Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is thirsty to play Dazzler .

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

dit

I pray she plays Dazzler! It'd be great. I'd love for Gaga to do smaller budget films but having a big franchise film from time to time would be nice. 

Sepsami

they'll be so impressed by her snatching an Oscar for ASIB that they'll surely cast her, I can feel it in my gay!

PrincessGUY

I remember when Bryan Singer returned to direct new X-men movies he jokingly tweeted that Gaga was going to play Dazzler.  Seeing that Mr. Singer is a hunty , if a future X-men movie we’re to feature Dazzler, the Queen of the Gays™️ may  just cross his mind :pray:

Bradley

I feel like Dazzler and Gaga have very similar personas? I'm not very sure about I heard Dazzler sings and her superpowers are related to music. I feel like this wouldn't showcase too much of Gaga's acting and it wouldn't be worthwhile to be honest.

I think Gaga prefers drama and musicals like A Star Is Born where she gets the attention of the Oscars panel. A lot of fans prefer that too and I think it's a wise choice to go into that direction instead.

However, if she stars in a DC movie, I wouldn't complain. I like Marvel too but DC superheroes are more capable of showcasing the actors' acting abilities if you ask me. There's a reason why Heath Ledge won an Oscar from portraying The Joker.

blackthorns

Yes, but only if its x-men via deadpool, rather than straight up x-men. 

Mainly because I don't want her filtered and would prefer her to be in a successful series.

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

Guest Adarsh

She's way too good for these roles, they will not get her anywhere artistically or critically, she should be acting with Meryl Streep not in superhero movies. 

Pamelaisley

I don't even think Gaga knows about the character, she doesn't seem like a comic book person. And she's been doing eye glitter for years

I've only heard about Dazzler from threads on this site so she can't be that popular. :ohwell: 

Then again, I don't like Marvel comics that much and prefer DC, if you can tell by my name. 

the moon lights her way 🌖🦇

freebit

I feel like it would be messy thinkpiece galore if she was cast as Dazzler, especially since Dazzler was originally supposed to be a black Grace Jones-type disco star:

But unfortunately for Dazzler, who could have been a powerful image of a black woman battling for her life while also demanding recognition as a disco singer, Casablanca Records deferred to their film division. Filmworks had been enticed by Bo Derek in 10 and they wanted to work with her, so Dazzler became a white woman, modeled after Derek. According to Romita Jr.'s Modern Masters interview, he was very disappointed by the change. "Grace Jones was a very popular singer at the time, and I wanted her to be the basis of the character, because I thought that was realistic. And then, all of a sudden, it became Bo Derek ... and that's when I said, 'That's it. They've sold out for some whitebread blonde chick.' She was very hot at the time, but I thought she wasn't as realistic a choice as Grace Jones was. ... If I thought of a nightclub chick, that was Grace Jones."

Theoretically, I don't think it would necessarily torpedo a movie completely, especially since people would not care & will also go see just about anything Marvel-related...but then again, there's 2017's version of Ghost in the Shell that got #cancelled and subsequently flopped real quick, so who knows.

I personally think she should play Jean Grey in the inevitable HBO/Hulu series so that character can finally have some ~pizzaz & not be so bland. 

PerfectGUY

YES I'm sooo here for it !!  I loveee Dazzler

HOWEVER I want first the X-Men to join the MCU so Gaga can be an Avenger:sis:

+ The X-Men franchise is declining under Fox so let's wait for Disney to reboot everything in 2019 :firega:

Archived