Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Houston's Family is Hurt by Pusha T's 'Daytona' Cover

Yuuri

Featured Posts

Yuuri

pusha-t-daytona-artwork.jpg?quality=80&w

Houston‘s Grammy Award-winning producer cousin Damon Elliott has expressed his families disgust with Kanye West and Pusha T‘s decision to use a picture of Houston’s bathroom as the cover for the latter’s Daytona album.

“I’ve watched the train wreck happening, but I didn’t think he’d go this far in invading someone’s family privacy,” said Elliott to People, confirming Kanye, who produced the album, didn’t reach out the family estate for consent.

https://hypebeast.com/2018/5/whitney-houstons-family-is-hurt-by-pusha-ts-daytona-cover

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

confirming Kanye, who produced the album, didn’t reach out the family estate for consent.

this just made it 100x worse

idc if it's "art" and art is "supposed to evoke a reaction", if he had their consent that might be a point but the fact that he just took it... horrible

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Mirages

I don't blame them. It's distasteful and Kanye should go get help :sweat:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Antichrist
8 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

pusha-t-daytona-artwork.jpg?quality=80&w

Houston‘s Grammy Award-winning producer cousin Damon Elliott has expressed his families disgust with Kanye West and Pusha T‘s decision to use a picture of Houston’s bathroom as the cover for the latter’s Daytona album.

“I’ve watched the train wreck happening, but I didn’t think he’d go this far in invading someone’s family privacy,” said Elliott to People, confirming Kanye, who produced the album, didn’t reach out the family estate for consent.

https://hypebeast.com/2018/5/whitney-houstons-family-is-hurt-by-pusha-ts-daytona-cover

how exactly is this possible?

Retron
13 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

how exactly is this possible?

The rights to the image aren't owned by the Houston estate.

mister max

The fact some people will still defend this, absolutely blows my mind :madge: its extremely rude and ungratefull to Whitney and her family

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Saint Hollywood
42 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Why am I not surprised

78E8AA26-E2AD-41DD-A2F6-DE15F0023566.thu

ALGAYDO

Watch people still defend it because it’s “art” as if that was a real excuse lol 

if all art boils down to for you is something “to cause a reaction,” then by that logic, even Trump is an artist, and a damn great one at that. 

highlikegaga
4 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

He should use this as the cover instead.

MSF197611-900x600.jpg?itok=EIEOyMGO

what is that picture? i'm not familiar with it.

Mr S
3 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

what is that picture? i'm not familiar with it.

His mom died during surgery

nodandsmile

I was wondering how they felt about it and I am not suprised ... it's very insensitive !

Archived