💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RATE: Lotus - Christina Aguilera

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

clip-art-water-lily-376594.jpg Welcome to the Lotus megarate submission thread. clip-art-water-lily-376594.jpg

tumblr_noy7reIxBJ1rk962xo1_500.gif

This underrated body of work was released on November 9th, 2012 and incorporates pop styles with elements of dance-pop, rock in the form of up-tempo songs and piano-driven ballads. It opens with the track "Lotus Intro", which was inspired by Aguilera's passion for "chill-out" electronica. The song has a "hypnotic" yet "dark, serious" tone that develops and matures as it progresses, depicting Aguilera's rebirth, similar to the life cycle of a lotus flower. The up-tempo track "Red Hot Kinda Love" combines a variety of genres, including dance and disco, "subtle" tones of Latin, hip hop, and pop. The first single from Lotus "Your Body", incorporates electropop and R&B genres and has a trace of dubstep in the middle eight. "Blank Page" is a piano-driven ballad about apologies, regrets, closure, and making peace. "Cease Fire" is a rock-tinged track that features electronic and dubstep infusion. The second single from Lotus is a duet with Blake Shelton. The song is a country pop ballad about the pain of a break-up.

clip-art-water-lily-376594.jpg

latest?cb=20130921021629

RULES:

1. Rate each song between 1 and 10. You're allowed one score of an 11 for your favorite track. Scores of 0 aren't permitted, nor are multiple scores of 1s or 2s (limited to two of each).

2. Comments are welcome, but not mandatory! 

3. Please refrain from trolling!

4. PM me your rates: @EvilRegal

5. Submissions will end on Sunday 10th of June @ 6 AM EST [12PM CET].
Ceremony is on Sunday 10th of June @ 4PM EST [10PM CET].

6. HAVE FUN.

giphy.gif

Tracklisting:

1. Lotus Intro
2. Army of Me
3. Red Hot Kinda Love
4. Make the World Move (feat. Cee Lo Green)
5. Your Body
6. Let There Be Love
7. Sing For Me
8. Blank Page
9. Cease Fire
10. Around the World
11. Circles
12. Best of Me
13. Just a Fool (feat. Blake Shelton)
14. Light Up the Sky
15. Empty Words
16. Shut Up

VPaU.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

I never thought I would see the day!!! 

Let me sit and cherish this relishing moment. 

*sigh*

Now, let me prepare myself to rate the near flawless album that I eternally and unapologetically claim to be THE MOST UNDERRATED POP ALBUM OF THE LAST 20 YEARS. 

Oh yea.  Its on. :tony: :pray: :tony: :pray: :tony: :pray:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

@that juju Baaaaaaaaaaabe...come do this!!!

Gotta add....the biggest mistake in this album is allowing Just A Fool to be the second single. It shouldve been Make The World Move, Red Hot Kinda Love or Army Of Me. 

I've heard a fan favorite is one of the few songs on the album I actually dont like, "Let There Be Love". Let's not and say we did. Thanks. 

Phoebe Buffay
18 minutes ago, That J said:

@that juju Baaaaaaaaaaabe...come do this!!!

Gotta add....the biggest mistake in this album is allowing Just A Fool to be the second single. It shouldve been Make The World Move, Red Hot Kinda Love or Army Of Me. 

I've heard a fan favorite is one of the few songs on the album I actually dont like, "Let There Be Love". Let's not and say we did. Thanks. 

Um, what? default_umomg.pngjj4.png That's the best dance track on the album. :neyde:

That J
17 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

Um, what? default_umomg.pngjj4.png That's the best dance track on the album. :neyde:

Eh. 

My rates are SENT!!   :tony:

Gagaism

Yass, we got it.

This album marked a great time in my life so I'm so happy this is happening. Gonna send my rates as soon as possible. :diane:

kaelergrey

Just listened to this album now. WOW! What a body of work. I personally love Bionic and Stripped. But this album is also a bop. 

I wonder why it flopped/is forgotten? 

I know bionic flopped because of all the issues sorrounding it and aguilera giving up on it but dang this album is awesome! 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Phoebe Buffay
19 hours ago, Carlo Rodriguez said:

Just listened to this album now. WOW! What a body of work. I personally love Bionic and Stripped. But this album is also a bop. 

I wonder why it flopped/is forgotten? 

I know bionic flopped because of all the issues sorrounding it and aguilera giving up on it but dang that album especially "elastic love" is awesome! 

Bad promo. Just two singles that weren't promoted at all. Just a few performances.

I expect to receive your rates anyday till June 10th. :hor:

Phoebe Buffay
18 minutes ago, bionic said:

Lotus?

giphy.gif

Gurl, she's your bff. You two are at the bottom of miss Xtina's album sales, so I think you know ha very well. :emma:

bionic
Just now, EvilRegal said:

Gurl, she's your bff. You two are at the bottom of miss Xtina's album sales, so I think you know ha very well. :emma:

Lotus about to be replaced by Liberation. Bookmark me!

buy bionic

IAmNotHere1997
4 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

7 submissions in less than a day. Wig! :unicorn:

girl did you received mine?

Archived