Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

A Star Is Born Trailer

Dawson

Featured Posts

BornSimon
17 minutes ago, lennon said:

I had absolutely no expectation.

You guys are not objective. It looks so bad, cheap & cheesy . I cringed the whole time...I can't be the only one? 

She's going to get destroyed by critics I can feel it. 

I'm not happy to say that by the way. Oh well.... We'll see...

Nope. I mean I don't care if you don't like it but just speak for yourself because the critics so far have been EATING THIS **** UP LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKANK
13 minutes ago, lennon said:

You guys are not objective. It looks so bad, cheap & cheesy . I cringed the whole time...I can't be the only one? 

I had the opposite reaction. I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The cinematography seems solid, the acting seems solid, and the music sounds solid.

There is no doubt that this film with either have camp or critical value, but whichever way it leans, she has joined the ranks of Garland and Streisand. So, be happy.

I really didn't care much of this but i thought her acting from the trailer looks good

Katie14
28 minutes ago, Bio said:

I feel really bad ‘cause I really wanted to like it but... Her acting seems... Suspicious. It looks like she’s doing too much, her reactions look too big and theatrical, which doesn’t work on screen. Story seems a little basic and melodramatic too. She looks really good and her voice is bombastic tho, so I hope the movie changes my mind.

Yea i kibd of agree. Like when she raised her eyebrows when he called her beautiful. I feel like nobody raised their eye brows in real life unless they are scared. Her facial expression in the next scene when Bradley said he just wanted to see her again looked like an overreaction as well. And the movie does seem cheesy and cliche. I'm still really excites for it and I think I am going to enjoy the movie a lot. 

metalguru

guys...

i am excited for gaga and all the fans. but where is the oscar material? the story is so predictable, done multiple times.

and gaga's acting doesn't look really promising. she looks little bit too theatrical. maybe it is her "innocent-girl" acting, before fame arrives, and she would present a different persona after the first half of the movie. yet, i can't find any surprises in her acting, nor in the story. 

i think gaga could be a great actor but it is really about the script and her state of being. i mean, during the btw days, her acting was spectacular. her own ecstasy was reflecting on her. in a limited story like a star is born, i can't see her going forward.

everything looks really typical. 

i love the song at the end though. hope it is less screamy.

Whispering
35 minutes ago, Bio said:

I feel really bad ‘cause I really wanted to like it but... Her acting seems... Suspicious. It looks like she’s doing too much, her reactions look too big and theatrical, which doesn’t work on screen. Story seems a little basic and melodramatic too. She looks really good and her voice is bombastic tho, so I hope the movie changes my mind.

Predictable.

S0436

I have to laugh at a few people saying the story is contrived and predictable.  Erm, you know it is a remake right?!

metalguru
8 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Yea i kibd of agree. Like when she raised her eyebrows when he called her beautiful. I feel like nobody raised their eye brows in real life unless they are scared. Her facial expression in the next scene when Bradley said he just wanted to see her again looked like an overreaction as well. And the movie does seem cheesy and cliche. I'm still really excites for it and I think I am going to enjoy the movie a lot. 

horrible scene. really cheese. maybe she is trying to be innocent american girl but still it is just not pleasant to watch and almost laughable. 

Pierre

Why am I surprised some negative comments about the trailer posted here are coming from those.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, metalguru said:

horrible scene. really cheese. maybe she is trying to be innocent american girl but still it is just not pleasant to watch and almost laughable. 

okay chill, wait until you see the full movie before dragging it

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

sipthistea
35 minutes ago, lennon said:

Go rain over someone else's parade. Did you see the overall reaction? Most of us love it because it actually LOOKS GOOD, it's well made. It does not look cheesy and cheap, and that's an objective comment. 

We may be fans of her, but we can be honest as well. You can just see what happened when she released the MR video. Almost everyone disliked it, and still do, and most don't shy away their opinion about it to this day.

So don't say we're not objective because the trailer looks so damn good. Go throw your negativity somewhere else. 

metalguru
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

okay chill, wait until you see the full movie before dragging it

i am talking about the scene. and i explained my context; maybe she is playing the dumb before "fame" arrives. but throughout the trailer, her acting is really meh. 

Archived