Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye Paid $85k For Whitney’s Drug-Covered Bathroom On Pusha T Album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO

When your music itself isn’t good enough on its own so you have to resort to using a dead legend for controversy. Lmao they are so damn cheap and transparent. I guess Kanye truly is a Kardashian, huh? :ladyhaha:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper
1 hour ago, CrazyMonster said:

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? THIS IS SO DAMN DISRESPECTFUL! THIS IS NOT ART OR ANYTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR! I AM DISGUSTED!

I think it's the same since people go to museums to see mummies and dead people's artifacts. The idea of using her personal effects or pictures of it hurts more since she is an icon that we respect and recognize in our life time. 

And yet people go to churches to see dead saints' crypts, look at mummies and buy their relics or made tombs and mausoleums  into tourist destinations to capitalize from. A lot of dead people's pictures and actual personal posessions are out there in google and printed on tshirts and such. So using a picture of her bathroom doesnt strike me as much different   :sweat:. Im just stating my opinion and not out for a fight. 

That's how i see it.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

The Child
4 minutes ago, Shipper said:

I think it's the same since people go to museums to see mummies and dead people's artifacts. The idea of using her personal effects or pictures of it hurts more since she is an icon that we respect and recognize in our life time. 

And yet people go to churches to see dead saints' crypts, look at mummies and buy their relics or made tombs and mausoleums  into tourist destinations to capitalize from. So using a picture of her bathroom doesnt strike me as much different   :sweat:. Im just stating my opinion and not out for a fight. 

That's how i see it.

Yeah you actually just described why I feel hurt by this, it’s bevause my mom was a big fan of hers and I literally grew up with her, my mom fangirled over Bodyguard but it still doesn’t away the fact that this is extremely disrespectful.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

That’s so disrespectful, disgusting, disgraceful.. In a nutshell, it’s so Kanye. As usual trying hard to be “different”

Shipper
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah you actually just described why I feel hurt by this, it’s bevause my mom was a big fan of hers and I literally grew up with her, my mom fangirled over Bodyguard but it still doesn’t away the fact that this is extremely disrespectful.

Perhaps since i didnt have such fond memories with Whitney that's why i can say this without feeling much. I mean, Gaga bought a dead person's whole wardrobe and even wears it but she does this with respect and in a positive manner. 

If somebody bought a picture of Gaga when her hip broke and put it as an album cover 10 years fekrom now, i'd be outside with a torch and pitchforks. :grr:So yes, i understand your point in that case. :kara:

The photo hurts since it describes the dark side of Whitney and is no way flattering to her career. She will always be remembered in our hearts though! 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

The Child
1 minute ago, Shipper said:

Perhaps since i didnt have such fond memories with Whitney that's why i can say this without feeling much. I mean, Gaga bought a dead person's whole wardrobe and even wears it but she does this with respect and in a positive manner. 

If somebody bought a picture of Gaga when her hip broke and put it as an album cover 10 years fekrom now, i'd be outside with a torch and pitchforks. :grr:So yes, i understand your point in that case. :kara:

The photo hurts since it describes the dark side of Whitney and is no way flattering to her career. She will always be remembered in our hearts though! 

I have nothing to add since you actually described what I’m feeling towards this. Imagine if someone put a picture of Lady Diana’s car accident.

I never knew Gaga actually wore those MJ’s clothes she bought, that’s creepy.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

whore

I’ll be honest, I think it’s a very thought-provoking cover, and Kanye knows exactly how to produce material like that. However, I can’t help but think if she were still alive, this wouldn’t even be under consideration for a cover. It would be considered disrespectful and an invasion of privacy. Imagine if someone used Britney’s 2007 umbrella scene as a mainstream album cover to make a statement of downfall? Sure, it’s interesting, but Britney would be beyond embarrassed, people would run to her defense, but most of all it isn’t even considered art at this moment. So why is Whitney’s downfall any different? 

Babel
16 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

I’ll be honest, I think it’s a very thought-provoking cover, and Kanye knows exactly how to produce material like that. However, I can’t help but think if she were still alive, this wouldn’t even be under consideration for a cover. It would be considered disrespectful and an invasion of privacy. Imagine if someone used Britney’s 2007 umbrella scene as a mainstream album cover to make a statement of downfall? Sure, it’s interesting, but Britney would be beyond embarrassed, people would run to her defense, but most of all it isn’t even considered art at this moment. So why is Whitney’s downfall any different? 

