Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s Oscars Competition

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
10 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

No I mean the Freddie Mercury Queen movie. Could they get an award for a cover?

That’s a very good question. I think it’s possible or at least allowed. But I don’t think the chances are high for a cover...so I would awnser with no

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nerdfacekillah
5 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Essentially Jackson is the main character and everything is told from his perspective. Gaga gets equal time as him but we’re watching the story from his POV because he’s the one who finds her and watches her star get born, and all that.

i forgot this fact(sometimes i feel so thick:messga:

yes you’re right:)

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Wixson
36 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Where did you see that Bernadette was delayed? I just researched and saw nothing about this.

also, horror nominations happen. Toni colletes last nomination was for “the sixth sense,” in fact. 

They do happen, but you know how rare they are and Hereditary doesn't really look like the type of a film Academy would notice. Don't get me wrong, though, I do hope she gets in, but I don't think she will. :duck:

Edit: But yes, omg - imagine if both of her Oscar nominations were for horror films. :giveup: Would be quite an achievement. 

Chamaquito
8 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Rooting for Charlize Theron tbh...

Tully looks interesting. Is it out yet?

I’m actually nice.

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Wixson said:

Toni Collette is not getting in for a horror movie, Cate Blanchett's Where'd You Go, Bernadette?  has been rescheduled to March 2019 and if Charlize didn't get in for Young Adult she's not getting in for Tully (same director, writer, similar critical reception and weaker box office performance.)

But, let's wait til the film starts showing at fall festivals/hits the theaters - if the reception's good, box office decent and campaigning strong, she could definitely get a nomination, which would be a win in its own right. 

Well "Get Out" got a lot of recognition last and this year it got nominated for Best Picture, Best Lead Actor (Daniel Kaluuya) and won for Best Original Screenplay. This was actually one of the things that made me happy because a horror movie getting to be there is something huge.

Chamaquito
1 minute ago, Alan123 said:

Well "Get Out" got a lot of recognition last and this year it got nominated for Best Picture, Best Lead Actor and won for Best Original Screenplay. This was actually one of the things that made me happy because a horror movie getting to be there is something huge.

And I checked a few articles and they all seem to agree that she’s the fruntrunner.

I’m actually nice.

imnotyourbabe10

To anyone wondering about non-typical actors like Gaga getting a nomination, the lovely Jennifer Hudson swept everything the year she was in Dreamgirls.  Granted that is a way different role.  Just saying it's not impossible.

Gotta admit, though, I can't wait to see Toni Collette/Hereditary!

Not that we all need another "Daily" site :lolga:  but I always follow this webpage around awards season: http://www.awardsdaily.com/

Mr S

I'm not expecting a nomination, and a win is definitely not happening. However, I don't think it's far fetched or delusional to see her nominated. There have been others, not just stans, including her as a contender for a nomination. If the movie is as good as they say, if it gets into Best picture and other categories, and if LG is good enough, it could happen.

Still it's a competitive year. But it could happen.

I would be thrilled if she got the nod.

Mr S
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

No I mean the Freddie Mercury Queen movie. Could they get an award for a cover?

They cannot. If there is no original songs, then they are out.

Miel
1 hour ago, Alan123 said:

Well "Get Out" got a lot of recognition last and this year it got nominated for Best Picture, Best Lead Actor (Daniel Kaluuya) and won for Best Original Screenplay. This was actually one of the things that made me happy because a horror movie getting to be there is something huge.

1 hour ago, Chamaquito said:

And I checked a few articles and they all seem to agree that she’s the fruntrunner.

Hearing all the rave reviews for Hereditary excites me for all of its award potential. It looks incredible.

Honestly, I'm here for a night of Gaga, horror, and WOC wins.

3 points in and ready for more

Judas Society
4 hours ago, androiduser said:

to be honest, judging from the trailer, her acting skills are really not featured in the trailer, and there can't be a realistic conclusion reached from those short scenes.

And the articles are probably just paid promo, it's literally too exaggerated

Remember how radio DJs were raving about Perfect Illusion? Yea, we know how what happened.

Quartz

I can already read the meltdowns:

GAGA NOT NOMINATED FOR OSCARS!!!11!!!!1 WHY IS SHE FLOPPINGGD

Oscars Cancelled: An Analysis as to why Gaga was Snubbed

Why does gaga hate going to brazil so bad?

Gaga Betrayals that Hurt the Most: ASIB, Oscars, EGOT

I Mean, She WAS Horrible in the Acting Department...

:gum:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Judas Society
10 minutes ago, dvrwis said:

does reboot film can be oscar nominated?

Yes, both the Judy Garland/James Mason and Barbra Streisand/Kris Kristofferson ones did in multiple categories. But Barbra didn't get a Best Actress nom.

Archived