💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

sesame street creators sue 'happytime murders' producers

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

U430aaQ.jpg

2:10 PM PT -- Fred, Esq, a rep for STX -- who also happens to be a puppet -- tells us, "STX loved the idea of working closely with Brian Henson and the Jim Henson Company to tell the untold story of the active lives of Henson puppets when they’re not performing in front of children." 

Fred continues, "Happytime Murders is the happy result of that collaboration and we’re incredibly pleased with the early reaction to the film and how well the trailer has been received by its intended audience.  While we’re disappointed that Sesame Street does not share in the fun, we are confident in our legal position.  We look forward to introducing adult moviegoers to our adorably unapologetic characters this summer.” 

M6S8e63.jpg

Sesame Workshop is suing STX Productions -- the company behind Melissa McCarthy's new movie -- claiming its marketing strategy confuses fans into mistakenly believing Sesame is in cahoots with the movie while ruining its wholesome image.

In docs, obtained by TMZ, Sesame says its beef is with the marketing campaign that features the tagline "NO SESAME. ALL STREET" and a trailer with "explicit, profane, drug-using, misogynistic, violent, copulating and even ejaculating puppets."

What's more ... Sesame says STX does not own, control or have the right to use "Sesame Street." Sesame says it's tried to get STX to drop the act but to no avail.

So it's suing to get STX to drop the tagline and unspecified damages. We've reached out to STX ... so far no word back.

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/05/25/sesame-street-creators-sue-stx-productions-for-happytime-murders-movie/

Perfume

Omg, I am really exciting for this movie. A funny twist on the Muppets. 

an angel held me like a child

Dunk96

But none of the characters in the first trailer were actual copyrighted Sesame Street or Muppet characters. :triggered: So I'm not sure how this lawsuit is valid other than using the tagline "No Sesame. All Street".

Quasi
1 hour ago, Queen of Venus said:

Tove Lo better run

Mango ha barbecue sauce loving impact. :tony:

Spoiler

Literally one of my most favourite music videos of all time. :giveup:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

RAMROD
3 hours ago, Dunk96 said:

But none of the characters in the first trailer were actual copyrighted Sesame Street or Muppet characters. :triggered: So I'm not sure how this lawsuit is valid other than using the tagline "No Sesame. All Street".

It's just the likeness of it which is covered in copyright law, especially if the copyright owner feels that it could tainted their image or values by using character that look alike or similiar to what they have.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived