Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - Pre-order 'A Star Is Born' soundtrack!

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM
6 minutes ago, alp0707 said:

Maybe that member on ATRL saying they shot an ad is right.

HitTheBoat
6 minutes ago, alp0707 said:

Bradley is looking like a SNACC

ProdigyARTPOP

I will continue to say this, 

She’s releasing a new album this year or by January, because of the residency.

She has to have new music out to promote the residency.

Arizona Sky
1 hour ago, Doncho said:

Mark Nilan Jr alredy confirmed new music for THIS year. So :vegas:

Clearly he's referring to ASIB.

5 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

I will continue to say this, 

She’s releasing a new album this year or by January, because of the residency.

She has to have new music out to promote the residency.

She'll have plenty of new music from ASIB.

ProdigyARTPOP
1 minute ago, BloodyMonster said:

Yes, she’ll have music from ASIB, but she’s also got contractual obligations and deadlines with Interscope that have to be met. You can’t promote a 2 year residency with a soundtrack.

Doncho
6 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Yes, she’ll have music from ASIB, but she’s also got contractual obligations and deadlines with Interscope that have to be met. You can’t promote a 2 year residency with a soundtrack.

Well not all artists release music for a residency. But yeah I agree I think its coming this year! At least a single. Lets hope it does great

Arturo
6 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

It cannot possibly be ASIB they're working on. Mindtrappa confirmed like a month ago that Mark and Gaga were putting the final touches on the soundtrack in terms of mixing. That is literally the last step as shown in FF2 when Gaga is with Mark and they're still tweaking Joanne songs and by the end of that night turn it in to Interscope. The movie was supposed to be out in May I don't see how they would still be in the recording process when they were in the mixing process in June. Mark Nilan is clearly teasing it being apart from ASIB too. He did work on the Cure not just the soundtrack. 

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Well not all artists release music for a residency. But yeah I agree I think its coming this year! At least a single. Lets hope it does great

but all the artists who have residencys have more than 5 albums worth of music :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

FarixGaga

I still think it makes no sense to release LG6 in 2018 and make it collide with ASIB's Oscars chances but okay.

JC

Arturo
2 minutes ago, FarixGaga said:

I still think it makes no sense to release LG6 in 2018 and make it collide with ASIB's Oscars chances but okay.

how would a studio album that isn't going for Oscar's collide with a soundtrack?

FarixGaga
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

how would a studio album that isn't going for Oscar's collide with a soundtrack?

I quote myself:

On 7/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, FarixGaga said:

My point of view is that I don't want LG6 out this year cause it would lower her chances to be taken seriously as an actress, so no Oscar credibility.

The main problem (besides her actual acting which is the thing obviously) is that the Academy might feel like she is just a singer who is trying to get recognition without fulling committing to acting. And you can bet your *ss that releasing music right after the soundtrack (Nov-Dec) will make experts and even the GP move in that direction. The movie would be overshadowed and RIP to Oscars buzz etc.

If she wants to slay this awards season and build her actress status on a Oscar level, besides how good her acting is going to turn out, she has to be on full actress mode promoting the movie and deliver a killer soundtrack, which imo is already secured. Releasing a pop-edm album this fall would be tragic for her acting (not that the album itself wouldn't be doing good, following the hype of the film).

JC

• Admin changed the title to Charts Discussion
  • Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic
  • Admin unpinned and locked this topic

Archived