💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga's Best Joanne promo looks

Saade Baena

Featured Posts

Miel

Anyway, I think the aesthetic branding of Joanne was actually very smart, and probably one of her most cohesive since The Fame. The hat, in particular, has been cemented.

There are three integral aspects that I have noticed, disseminated throughout the entire era

-the Joanne hat

-crop top and shorts combination

-varying degrees of "country"/"Americana"-inspired looks

The hats themselves, and the "country"/"Americana"-inspired looks, are fairly self-explanatory. I personally was most interested in how she took the crop top and shorts motif throughout the era, even in events that weren't heavily "Joanne".

lady-gaga-01.jpg&w=1100&q=85

lady-gaga-look-perfect-illusion-1.jpg

388036978.jpg

gaga-superbowl-stomach1.jpg

lady-gaga-2017-grammys-sunglasses-billbo

metallicagaga.jpg?resize=886,668&ssl=1

maxresdefault.jpg

2017-Coachella-Valley-Music-And-Arts-Fes

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
7 minutes ago, Miel said:

Anyway, I think the aesthetic branding of Joanne was actually very smart, and probably one of her most cohesive since The Fame. The hat, in particular, has been cemented.

There are three integral aspects that I have noticed, disseminated throughout the entire era

-the Joanne hat

The hats themselves, and the "country"/"Americana"-inspired looks, are fairly self-explanatory. I personally was most interested in how she took the crop top and shorts motif throughout the era, even in events that weren't heavily "Joanne".

388036978.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

i didn't even clock this, now i can say the killer looks were on brand :giveup: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

LGMonster95

This era will forever be underapreciated when it comes to looks and I'm kinda mad because it was truly amazing, it made perfect sense with that era, made her look badass, gorgeous and believe it or not even creative as f*ck because even the "simple" things are hard to pull off and made them work. 

LGMonster95
33 minutes ago, Miel said:

-the Joanne hat

388036978.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I f*cking loved the PI looks, and the Grammy look might be my absolute favorite 

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

I f*cking loved the PI looks, and the Grammy look might be my absolute favorite 

tenor.gif?itemid=5442438

PI is one of my favourite single eras purely because of how she looked like f*ck

demin shorts, crop top, sunglasses and a KILLER ponytail :giveup: i WISH i could look like that everyday

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5442438

PI is one of my favourite single eras purely because of how she looked like f*ck

demin shorts, crop top, sunglasses and a KILLER ponytail :giveup: i WISH i could look like that everyday

PI is also one of my fav single eras, she was looking so good and I wasn't so into Gaga's ponytails before but f*ck, the one from PI really does it for me, i love how it looks on her  I mean JUST LOOK AT IT:giveup: 19cb12d6b72f9fd2aece817ff845ec50--lady-g

Suspiria
3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

this eras fashion will be forever underrated by this fanbase just because it's not wacky

I'd have to disagree with this - it's not because they weren't "wacky", they just looked kind of lazy. I think a lot of fans just want effort... we can see t-shirts and messy hair every day, we look to pop stars (millionaires with a team of stylists) to see glamour and high fashion on a regular basis - things that we ourselves can't realistically achieve.

That said though, I definitely understand why "toning it down" was a smart career move (even if i personally don't agree with it...)

ryanripley
Just now, Suspiria said:

I'd have to disagree with this - it's not because they weren't "wacky", they just looked kind of lazy. I think a lot of fans just want effort... we can see t-shirts and messy hair every day, we look to pop stars (millionaires with a team of stylists) to see glamour and high fashion on a regular basis - things that we ourselves can't realistically achieve.

That said though, I definitely understand why "toning it down" was a smart career move (even if i personally don't agree with it...)

but the era wasn't just t-shirt and messy hair

she gave minimal and stripped back, not lazy

doppelganger
23 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

This i disagree. The reason why TF was effective from an aesthetic POV is because the looks are achievable with a little creativity. Joanne may look pared back in comparison but the creativity is in how her styling team milked the Americana aesthetic. Everyone knows Joanne now. It’s brilliant marketing. 

