💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If ARTPOP was more Hip Hop/ R n B/ Trap influenced?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

TEANUS
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Which equals a mess. :selena:

I think it was a mess only because there were too many minds and motives at work. The label, Troy, and Gaga all clearly had different aims/ expectations of what it was to be. The label would obviously want a smash follow-up to TF, TFM, and BTW so she made dance-pop songs like Applause, MANiCURE, Gypsy etc. Troy always pushed for technological advancements so she worked on the app and wrote songs like Aura, PARTYNAUSEOUS, etc. Whereas Gaga just wanted to make a truly diverse body of work that anyone could feel welcome and have a good time listening to (Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, Jewels n Drugs)

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Wow you guys really hate R’n’b and hip hop when those genres are way better than the rock you love and those musical genres can actually showcase Gaga’s vocals very well.

Agree! Many fans may not see it but everyone in the GP who heard DWUW thought it was an R&B song. And DWUW is a winner! :golfclap:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

I think it was a mess only because there were too many minds and motives at work. The label, Troy, and Gaga all clearly had different aims/ expectations of what it was to be. The label would obviously want a smash follow-up to TF, TFM, and BTW so she made dance-pop songs like Applause, MANiCURE, Gypsy etc. Troy always pushed for technological advancements so she worked on the app and wrote songs like Aura, PARTYNAUSEOUS, etc. Whereas Gaga just wanted to make a truly diverse body of work that anyone could feel welcome and have a good time listening to (Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, Jewels n Drugs)

I think you're right about too many minds, but I have a few differences: I think Gypsy was her song, her ballad, not a pop song. MANiCURE was definitely crafted to be a Poker Face like pop hit but it was too loud.

About the tech part, that's something Gaga herself has really been into. I remember her talking about pop art and tech right in the Fame era interviews. Even after letting Troy go, she has worked with a lot of new tech stuff with the Haus, with Intel, etc. Aura etc. definitely came from her collab with DJWS and the whole heavy EDM influence. And yes, you're right, she wanted a fun album (Sexxx Dreams and DWUW sound perfect) but it ended up being very intense.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Damon

hmm idk, she was working 24/7 with white shadoq and he's msinly a trap dj so it could be

... and now i just sit in silence.

Jewels n Drugs

An album full of DWUWs is what i need tbh

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Smother Em Eh
1 hour ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

An album full of DWUWs is what i need tbh

Yesssss OMG that’d be one amazing and cohesive album I’d buy in a heartbeat! 

If only :pray::excited2::cryga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Pacify Him

I’d unstan and I’d wish ARTPOP Act II would never happen :madge:

I’m getting on your nerves

Bradley

ARTPOP is pop perfection, it's one hell of an EDM album and it should remain that way. Any other genre would have affected its core in my opinion.

FfFfFfFF

These are just asumptions. I think the mytologies behind the albums are made up by fans because we have no clue on what is going on.

Archived