💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

ASIB To Be Titled "Ally" In Japan

adamsenigma

Featured Posts

iCpro

I actually prefer “Ally” to “A Star Is Born”, cos Oscar bait films are always just one word titles of the name of the main character :selena:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iCpro
18 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Since I'm italian, I'll post the Italian version of the trailer and let me tell you... they really found a perfect match for the V.O. actress 

How do musicals work with foreign languages? Do they voice over the songs as well? Or do they leave them?

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

RudraCNG
19 minutes ago, iCpro said:

How do musicals work with foreign languages? Do they voice over the songs as well? Or do they leave them?

Except for Disney or kids movies, they usually leave the songs undubbed.

KarmaPolice
19 minutes ago, iCpro said:

It depends on the production team directions. Sometimes they want to leave the songs in the original language but with subtitles, sometimes they want to translate them completely.

La La Land, The Greatest Showman, Les Miserables songs for example were in english, but with italian subtitles. The Phantom of The Opera, Beauty and the Beast were fully translated and sang in italian.

Sepsami
2 hours ago, Mermaid Tail said:

:giveup:

I was expecting a random unfitting voice to replays gaga's singing but they didn't replace it :vegas: they know damn well she is unreplacable :ohwell: 

Bradley

I feel bad for the Japanese fans. December 21st? That wait is gonna be long.

Wait, the movie isn't even announced in my country yet, let's hope we won't suffer the same fate. :saladga:

ItsTommyBitch

Honestly, Japanese dubs (in my experience) are pretty damn good, voice acting/dubbing over there is generally spot on so I'm not worried :emma: Honestly, I wish they would dub the songs too, but not sure how the licensing would work or if Warner would let them. It would slay though :giveup:

Idk who is voicing Ally but I bet I'll know who they are when I find out, there are a lot of prolific seiyuus in Japan I think would kill it.

(It's so hard to talk about this, because the dubber would be voicing Gaga... who is playing... Ally :saladga: So the voice is someone who will bring the same emotions, intensity, etc. to the role as Gaga, not someone who is acting as Ally, because Gaga's actions are in the film... I'm tired af and its 5 am but idk why this is so hard to conceptualize :laughga: )

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

iCpro
1 hour ago, RudraCNG said:

Except for Disney or kids movies, they usually leave the songs undubbed.

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

It depends on the production team directions. Sometimes they want to leave the songs in the original language but with subtitles, sometimes they want to translate them completely.

La La Land, The Greatest Showman, Les Miserables songs for example were in english, but with italian subtitles. The Phantom of The Opera, Beauty and the Beast were fully translated and sang in italian.

Hmmm ok, I think it would be a bit silly to get Lady f**king Gaga to be in a musical only to dub over her :selena:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

FRANZGA
4 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

I have a feeling my country will get that release date as well FML :bye:

Philippines?

October 10 for us.

Rudz Xinc
3 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Philippines?

October 10 for us.

Indonesia

Look at those clowns

nerdfacekillah

i don’t get the dub thing. why can’t they just translate and put the words in the screen?

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

RAMROD
4 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

I have a feeling my country will get that release date as well FML :bye:

No, pretty sure you will get earlier. Your country new movies release day is always on Wednesday, amd some other movies on Thursday or Friday, so it is either 3, 4, 5 or 10, 11, 12 october. 

Indonesia is infamous for its movies pirating market, so they will not release it late like in Japan.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GagaExGaga
30 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Indonesia

i think its going to be the same date as the official release .. example : ocean 8 comes out on 8th june and in Indonesia the same

CannaeDrive

I was expecting Japanese dubbing :crossed:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Rudz Xinc
40 minutes ago, gagaxgaga said:

i think its going to be the same date as the official release .. example : ocean 8 comes out on 8th june and in Indonesia the same

52 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

No, pretty sure you will get earlier. Your country new movies release day is always on Wednesday, amd some other movies on Thursday or Friday, so it is either 3, 4, 5 or 10, 11, 12 october. 

Indonesia is infamous for its movies pirating market, so they will not release it late like in Japan.

Drama musical is not a popular genre in Indonesia

La La Land premiered one month after US date

The Greatest Showman 9 Days after US date

Mamma Mia 2 months gap

Les Miserables almost a month gap

and I didn't remember Into The Woods being released at all

Look at those clowns

Archived