💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has the ability to revive American Horror Story

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Although Roanoke and Cult were very enjoyable to me, and had received positive critical reviews from critics, AHS has been ignored by the Globes and Emmys for the past two years, mainly because Ryan's other shows such as American Crime Story and Feud have been really huge competitors to AHS. And being an old show that is AHS, it simply fails to gain recognition from award panels, no matter how good it is. As for Hotel, Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates were both nominated for Emmys and Gaga and the series itself were nominated for Golden Globes. So to be exact, the downfall started from Roanoke.

If I remember correctly, the episodes starring Gaga usually received good critical reviews if not acclaimed by critics. Gaga didn't contribute much to Roanoke and her presence was hardly felt by the audience so Roanoke failed to get awards as well.

Gaga simply makes AHS much more interesting to watch and the critics adore her. After A Star Is Born I bet her acting has improved a lot. What I'm trying to say is that if AHS wants to make another comeback, it needs to star either Jessica Lange or Lady Gaga, and Lange seems to have lost interest in the show, so Gaga needs to help Ryan with this. This show is faltering as of now and even the talented Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters failed to bring it to the attention of the Emmys.

I believe season 9 and 10 need to star Gaga in a major role so that it may return to its former glory. Of course, it needs to be accompanied with good directing, writing and acting.

I think in some interview, both Gaga and Ryan expressed their interest to collaborate further beyond Hotel and Roanoke, so let's hope it happens soon.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Of course, it needs to be accompanied with good directing, writing

And that's what's missing from American Horror Story in general tbh

ryanripley

gaga can't save it, only ryan can

the actors aren't the problem, it's the people writing and making the show

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bradley
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

gaga can't save it, only ryan can

the actors aren't the problem, it's the people writing and making the show

Of course writing and directing are extremely important as well but Gaga can make it easier for AHS to be successful with her presence in there. Her episodes are always well received by critics.

Antichrist
5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Of course writing and directing are extremely important as well but Gaga can make it easier for AHS to be successful with her presence in there. Her episodes are always well received by critics.

presence is nothing when the show is terribly written. we have paulson & peters who both DELIVERED on cult, though half of sarah's lines were 'aaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'. not sure why peters got snubbed, his role was executed to perfection.

monketsharona

Kathy Bates deserved to be recognized for her role in Roanoke.

Evan Peters was brilliant in Cult too

monketsharona
18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They need Kathy Bates back. 

She is in season 8 as one of the lead actors

VOLANTIS
17 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Btw, Jessica Lange needs to return for the last season

The next one is the last one? 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

monketsharona
Just now, VOLANTIS said:

The next one is the last one? 

No at least nine seasons

It could go on after this

MaryJaneHolland

No, not at all.

The only one who could save that show is Jessica Lange.

Contrapoints

The only thing that can save it is a coherent story line at this point. Honorary mention to Jessica Lange.

Archived