Suspiria
37 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

but the era wasn't just t-shirt and messy hair

she gave minimal and stripped back, not lazy

Well what do you mean by "minimal and stripped back" other than messy hair and t-shirts lol?

I personally think the fashion of this era could've gone in some much more interesting directions. I loved the lacy, quasi-Victorian aesthetic she hinted at with these:

46eb89667a9fd4e8fbe1f612dcd50dd3--halftilady-gaga-3.jpg31cfb3020bf67c28f45ea4b383fb0d54.jpg

Or alternatively a more funky 70s route, to match the subtle influences on the album and relate to Joanne's life:

CvxzsSOUIAAldBN.jpg

I just feel that the fashion (for the most part) was neither the classic glamour you'd expect for a "stripped back era" (à la Back To Basics), nor in tune with the more funky sound of the album (because lets be real, Joanne was mostly a fun and interesting electro-pop album,  not the country ballad fest everyone claims it is). It was mostly very average outfits that didn't have much thought put into them - i.e., normal people clothes.

And this is where the divide between fans arises - some people (such as yourself) want pop stars to be relatable, others look to them for fantasy and drama. It's just personal taste.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

Well what do you mean by "minimal and stripped back" other than messy hair and t-shirts lol?

I personally think the fashion of this era could've gone in some much more interesting directions. I loved the lacy, quasi-Victorian aesthetic she honted at with these:

46eb89667a9fd4e8fbe1f612dcd50dd3--halftilady-gaga-3.jpg31cfb3020bf67c28f45ea4b383fb0d54.jpg

Or alternatively a more funky 70s route, to match the subtle influences on the album and relate to Joanne's life:

CvxzsSOUIAAldBN.jpg

I just feel that the fashion (for the most part) was neither the classic glamour you'd expect for a "stripped back era" (à la Back To Basics), nor in tune with the more funky sound of the album (because lets be real, Joanne was mostly a fun and interesting electro-pop album,  not the country ballad fest everyone claims it is). It was mostly very average outfits that didn't have much thought put into them - i.e., normal people clothes.

And this is where the divide between fans arises - some people (such as yourself) want pop stars to be relatable, others look to them for fantasy and drama. It's just personal taste.

this is minimal and stripped back

GettyImages-604558126.jpg110216-Lady-Gaga-Promo-Looks-Embed31.jpg?itok=HKtsjJij080116-lady-gaga.jpg?itok=_TXf9hF331384596_679709615749408_304784271032188928_n.jpg

it's not just "messy hair and a shirt" lol, she's being doing the whole fantasy thing all her career so a change was refreshing

Ziggy
2 hours ago, ArtGagaPop said:

urn_feed-wenn-com_newsfeedarticle_1_1618

lady-gaga_8efa8c6a-9b74-11e6-a472-803c9c

091216-lady-gaga-jeans.jpg?itok=uC-lsG9M

millionreasons.jpg

tumblr_p17s8qoSKX1uciceco1_500.png

I could be posting almost every look from the era lol. I really liked her outfits this era and unlike many others i actually loved that she used so many diffrent hats, it made most of the looks of the era seem cohesive and most of the times they also looked really good :flutter:. I also loved the simple looks she served during PI radio promo and all of the JWT outfits+ the hair during it. 

Was waiting for the fashion week look. Her with the thick frames was ON POINT. And obviously the Alejandro outfit is a slay.

Suspiria
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

this is minimal and stripped back

*snip*

it's not just "messy hair and a shirt" lol, she's being doing the whole fantasy thing all her career so a change was refreshing

Well this is why I said I understand it as a career move ;) (even if my personal belief is that more is always more...). Plus her hair was always a mess under those Joanne hats, scraped back into a greasy bun with those awful roots :selena:

I don't mean to belittle your opinions btw, you're of course totally entitled to like these more basic looks (in fact it's alwas better to be positive). It's all just down to taste at the end of the day :hug:

Archived