Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye Paid $85k For Whitney’s Drug-Covered Bathroom On Pusha T Album

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Werk
18 minutes ago, seXXX dreams said:

anybody else zooming in to see the counter?

I mean it is on Google 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child
37 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I love it, and wish Gaga's was creating equally challenging and noteworthy art. This album cover would have been perfect for The Fame Monster.

37 minutes ago, That J said:

What lovely taste we have in the world these days. I just wonder if the music would be worth it. 

I get it but I would feel better about it if there was some permission by the artist to use it. And since shes dead...idk..just leave it alone. Oh well. 

35 minutes ago, Matangi said:

I'm honestly quite interested. I don't expect somehwere like ggd (that is often filled with random subtle racist threads) to analyze this choice without being a little tone-deaf, but kanye is obviously attempting to make a statement here.

34 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Kind of f*cked but art is art I guess. Here's hoping he's tasteful with any references to Whitney.

34 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Well a picture does say a thousand words. With Whitney's death and the meaning of what fame and drugs could do to celebrities, it tells a story instead of a random headshot of the singer.

I just hope it truly fits the music. 

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? THIS IS SO DAMN DISRESPECTFUL! THIS IS NOT ART OR ANYTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR! I AM DISGUSTED!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child

I thought the slavery was a choice comment was the last straw but this, this is truly ****ed up. :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

smitherz

Push makes crack music. I personally think it’s a really interesting choice for an album cover. I think people are being a little sensitive about the whole thing. It’s a picture of her drug filled counter back in 2006. Nobody gave a damn or thought twice about making fun of her drug use while she was alive. Why can’t we let an artist make a statement? I think it’s a really interestingly choice to have that image as an album cover especially coming from an artist like Pusha T. 

PartySick
10 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? THIS IS SO DAMN DISRESPECTFUL! THIS IS NOT ART OR ANYTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR! I AM DISGUSTED!

Sis my favorite performance of Gaga's is the puke one from SXSW, I am the last person that has any place to criticize someone for artistic integrity or whatever :poot:

This could go in a very powerful direction. The art work shows what destroyed her, it makes me curious to hear what the music is about and what the album's overall message will be. Like I said, I hope direct references to her are tasteful and don't attack her or degrade her. I don't see displaying her illness and eventual downfall as distasteful or disrespectful if he follows through with something meaningful.

Kanye acts like a totally arrogant moron but the guy's a genius artist. Let's just hear him out on the album and then attack him if need be :huntyga:

🖤

SKANK
13 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Great art should evoke an emotional response, the fact that you are so upset by this album cover proves its effectiveness.

When it comes to appreciating art, it's best to leave your high horse in the stables.

The Child
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Sis my favorite performance of Gaga's is the puke one from SXSW, I am the last person that has any place to criticize someone for artistic integrity or whatever :poot:

This could go in a very powerful direction. The art work shows what destroyed her, it makes me curious to hear what the music is about and what the album's overall message will be. Like I said, I hope direct references to her are tasteful and don't attack her or degrade her. I don't see displaying her illness and eventual downfall as distasteful or disrespectful if he follows through with something meaningful.

Kanye acts like a totally arrogant moron but the guy's a genius artist. Let's just hear him out on the album and then attack him if need be :huntyga:

But puke is not similar to this, I mean I’m sorry but no Kanye can go **** himself. Sorry for being rude but this is so disrespectful.

4 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Great art should evoke an emotional response, the fact that you are so upset by this album cover proves its effectiveness.

When it comes to appreciating art, it's best to leave your high horse in the stables.

I’m not on my high horse right now believe me but I just can’t accept this, maybe I’m too attached to Whitney because my mom literally loves her and made me watch bodyguard and was truly crushed when she died so I don’t know but all I know is that I feel that this is so wrong on so many levels.

AshIey

I get the point they’re trying to make but it does feel disrespectful to Whitney’s memory, there was more more to her as a person other than “drug user” which sadly is how many people remember her, and this doesn’t help.

LordEnigma
5 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

But puke is not similar to this, I mean I’m sorry but no Kanye can go **** himself. Sorry for being rude but this is so disrespectful.

I’m not on my high horse right now believe me but I just can’t accept this, maybe I’m too attached to Whitney because my mom literally loves her and made me watch bodyguard and was truly crushed when she died so I don’t know but all I know is that I feel that this is so wrong on so many levels.

Well it’s actually doing it’s job by making you talk about the album. Which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters for them.

Matangi
23 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

uh oh the art police are here. no but seriously it doesn't matter if you consider it art or not, the conversation about fame and death are being directly referenced. To you its disrespectful, to others it may be essential to fully understanding what the artists aim to say. Aside from that, controversy is powerful.

The Child
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

Well it’s actually doing it’s job by making you talk about the album. Which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters for them.

That’s so sad, I’m disgusted honestly. Even after her death Whitney is still not getting any respect and recognition.

The Child
Just now, Matangi said:

uh oh the art police are here. no but seriously it doesn't matter if you consider it art or not, the conversation about fame and death are being directly referenced. To you its disrespectful, to others it may be essential to fully understanding what the artists aim to say. Aside from that, controversy is powerful.

You think I’m going to actually engage in a convo with you after you just dismissed the outrage I felt by saying “uh oh the art police are here”. 

The Child

Never would I have ever thought that some people here would defend this honestly. But anyway, hypocrites are everywhere. What if this was a picture of Britney shaving her head for example?

Matangi
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

You think I’m going to actually engage in a convo with you after you just dismissed the outrage I felt by saying “uh oh the art police are here”. 

Yeah, I'm being 100% geniune. You can say "THIS ISNT ART OR ANYTHING SIMILAR," but sorry, sometimes art is polarizing and can be "outrageous" by one side in order to illustrate something. 

Matangi
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Never would I have ever thought that some people here would defend this honestly. But anyway, hypocrites are everywhere. What if this was a picture of Britney shaving her head for example?

that is where you are wrong to parallel the two. Is this a photo of a celebrity undergoing trauma? Is it a photo of Whitney? Is it a photo of something violent? No, and that would not be legally possible without permission from her estate. It's a photo of a bathroom that is littered with drug paraphernalia. It is a simple photograph, but its context and its particular history makes it a significant statement about fame and life. You find it disrespectful, I find it an incredibly interesting.

Archived