💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bob The drag Queen weighs in on Azealia Banks with receipts

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Supersonic
2 hours ago, geopang said:

What was that rant about in the beginning. She never claimed or disregarded any historical facts about house music originating in the black/queer community. She is simply bringing up how Rupaul stole the baseline, sounds, rhythm, and certain lyrics from her song without compensation.

The point was that rapping over House beats is something Azealia has absolutely not invented, it's something that has been popular in black queer culture for at leas three centuries. She claims that Call Me Mother ripped The Big Beat off, but disregards that The Big Beat itself borrows heavily from black queer ballroom culture of the 80s and 90s and it's kinda ridiculous to accuse RuPaul (somebody who has actually lived that culture, walked the walk of it before Azealia was even freaking born) of ripping her off. There are COUNTLESS of tracks like The Big Beat/Call Me Mother, her saying RuPaul "ripped her off" is her claiming trying to claim ownership over more than just samples etc. If she'd actually win a lawsuit over this, her entire past body of work would be in BIG trouble lol

And let's be real, the only real similarity is the house beat (that's not sampled, RuPaul's beat is generic but an original at least), and introductory line and "tiddies" being mentioned in the first verse, the tracks are completely different otherwise.  Honestly not even the flow is the same in the first verse, The Big Beat has Azealia's rapid-fire "can't be bothered" delivery, while "Call Me Mother" is a lot more assertive in vocal tone, more straight-forward than Azealia's playful flow.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hexxx

Lol it's funny how Azealia "steals" from gay culture when gay culture has been stealing from Azealia the past few years. I can't believe the misogyny that's going on. Azealia has every right to be angry.  

House music is NOT GAY CULTURE! 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Borislshere
2 minutes ago, Hexxx said:

Lol it's funny how Azealia "steals" from gay culture when gay culture has been stealing from Azealia the past few years. I can't believe the misogyny that's going on. Azealia has every right to be angry.  

House music is NOT GAY CULTURE! 

Lmao what exactly have the gays "stole" from her??

Hexxx
9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The point was that rapping over House beats is something Azealia has absolutely not invented, it's something that has been popular in black queer culture for at leas three centuries. She claims that Call Me Mother ripped The Big Beat off, but disregards that The Big Beat itself borrows heavily from black queer ballroom culture of the 80s and 90s and it's kinda ridiculous to accuse RuPaul (somebody who has actually lived that culture, walked the walk of it before Azealia was even freaking born) of ripping her off. There are COUNTLESS of tracks like The Big Beat/Call Me Mother, her saying RuPaul "ripped her off" is her claiming trying to claim ownership over more than just samples etc. If she'd actually win a lawsuit over this, her entire past body of work would be in BIG trouble lol

And let's be real, the only real similarity is the house beat (that's not sampled, RuPaul's beat is generic but an original at least), and introductory line and "tiddies" being mentioned in the first verse, the tracks are completely different otherwise.  Honestly not even the flow is the same in the first verse, The Big Beat has Azealia's rapid-fire "can't be bothered" delivery, while "Call Me Mother" is a lot more assertive in vocal tone, more straight-forward than Azealia's playful flow.

This is just biased. She never claimed she invented house music. CMM has lyrics that Azealia came up with. "Fine French Feminine" definitely comes TBBB and the opening lyrics are literally the same.  

Hexxx
7 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Lmao what exactly have the gays "stole" from her??

Lyrics and bits of her artistry. 

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Hexxx said:

I don't see that but okay

OliverViennese
2 hours ago, Hexxx said:

Receipts?

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

ItsTommyBitch

Honestly, iconic.

If you think this is as simple as "TBBB's base, flow, etc. is copied in CMM" (its not identical, no matter how much you swear it is :rip: ) you're missing the bigger picture tbh.

I mean yes, practically, Azealia is an artist and she wants coins as she is owed, but as a musician, I don't personally think similarities are indicative of outright plagiarism, and lawsuits for royalties, songwriting credits etc. can get very subjective and petty, and their outcomes usually just hurt everyone involved e.g. Marvin Gaye vs Pharrell.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

weed
3 hours ago, Hexxx said:

This is just biased. She never claimed she invented house music. CMM has lyrics that Azealia came up with. "Fine French Feminine" definitely comes TBBB and the opening lyrics are literally the same.  

Opening lyrics tru but TBBB doesn’t have the words fine, fresh, or feminine in it.

Opulence
9 hours ago, Hybrid Rose said:

okay but does he know that her and nicki are friends again? 

Friends hahaha

Nicki said she accepts Azealias apology and likes Anna Wintor, about 5 seconds of radio airtime lmao they are not friends 

Archived