Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s Oscars Competition

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

Judas Society
1 hour ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

To anyone wondering about non-typical actors like Gaga getting a nomination, the lovely Jennifer Hudson swept everything the year she was in Dreamgirls.  Granted that is a way different role.  Just saying it's not impossible.

Gotta admit, though, I can't wait to see Toni Collette/Hereditary!

Not that we all need another "Daily" site :lolga:  but I always follow this webpage around awards season: http://www.awardsdaily.com/

Who were her contenders in that year? But she was really effective in that movie. She totally outshone Beyonce. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bella Goth
3 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

Yes, both the Judy Garland/James Mason and Barbra Streisand/Kris Kristofferson ones did in multiple categories. But Barbra didn't get a Best Actress nom.

aaaaaaa, never known that, i hope gaga and brad got what they deserveee

Judas Society
14 minutes ago, dvrwis said:

aaaaaaa, never known that, i hope gaga and brad got what they deserveee

Well a nom will be very lucky for Gaga's first feature role. I think best original song has more possibilities of winning and it will also secure Gaga's power as a musician but she will have enough respect to be offered more roles and continue to work on establishing herself as an actress.

pedrohemg

She probably won't get in honey. Be happy with an original song nomination.

Chamaquito
44 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

Who were her contenders in that year?

Cate Blanchett, Adriana Barraza, Abigail Breslin & Rinko Kikuchi.

I’m actually nice.

Ziggy
3 hours ago, nerdface97 said:

i forgot this fact(sometimes i feel so thick:messga:

yes you’re right:)

Lolol don’t worry, I saw the movie already a feel month’s back so I had a bit of a different frame of reference ;) 

Maleficent
3 hours ago, Chamaquito said:

Tully looks interesting. Is it out yet?

Ya its been out for about a month! It's gotten very good reviews and did pretty well in the box office (I think it had a limited release--it obvs wasn't made to be a major blockbuster)

Mermaid Tail

After the backlash with sam smith winning i think they know they need to make gaga win this time around

Wixson
10 hours ago, Alan123 said:

Well "Get Out" got a lot of recognition last and this year it got nominated for Best Picture, Best Lead Actor (Daniel Kaluuya) and won for Best Original Screenplay. This was actually one of the things that made me happy because a horror movie getting to be there is something huge.

Sure, but you can't deny the fact Get Out was a hybrid of genres and its Oscars reception had a lot to do with the current political climate in the US. I'm not trying to knock down its success, but it is what it is. 

And as I've already said, I'd love to see Toni Collette get nominated again, especially for a horror film, but as of right now, I don't believe she's going to pull through. We'll see how other critics' groups react to the film in a few months! :unicorn:

Bradley
13 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

The only nominations I predict are Best Director or Actor for Bradley and Best Song :neyde:

This comment depresses me.

I stan Bradley but I want Gaga to get equal recognition for her acting as well.

13 hours ago, Snow said:

This is getting ridicilous, c'mon. Time for a reality chech and lowering the delusional expectations. If the movie is well recieved and does good then great and has potential on the music categories, even better. But best actress...? Why over hype oneselves and then get totally disappointed for no reason? 

The previous remakes have all been nominated for Oscars before, it's natural that people expect the same for Gaga and Bradley. This movie is designed to win awards from its onset, the whole setting, the cast, the nature of the film, the content, are all targeted for awards. If everyone else apart from Gaga (Bradley being nominated for Actor and Director and Picture) (the music being nominated for Best Original Song, etc.) gets nominated in some way, it could look really bad for Gaga. It kind of says how 'you have all the circumstances in your favour, you're placed in the right movie, for the right role, but your performance just isn't good enough to get nominated.' It kinda shows how limited Gaga's acting is, which is why she has to get nominated, especially when her co-stars and producers are contenders already.

Also people expect her to be nominated because predictions have said that she's a strong contender. Like the media is already campaigning for her before she evens campaigns herself.

Bradley
3 hours ago, Mermaid Tail said:

After the backlash with sam smith winning i think they know they need to make gaga win this time around

It doesn't work that way. Each year voters vote considering all the nominees in the category, not based on previous decisions.

Bradley

Anyway, the competition is really stiff, but I'm still being optimistic. I hope Gaga gets a nomination at the very least.

HosedDownGypsy

well in the last couple of years we have seen that they put an actor who is technicaly a leading role in the category of supporting actor just because they then have bigger chances of winning.(last year is a good example). do you think is it possible that they throw gaga in the supporting actress category just so she gets bigger chances of being nominated/win:huh:
after all bradley is the main character imo.

RAIN ON ME

Archived