💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Emmy predictions for American Crime Story

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Most experts predict that The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story will be nominated for Outstanding Limited Series. It has been placed at the #1 spot in their predictions.

Of course, Darren Criss is #1 in most of their predictions for the category Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series. Evan Peters is paid dust here, he was fantastic in AHS: Cult. He deserves an Emmy nomination.

For Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series, Edgar Ramirez is predicted to be nominated. Ricky Martin is also in their predictions.

Judith Light and Penelope Cruz are both predicted to be nominated for the category Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series.

Additionally, Sarah Paulson is predicted to be nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series for her role in American Horror Story: Cult.

It seems like ACS: Versace will garner tons of nominations this year at the Emmys. AHS: Cult will be paid dust as expected, since Roanoke and Hotel were both not nominated as well.

Lowkey hope Gaga would return to one of Ryan's shows though.

Bradley

@KinneyUnderYou I forgot to tell you that you also missed ACS: Versace. Now you have three Ryan Murphy shows that you have to watch. Four if you count the upcoming Pose. :neyde:

Quartz

Cult is too edgy for these old white men. Give Evan Peters all the awards! His acting last season was phenomenal! :vegas:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

highlikegaga

it's logical Ryan's pushing ACS and not AHS.

It's like when artists release two singles, but as soon as one of them starts doing better than the other, the first gets all the promo and is pushed for awards. Submitting both would cause a mess and may lead to both of them losing lmao I feel like AHS might get some love, but don't expect any wins, tho Evan deserves it so much.

Mirages
14 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

it's logical Ryan's pushing ACS and not AHS.

It's like when artists release two singles, but as soon as one of them starts doing better than the other, the first gets all the promo and is pushed for awards. Submitting both would cause a mess and may lead to both of them losing lmao I feel like AHS might get some love, but don't expect any wins, tho Evan deserves it so much.

They will submit both shows, it's just that ACS has better chances of getting nominated than AHS, because it's been better received by the critics and had better promo.

47 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Evan Peters is paid dust here, he was fantastic in AHS: Cult. He deserves an Emmy nomination.

Since he didn't get nominations for Murder House or Asylum, I'm not surprised. His acting in Hotel was phenomenal as well, she should have gotten one for that as well!

I'm the bitch that's fragile

freebit

I'm not surprised AHS is not being predicted for any awards. I think hype has to be there for a series to get awards nominations, be it critical hype, or "hot new series" hype. Like, if twitter, Vulture, Indie Wire, Vox etc, aren't writing much about it, then it's likely not going to get noticed. I think AHS's novelty has faded, so even if the performances and writing are good they're just no longer going to be able to break through the noise of numerous other shows and get noticed. I agree, it's kind of sad Evan has been getting no awards recognition for his great performances each season. I think maybe he'll have a chance with Pose or another new series. 

Bradley
1 minute ago, freebit said:

I'm not surprised AHS is not being predicted for any awards. I think hype has to be there for a series to get awards nominations, be it critical hype, or "hot new series" hype. Like, if twitter, Vulture, Indie Wire, Vox etc, aren't writing much about it, then it's likely not going to get noticed. I think AHS's novelty has faded, so even if the performances and writing are good they're just no longer going to be able to break through the noise of numerous other shows and get noticed. I agree, it's kind of sad Evan has been getting no awards recognition for his great performances each season. I think maybe he'll have a chance with Pose or another new series. 

It's sad, isn't it that AHS is being paid dust every year. It's not like it has been receiving bad critical reviews. Each AHS season is actually well received by critics, I mean not universally acclaimed but reviews usually get better towards the middle and end of the season. Hotel, Roanoke and Cult were so enjoyable to me but they were paid dust because of how it's an 'old show'. Roanoke and Cult actually received pretty good reviews but I guess there's only room for 5 to 6 limited series per year, and that rules out AHS.

