll avoid voting for now. I don't think it's crazy to think Gaga has a chance at a nomination by any stretch, it's just really going to depend on the reception and success of the film once it arrives. If it does well then I'll be more confident in saying she has a good chance at a nomination. Right now she is in the conversation - but I need to see more before I can judge how far up her chances are within that conversation.

In terms of "Original Song" I'd say she has pretty high hopes though. It's a musical, she has been nominated for the category before, she's worked with Diane Warren for the project who has also scored plenty of noms. Feel more comfortable about calling a nomination for that one.

SwissMonster
Just now, Adarsh Soni said:

Its not delusion. She will get nominated for best original song and he'll possibly be nominated for best picture as there are 8-9 nominees for best picture nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a best director nom as well. The academy loves actors turning into directors. 

1.You forget that there are not only Original Gaga songs on the album. A Bradley only song could also get nominated!

2.I voted Bradley only, so I agree with you what you said with Bradley

3.I think many people who voted Gaga or Gaga and Bradley think she will be nominated for several oscars/not only the „best original song“.

4. We have to see the movie. From what i saw in the trailer Gaga is really good in acting BUT I don’t think Oscar worthy compared to the other rumored actresses.

So for the moment, the delusion on this website is HUGE what concerns awards. But I am open to be proved wrong when award season is here :vegas:

Guest Adarsh
3 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

1.You forget that there are not only Original Gaga songs on the album. A Bradley only song could also get nominated!

3.I think many people who voted Gaga or Gaga and Bradley think she will be nominated for several oscars/not only the „best original song“.

4. We have to see the movie. From what i saw in the trailer Gaga is really good in acting BUT I don’t think Oscar worthy compared to the other rumored actresses.

So for the moment, the delusion on this website is HUGE what concerns awards. But I am open to be proved wrong when award season is here :vegas:

They will obviously send a Gaga single for nomination, they want it to win. Bradley sings well but he's not as good as her. :vegas:

Bradley
20 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Also, you just CAN NOT compare ASIB to La La Land :toofunny:

Wow one second you stan the movie one second you think it's gonna fail. I'm confused as to your stance.

WildAmerican

I was reading on GoldDerby that her Best Actress chances are iffy but:

- Someone said to put her in Supporting Actress and she'd be a gurantee

- She could very well get two song nominations as well. The Shallow for one, and the one she did with Dianne Warren

A lot of things could happen, we just have to wait a few months to see how it plays out.

Bradley
13 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

They're definitely pushing The Shallows for awards, it's a duet between Bradley and Gaga and it's better than any solo track by either of them and it's included in the trailer. Also La La Land got two nominations under Best Original Song, so it could be the same for A Star Is Born. And La La Land is probably the best film to be compared to A Star Is Born, given the similarity of both movies, both its genre and the nature of the cast and film.

Bradley
1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

I was reading on GoldDerby that her Best Actress chances are iffy but:

- Someone said to put her in Supporting Actress and she'd be a gurantee

- She could very well get two song nominations as well. The Shallow for one, and the one she did with Dianne Warren

A lot of things could happen, we just have to wait a few months to see how it plays out.

I read the comments too and I have a feeling that Goldderby users don't like the idea of a pop star getting nominated.

HosedDownGypsy

i still believe they might blurr the lines and put her in the supporting actres category so she has bigger chances:classy:

RAIN ON ME

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Wow one second you stan the movie one second you think it's gonna fail. I'm confused as to your stance.

I still stan the movie :selena: That’s why I voted that Bradley (= movie) will win oscars but not Gaga (at least I don’t think for the acting) :vegas: Nothing changed. Also by „ you can’t compare it to La La Land“ , this doesn‘t mean that I think La La Land is better, in my eyes the movie is very different, that’s all, that’s what I was saying, not that ASIB is a Flop :lolga:

And where did I say it’s gonna fail? It’s not, and I know that :awkney:

SwissMonster
50 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

They will obviously send a Gaga single for nomination, they want it to win. Bradley sings well but he's not as good as her. :vegas:

Send something for a nominations? Since when do you send something to the academy?

Guest Adarsh
34 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I read the comments too and I have a feeling that Goldderby users don't like the idea of a pop star getting nominated.

She can have a guaranteed nomination if they put her in the supporting actress category, and its a common thing, last year the competition for leading actress was very high so they put Viola Davis in the supporting category and she won! Even though her character was leading. 

Guest Adarsh
15 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Send something for a nominations? Since when do you send something to the academy?

Omg I'll pretend you did not just say that. They dont randomly nominate someone. The production house has to file certain things and push for nominations. So in this case WB gets to decide if they want her to be nominated as a lead or supporting or which songs will be campaigned for a nomination. 

DfPVIXRU0AEabS8?format=jpg

The nominations are submitted by the film makers and then the academy decides if they want it or not. So yes. You send It otherwise it wont get nominated.  

Archived