ryanripley

people are picking out the start of the video but ignoring the........ receipts

........................ strange

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

I think this whole conversation is getting besides the point, it's not so much about the plagiarism thing anymore but more about the hate Azealia is instigating by her runny mouth. I do think it's good to have an opinion, but her's is as bipolar as they come. She says she's bisexual, she says she makes music for the gays, her craft is interlaced with lgbt culture and ballroom culture, but on the other hand she's very outspoken about white gay(s) (stans) to the extend of homophobia, but also black men and women to the extend of racism and self hatred. Putting Azealia into perspective, she's bipolar, everything that comes out of her mouth is either a doubled edged sword or something that is in contradiction to her as a person. She usually starts a discussion with some opinions that are very deservedly critical about society or the music industry, but also cuts herself with it because she can't seem to choose her words more carefully or loses her temper which is getting her nowhere obviously.

About the actual issue:

As far as what I have seen and read about this situation Azealia isn't claiming vogue house music to be her own. It more that her flow in the track Big Big Beat specifically has been nicked by RuPaul, and honestly that is something that can get you in legal trouble, look at the Marvin Gaye vs Pharrell Williams & Robin Thicke lawsuit, Pharrell nicked a sound pallette for the song Blurred Lines from a Marvin Gay song (so not specifically a melody, but the instrumental setting, example: Janelle Monaé's song Letting Go instrumental setting is identical to Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough). The Marvin Gaye estate/family won the lawsuit...so artists these days HAVE to be more careful to claim a sound without crediting. Hiphop is a bit trickier since most beats use samples from other songs, but in the case of rapping on top of beats, it's usually what makes the song original. In the case of RuPaul's song having an identical rapping pattern to the one on the Big Big Beat...it's very apparent he stole that one. 

In no way do I condone what Azealia's foul mouth spouts, and she herself states that no one should give her shitty opinion value and let her music speak for itself (that is hard because the listener always seeks a point of reference in the artists for relatibility), but I have to say RuPaul pretty much nicked it even though it's still on Spotify.

Bratney
49 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Idk if she's ever acted like house music was hers and i do find similarities in the two songs. The main issue with her argument there was attacking rupaul who didn't make the song. Ru got the song sent to him and recorded it. I highly doubt he sat around listening to azealia thinking of ways to rip her off.  If anyone, she should be going against the producers and writers, not telling rupaul to drop dead and mocking drag queens in the process. 

She only mocked RPDR queens not the whole community lul  

₊˚ ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨୧ · · ♡ · · ୨୧‿︵‿︵‿︵ ˚₊

sethrb101

I'm honestly just glad there's someone else out there who doesn't seem to worship her. I was beginning to feel crazy.

#Gaga2020

Borislshere
Just now, GossipBoi said:

She only mocked RPDR queens not the whole community lul  

And that makes it better how??

Bratney
6 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

And that makes it better how??

didn't know it was a problem :triggered:

₊˚ ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨୧ · · ♡ · · ୨୧‿︵‿︵‿︵ ˚₊

Bio

I'm on Bob's side but making a rap was a bad idea lol. She can destroy him with 2 bars.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, Noah said:

They aren't friends and were never. Nicki doesn't follow Azealia. Azealia attacked Nicki, Nicki didn't care. Azealia apologized later, Nicki acknowledged it but nothing more. 

and now she's trying to collab with Nicki.... she did the same thing to Gaga, Azealia dragged Gaga, then apologized, then Azealia dragged Gaga again and then she apologized again, she tried to contact DJWS cause she wanted to collab with her.. months later she dragged her again but she didnt apologised this time and like 2 hours later after AB dragged Gaga, she received an email from a Guy named Bobby, Azealia thought that it was Gaga's manager lmao but it was just a gay pretending to be Bobby. the email said that Gaga wanted to release Ratchet as a single and AB started to fangirl on Twitter. this proves how fake she is. She can drag any artist and 2 seconds later she's begging them for a collab 

latina twilight
5 hours ago, Derpplause said:

I think this whole conversation is getting besides the point, it's not so much about the plagiarism thing anymore but more about the hate Azealia is instigating by her runny mouth. I do think it's good to have an opinion, but her's is as bipolar as they come. She says she's bisexual, she says she makes music for the gays, her craft is interlaced with lgbt culture and ballroom culture, but on the other hand she's very outspoken about white gay (stans) to the extend of homophobia, but also black men and women to the extend of racism and self hatred. Putting Azealia into perspective, she's bipolar, everything that comes out of her mouth is either doubled edged sword or something that is contradiction to her as a person. She usually starts a discussion with some opinions that are very deservedly critical about society or the music industry, but also cuts herself with it because she can't seem to choose her words more carefully or loses her temper which is getting her nowhere obviously.

About the actual issue:

As far as what I have seen and read about this situation Azealia isn't claiming vogue house music to be her own. It more that her flow in the track Big Big Beat specifically has been nicked by RuPaul, and honestly that is something that can get you in legal trouble, look at the Marvin Gaye vs Pharrell Williams & Robin Thicke lawsuit, Pharrell nicked a sound pallette for the song Blurred Lines from a Marvin Gay song (so not specifically a melody, but the instrumental setting, example: Janelle Monaé's song Letting Go instrumental setting is identical to Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Till You Get Enough). The Marvin Gaye estate/family won the lawsuit...so artists these days HAVE to be more careful to claim a sound without crediting. Hiphop is a bit trickier since most beats use samples from other songs, but in the case of rapping on top of beats, it's usually what makes the song original. In the case of RuPaul's song having an identical rapping pattern to the one on the Big Big Beat...it's very apparent he stole that one. 

In no way I do condone what Azealia's foul mouth spouts, and she herself states that no one should give her shitty opinion value and let her music speak for itself (that is hard because the listener always seeks a point of reference in the artists for relatibility), but I have to say RuPaul pretty much nicked it even though it's still on Spotify.

In all honesty, I don't give a damn about the song, I'm not even fan of Ru's music, and I think AB's right in that particular case.

With that said, what bothers me is the situation that is happening right before our eyes. It makes me sick to see that she's getting away with it now that her homophobia has gone too far.

It was painful to see the amount of backlash she received on this site because she's talented and deserved a career. But now that she comes directly to this community, I see so many people on her side and it's disgusting.

She f*cked up this time, at least for me.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

RainingOnMe
1 hour ago, monsterdino said:

when did she claim that culture as her own?

Are you not tired of trying to defend her vile actions and horrible personality?

weed
53 minutes ago, Bio said:

I'm on Bob's side but making a rap was a bad idea lol. She can destroy him with 2 bars.

Lol I mean she'll probably just call him ugly, musty, hairy man in a dress, jealous of her, etc. so he prob don't care

Andrea B
29 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Lol I mean she'll probably just call him ugly, musty, hairy man in a dress, jealous of her, etc. so he prob don't care

this

Archived