Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

A Star Is Born Trailer

Dawson

Featured Posts

Bio
19 minutes ago, Whispering said:

No, they were referring to people here, not to Gaga. You are the one who ignored all the experience Gaga has had after that. 

Yes, we do, and yours was predictable. 

"People in here talking about Gaga's "weak" acting in American Horror Story...lmao."

You're clearly bothered by an opinion different than yours. Maybe you didn't like the trailer that much? Freud can help you with that.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noel Sanchez

I just have a question for the people here who are criticizing her acting.  Any of you professional actors, producers, casting directors, directors?  

I didn’t think so 

Its a 2 min trailer and she literally has a couple lines in said trailer and you can tell she’s not that great?  Riiiiiight and yet y’all still stan her tho y’all haven’t been happy since before Joanne some before ARTPOP some before BTW like literally “fans”/ “Stan’s” like y’all are the reason she wrote perfect illusion.  🙄

Whispering
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

"People in here talking about Gaga's "weak" acting in American Horror Story...lmao."

You're clearly bothered by an opinion different than yours. Maybe you didn't like the trailer that much? Freud can help you with that.

She had been admitted to Tisch and worked with professional directors/producers/acting coaches by the time she was working on AHS. That's way more experience than a bunch of amateurs and critics here at GGD.

Nope, not bothered...just knew what your opinion would be before you posted it. 

Bio
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

She had been admitted to Tisch and worked with professional directors/producers/acting coaches by the time she was working on AHS. That's way more experience than a bunch of amateurs and critics here at GGD.

Nope, not bothered...just knew what your opinion would be before you posted it. 

Glad to know you take some time off your day to think of me :diane:

SpaceAce

I'm by no means an expert. I've just been a film fan since I was in the single digits - watched the oscars every year and kept up with every movie nominated. I like to think I know what good acting looks like. 

From a brief trailer, I don't know how anybody can say she's going to get a BA nomination and I don't know how anyone can say she looks bad (especially fans, wtf?). 

In some seconds she seems a little shaky and in most others she's totally charismatic. Gaga always has the the looks and charisma to at least get people on board with what she's doing.  And I think its a really good sign that the most talented people in the industry (Spielberg, Penn, etc) think its a great movie. It would be hard to accomplish this with a mediocre performance from one of the lead actors. 

My prediction: it's a  good performance! You all need to get over your 2012-2014 ptsd and realize that she's going to have a good and long career with or without being trendy in pop culture.

MelbHawker

It looks so fabulous - I'm so impressed! Her acting's great - I think her core fans struggle to see her play other people because they know her so well as Gaga, and watching her as someone else is kind of an awkward experience because Gaga is who she is.

To an non-stan, her character in this film will be/is wholesome and well rounded - the trailer gives us a sense of who she is. 

Can't wait to see it. 

Pierre

-Her acting sucks.

-Where?

-DID YOU SEE HER RAISING HER EYEBROWS WHEN HE TOLD HER SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL?

This fan/haters are gold. :spin:

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

tomsches

Tbh, I looked through about 25 pages of this thread and I didn't find one negative/hateful comment about her acting. The only comments I found were people complaining about people who supposedly complained.

On GGD we'll always find something to talk about I guess :laughga:

bpmMonkey

Just realized it says „Official Trailer 1“ so there’s gonna be a second and we might get another 15 seconds of heaven!! 

FRANK1991

when she starts singing my eyes start to water

every time I watch it

it's like a documentary omg I'm gonna be so into it in the cinema

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Pierre

Spoiler from a person that probably saw it.

Spoiler

Honestly the final song used in the trailer is probably the most memorable and IMO emotional song used in the film. Its a really nice intimate scene with Bradley and Gaga in the parking lot after meeting at the bar and she sings it accapella for him. Probably one of my fave moments in the film. Their chemistry is really palpable. Such an intimate performance from Cooper

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

AyaKara

Does anyone else wish that Gaga also had an accent?? Bradley's sounds gorgeous and I think she could have pulled it off for Ally :oops:

Archived