opinion

Lady Gaga's Best Joanne promo looks

Saade Baena

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smother Em Eh

Wow looking at all these outfits really makes me appreciate Joanne Era looks. Sure they weren’t over the top, but many were beautiful! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Suspiria
1 hour ago, doppelganger said:

This i disagree. The reason why TF was effective from an aesthetic POV is because the looks are achievable with a little creativity. Joanne may look pared back in comparison but the creativity is in how her styling team milked the Americana aesthetic. Everyone knows Joanne now. It’s brilliant marketing. 

I agree that it was smart marketing, but creative? Responding to the idea that she needed to strip back/be more personal (which I agree she needed to do to save her career) by literally just stripping off the makeup and wearing basic clothes was the single least creative thing she could've done. It's just so literal and unimaginative, and honestly was very predictable which is something I personally hoped I would never say about her...

Plus this was basically her go-to look for the whole era:

lady-gaga-slide-3DSM-superJumbo-1.jpg

634-lady-gaga-v-082717-c08a61a6-245f-45a

What about this is creative or "milking the Americana aesthetic" lol? In 5ft2 it's made very clear that she was just bored of being glamorous, she just wanted an easy uniform. And that's understandable - but really there is no creativity or deeper meaning to it...

LeJudas

This whole era was fantastic!

Great album, great performances, great fashion, everything was beautifully done and well made.

It's one of her best era's and probably one of the top overall! The constant hate and ignoring of the Joanne era is tragic and undeserved, Joanne needs our love and support like any other does.

-Xoxo a little Joannester

ArtGagaPop
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I agree that it was smart marketing, but creative? Responding to the idea that she needed to strip back/be more personal (which I agree she needed to do to save her career) by literally just stripping off the makeup and wearing basic clothes was the single least creative thing she could've done. It's just so literal and unimaginative, and honestly was very predictable which is something I personally hoped I would never say about her...

What about this is creative or "milking the Americana aesthetic" lol? In 5ft2 it's made very clear that she was just bored of being glamorous, she just wanted an easy uniform. And that's understandable - but really there is no creativity or deeper meaning to it...

i love how you say this were her go to look yet she maybe wore something like this 1 pefomance out of 100 lol. She went for a more natural look this era yes but it were often way more creative then a t-shirt and jeans. Just take a look at all the MR peformances. Not even one time did she wore something like what you describes as her go to look. 

2016+American+Music+Awards+Show+cYOwJvxj

gaga-626898422.jpg

cbs-lady-gaga-performance.jpg

lady-gaga-super-bowl-halftime-show-previ

Cy4yc35UcAAsjnC.jpg

lady-gaga-smap-1.jpg

Mr S

Looking at the pics in the original post, it definitely got better and better.

doppelganger
9 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Perhaps you simply see a tee and jeans. But it is expertly styled. She looks amazing there. 

And then there’s the leather fringed Rodarte. The Wide brimmed hat. The Pi hot pants. MR pink pantsuit. In retrospect the Joanne era was truly memorable for the simple reason that she is fairly consistent. She brought glamour when she needed to while still keeping to her “i’m a regular girl” thingy. 

Queen Gloria
16 hours ago, ArtGagaPop said:

lady-gaga_8efa8c6a-9b74-11e6-a472-803c9c

tumblr_p17s8qoSKX1uciceco1_500.png

These two are my favorite. If there's ever a JWT DVD (lol "soon" :lolga:) this should be the cover.

Archived