💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has the ability to revive American Horror Story

Bradley

Featured Posts

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

After the twist though, I was terrified most episodes.

For the first time ever since starting that show, I genuinely was scared while watching.

Yeah the vibes were brilliant.

But I'm still pissed Kathy Bates is not the real Butcher to be honest lol 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

Kathy Bates had her best role to me as the Butcher

YEEESSS this !!! She scared the **** out of me in that season and expected that she'd get an EMMY nom for it since she got one for Iris in Hotel. But unfortunately, it seems like they don't care about the show anymore!

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

YEEESSS this !!! She scared the **** out of me in that season and expected that she'd get an EMMY nom for it since she got one for Iris in Hotel. But unfortunately, it seems like they don't care about the show anymore!

Nah they definitely care, it's all a question of what was given in other shows, and Ryan Murphy has a huge number of it with a lot of amazing performances.

Roanoke and Cult deserved some nominations to be honest. Cult was disturbing in how much it was grounded in reality. Evan Peters slayed as Kai Anderson

nodandsmile
41 minutes ago, freebit said:

Sarah especially deserves movie roles & new shows at this point

Yes ! Especially after her brilliant performance in ACS and dominating the awards season that year ... She even said that she's tired of screaming :ladyhaha:

nodandsmile
4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Nah they definitely care, it's all a question of what was given in other shows, and Ryan Murphy has a huge number of it with a lot of amazing performances.

Roanoke and Cult deserved some nominations to be honest. Cult was disturbing in how much it was grounded in reality. Evan Peters slayed as Kai Anderson

Yeah that's true, there are many great new shows every year. Especially that year, the competition was tough with Big Little Lies, FEUD etc. plus AHS is old !

Evan slayed every single character but he is always snubbed even when the show was getting a lot of acting noms but I think Sarah has more chances!

freebit
1 hour ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Yes ! Especially after her brilliant performance in ACS and dominating the awards season that year ... She even said that she's tired of screaming :ladyhaha:

Yeah, after seeing her do press with Oceans 8 & with her Emmy win, I can't help but feel that she's outgrown AHS a bit. Her scream queen roles on here feel very same-ish now. She needs to be on Cate Blanchett's level with the prestige projects. With the skill set and experience she's has I feel she's in her prime for such quality roles. Newer, greener actresses like Gaga, Emma, Billie etc. can get more training and cut their teeth on AHS. 

SolidSnake
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

Although Roanoke and Cult were very enjoyable to me, and had received positive critical reviews from critics, AHS has been ignored by the Globes and Emmys for the past two years, mainly because Ryan's other shows such as American Crime Story and Feud have been really huge competitors to AHS. And being an old show that is AHS, it simply fails to gain recognition from award panels, no matter how good it is. As for Hotel, Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates were both nominated for Emmys and Gaga and the series itself were nominated for Golden Globes. So to be exact, the downfall started from Roanoke.

If I remember correctly, the episodes starring Gaga usually received good critical reviews if not acclaimed by critics. Gaga didn't contribute much to Roanoke and her presence was hardly felt by the audience so Roanoke failed to get awards as well.

Gaga simply makes AHS much more interesting to watch and the critics adore her. After A Star Is Born I bet her acting has improved a lot. What I'm trying to say is that if AHS wants to make another comeback, it needs to star either Jessica Lange or Lady Gaga, and Lange seems to have lost interest in the show, so Gaga needs to help Ryan with this. This show is faltering as of now and even the talented Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters failed to bring it to the attention of the Emmys.

I believe season 9 and 10 need to star Gaga in a major role so that it may return to its former glory. Of course, it needs to be accompanied with good directing, writing and acting.

I think in some interview, both Gaga and Ryan expressed their interest to collaborate further beyond Hotel and Roanoke, so let's hope it happens soon.

Boldface #1: No its been ignored because the academy both has a bias against horror and because it isnt a particularly well written show. Compare it to The Twilight Zone.

Boldface #2: They liked her acting, it doesnt mean she will bring the show emmys tho.

Boldface #3: The show needs canceled lol, good actors cant help bad writing and poor creative choices. 

nodandsmile
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

To me the second part of Roanoke messed up the all season quality... But the first 5 episodes were just amazing with great acting. Kathy Bates had her best role to me as the Butcher. Lady Gaga was scary as the original Supreme.

I think so too! Like, why did they all die when they were shooting the second season (I am talking about the show within the show) but nothing happened to the reenactors and crew members when they did the first one?

ARTGOD

I don’t think an actor can singlehandedly save a show.

And AHS is doing pretty well, Cult has been the most liked season by fans since Asylum, it’s getting the same mixed to positive reviews as always, the ratings have stayed consistent after 7 seasons, something not many shows can say, it’s in fact still the highest rated show on FX by far.

The reason why it’s not getting as much award recognition is simply because there is a lot more competition in the limited series categories (categories AHS reinvigorated by the way) and AHS is not the hot new show anymore.

monketsharona
29 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

I think so too! Like, why did they all die when they were shooting the second season (I am talking about the show within the show) but nothing happened to the reenactors and crew members when they did the first one?

Because they shot it when it wasn't the Blood Moon time :) 

Bradley
49 minutes ago, freebit said:

Yeah, after seeing her do press with Oceans 8 & with her Emmy win, I can't help but feel that she's outgrown AHS a bit. Her scream queen roles on here feel very same-ish now. She needs to be on Cate Blanchett's level with the prestige projects. With the skill set and experience she's has I feel she's in her prime for such quality roles. Newer actresses like Gaga, Emma, Billie etc. can get more training and cut their teeth on AHS. 

It's ironic that Gaga is progressing faster than Sarah as an actress. I mean Gaga is already starring alongside Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper in a movie that is getting Oscar buzz whereas Sarah is playing a supporting character in Ocean's 8. And we all know Sarah is far more experienced than Gaga in the acting industry.

I guess fame does get you somewhere after all.

nodandsmile
4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Because they shot it when it wasn't the Blood Moon time :) 

But still, when the real  Shelby and Matt were telling the story, they said the ghosts appeared before Blood Moon time to warn them so why didn't the crew notice anything during all the time they were there? 

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

But still, when the real  Shelby and Matt were telling the story, they said the ghosts appeared before Blood Moon time to warn them so why didn't the crew notice anything during all the time they were there? 

Apparently they appear during the whole moon phase (one week I think), and they kill during the full blood moon 

Bradley
51 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

Boldface #1: No its been ignored because the academy both has a bias against horror and because it isnt a particularly well written show. Compare it to The Twilight Zone.

Boldface #2: They liked her acting, it doesnt mean she will bring the show emmys tho.

Boldface #3: The show needs canceled lol, good actors cant help bad writing and poor creative choices. 

The academy has recognised AHS for five times though, seasons 1 to 5 were all nominated for Emmys in some way. AHS has always been recognised for its quality (especially the older seasons), it's just that in recent years the competition is really huge.

It doesn't mean she will not? Now that Gaga's acting has been polished through A Star Is Born, she could contribute to AHS or any of Ryan's shows in a different way.

I actually think the writing and directing are both decent, even good for me, but apparently some fans didn't enjoy it. So to each his own I guess.

Archived