Scathach

Unpopular opinion but Evan Peters is overrated (and Cult was awful so it doesn't deserve any nominations)

I still haven't watched Versace, but mostly everyone said it was pretty meh. It's only nominated because the competition is low this year. 

Ziggy

Versace was not a very good series in itself; it started and ended strong, but there's some middle episodes that are just "meh." Still, Darren Criss definitely deserves at least a nom for the performance; he was outstanding and was the only reason to keep watching because he did such a good job enrapturing you in his character. There was always this mystery about his character even when we got to know him better that I think is very hard to pull off with serial killers. Oftentimes, actors take the deep dive and go overboard with characterization whereas Criss really let some of the horrific mystique stay. You never knew what he'd do next or which side of Cunanan you'd see. Great acting.

Bradley
22 minutes ago, darkness said:

Unpopular opinion but Evan Peters is overrated (and Cult was awful so it doesn't deserve any nominations)

I still haven't watched Versace, but mostly everyone said it was pretty meh. It's only nominated because the competition is low this year. 

If it was bad the critics would have put it at #5 instead of #1 though.

freebit
On 5/24/2018 at 6:28 AM, Bradley said:

It's sad, isn't it that AHS is being paid dust every year. It's not like it has been receiving bad critical reviews. Each AHS season is actually well received by critics, I mean not universally acclaimed but reviews usually get better towards the middle and end of the season. Hotel, Roanoke and Cult were so enjoyable to me but they were paid dust because of how it's an 'old show'. Roanoke and Cult actually received pretty good reviews but I guess there's only room for 5 to 6 limited series per year, and that rules out AHS.

Yeah, it sucks when a show is lowkey considered "too old" to be acknowledged come award time, even if it's good. I think the only way AHS would gain any traction is if they did a stunt like have a big and/or hot name like Guillermo del Torro or Stephen King come write a season, or some sort of respected auteur director on board. After reading recent Ryan's profile in the New Yorker I really wouldn't be surprised if he jumps ship soon - it's heavily stated that he's always super concerned on whether something is a hit or flop (so much so that he had them omit Popular when they were introducing him when he was being honored at some function), and he & the interviewer made it seem like he was handing off his F/X and FOX shows to other people in the near future, so the show might be able to reinvent itself.

Bradley
21 minutes ago, freebit said:

Yeah, it sucks when a show is lowkey considered "too old" to be acknowledged come award time, even if it's good. I think the only way AHS would gain any traction is if they did a stunt like have a big and/or hot name like Guillermo del Torro or Stephen King come write a season, or some sort of respected auteur director on board. After reading recent Ryan's profile in the New Yorker I really wouldn't be surprised if he jumps ship soon - it's heavily stated that he's always super concerned on whether something is a hit or flop (so much so that he had them omit Popular when they were introducing him when he was being honored at some function), and he & the interviewer made it seem like he was handing off his F/X and FOX shows to other people in the near future, so the show might be able to reinvent itself.

I actually think AHS won't last too long, unless the Murder House/Coven crossover proves to be a huge success. We're already up to 9 seasons and that's a lot for a TV show. I'm just not sure if they are going to do a 10th/11th even though I hope they do. It seems at this point that the Emmys and Golden Globes have lost their interest in AHS, I think the studio might want to forfeit AHS for good.

I do hope AHS stays for as long as possible though, I love the show so much.

freebit
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I actually think AHS won't last too long, unless the Murder House/Coven crossover proves to be a huge success. We're already up to 9 seasons and that's a lot for a TV show. I'm just not sure if they are going to do a 10th/11th even though I hope they do. It seems at this point that the Emmys and Golden Globes have lost their interest in AHS, I think the studio might want to forfeit AHS for good.

I do hope AHS stays for as long as possible though, I love the show so much.

I wonder if they'll still feel an incentive to keep it once Ryan leaves. Despite it steadily decreasing each season, it's still one of the highest rated series on F/X.

joemayzzin

Well deseserved spot for perdictions,  I really enjoyed this season :golfclap:

Archived