I think that Whitney being dead is one of the main reasons they chose the picture. It wouldn't have the same effect if she was still alive.

Dunk96

Anyone defending this is a hot ass mess. :saladga: This is beyond disrespectful to Whitney's name and legacy. As if she hasn't dealt with enough in her death with her family trashing her estate and legacy. I'm thoroughly disgusted anyone would consider this "art" when it's really just a ploy in trashing Whitney. Whitney was beyond a "drug addicted troubled singer".

freebit
2 hours ago, SKANK said:

I love it, and wish Gaga was creating equally challenging and noteworthy art. This album cover would have been perfect for The Fame Monster.

That would have been too literal and tasteless IMO. Gaga's audience would (rightfully) not be as lenient as Pusha T's, and her most ardent critics at the time (gay middle aged white men working for publications like the NYT) wouldn't have let her get away with it, or been ~thoughtful~ enough to be anything but dismissive. Pusha T's audience is mostly young men who are just a bunch of edgelords and think it's cool. Male rappers just get away with far more at this point in time. Even white crap ones like Post Malone.

misunderstood

This whole thread :saladga:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Matangi
6 minutes ago, freebit said:

That would have been too literal and tasteless IMO. Gaga's audience would (rightfully) not be as lenient as Pusha T's, and her most ardent critics at the time (gay middle aged white men working for publications like the NYT) wouldn't have let her get away with it, or been ~thoughtful~ enough to be anything but dismissive. Pusha T's audience is mostly young men who are just a bunch of edgelords and think it's cool. Male rappers just get away with far more at this point in time. Even white crap ones like Post Malone.

Both Kanye and Pusha T have been involved with drugs, their dealing and their usage, and I guarantee you have known people in their personal lives who have died from drug-use. The photograph is meant to be uncomfortable to see because it shows the pain and the turmoil often within fame, especially when of someone we love. It's clearly about complex topics, not just to be edgy.

freebit
18 minutes ago, Matangi said:

Both Kanye and Pusha T have been involved with drugs, their dealing and their usage, and I guarantee you have known people in their personal lives who have died from drug-use. The photograph is meant to be uncomfortable to see because it shows the pain and the turmoil often within fame, especially when of someone we love. It's clearly about complex topics, not just to be edgy.

Yes, it has impact because people loved Whitney, but how is it not exploitive? And obvious? We know this, it's nothing new. What is it accomplishing? And after especially seeing all the mess of the new Whitney doc, it just highlights how awful it is that people feel free to use Whitney's life narrative in any way they please, and often for profit. I think while it says that yes, fame/drugs are toxic, by highlighting it with this pic, they are just doing the same thing they are supposedly critiquing - using these pics with her being unable to consent (like that family member who sold it to The Enquirer did) and actually profiting from it. We will just have to agree to disagree because I'm just not sold on it. I don't find it complex at all. It's lazily executed IMO.

Morphine Prince

We must separate the actual photo (artwork) from the personal feelings the family of Whitney might have. 

If her family doesn’t want this, then bad on them for using it. But if it isn’t an issue, great. 

Now, regardless of the personal feelings, I think it’s a great cover. It’s supposed to make you uncomfortable. Half of the people here saying this is disrespectful, etc. probably praised Gaga for her religious imagery from the BTW era which might have made some Christians uncomfortable. 

Art doesn’t need to make you feel good. 

truthteller
2 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

When your music itself isn’t good enough on its own so you have to resort to using a dead legend for controversy. Lmao they are so damn cheap and transparent. I guess Kanye truly is a Kardashian, huh? :ladyhaha:

it's a Pusha T album and it's just got a BWM from pitchfork. keep seething pop-head homo.

anyways, it reminds me of how Gaga was pushing and challenging the definition of art back in the days. 

art doesnt have to be comfortable.

we all know how whitney's life had been exploited and manipulated by her husband. it definitely conveys some message even though the way it channels may offend someone...  

my main concern is... whether her family is ok with that.

Archived