A Star Is Born
Sign in to follow this  
society

NFL to force players to stand for pledge if on the field

Featured Posts

SolidSnake   Paws Up 2,221
SolidSnake
Just now, misunderstood said:

I'm not changing my perspective on the world anytime soon just because you don't like it buddy. Not everyone is going to think like you, weren't you taught that at a young age? :huh: I don't know why you're bringing up the past when we're talking about something happening NOW. In this discussion the past is completely irrelevant.

EmilysQuotes.Com-people-learn-history-do

The past is always relevant my dude. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

misunderstood   Paws Up 1,992
misunderstood
Just now, SolidSnake said:

EmilysQuotes.Com-people-learn-history-do

The past is always relevant my dude. 

Not in this discussion :awkney: We're talking about now sweetie, sorry your "woke" lessons you're trying to push here aren't really doing anything for me.

• Love 1
"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

SolidSnake
Just now, misunderstood said:

Not in this discussion :awkney: We're talking about now sweetie, sorry your "woke" lessons you're trying to push here aren't really doing anything for me.

Past struggles for workers rights are absolutely relevant in current discussion on workers rights. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

misunderstood
1 minute ago, SolidSnake said:

Past struggles for workers rights are absolutely relevant in current discussion on workers rights. 

Not on this one honey. It should be obvious that you can't do whatever you want at work. Not everything is gonna go your way...that should be obvious :air:

SolidSnake
6 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Not on this one honey. It should be obvious that you can't do whatever you want at work. Not everything is gonna go your way...that should be obvious :air:

So they arent relevant when you happen to disagree with the rights in question? When would they be relevant? Would you tell Harvey Weinstein's victims for instance that they could just find another job if they didnt want to be subject to his sexual advances? You keep disrespectfully calling me "honey" or w.e but you've lost this debate. You have yet to represent any valid points that would falsify my argument. NFL did this without consulting the players union and it will likely be challenged 

Edited by SolidSnake
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

M Monstre   Paws Up 22,620
M Monstre

What annoys me the most is that these same people who are saying "You have to stand up for the national anthem! If you're kneeling you hate our country, blah, blah, blah" are the same exact people who call out others for being "snowflakes" or "being too sensitive." I mean, I literally have a classmate who calls other people out for being "too sensitive" about real world issues, but then turns around and whines about people not kneeling in front of a ****ing flag.

Now look, I get it. The flag is suppose to be representative of America, but if people do not agree with how America is being represented right now, then they're not going to stand. It's simple as that. Instead of trying to "fix" the players, help to fix the actual problem. 

It's not like these players are taking down the flag and pissing on it in front of the entire stadium. They're kneeling because there is a legitimate issue in our country regarding inequality and police brutality. For them to say "Okay, if you don't like standing, you can just wait in the locker rooms" is literally them trying to hide away and disregard the actual issues—whether they thought about consciously or not. 

• Like 2
  • Shook 1
💕 / 🎨 / ✌️ / 🎶

ryanripley   Paws Up 69,775
ryanripley
Just now, M Monstre said:

What annoys me the most is that these same people who are saying "You have to stand up for the national anthem! If you're kneeling you hate our country, blah, blah, blah" are the same exact people who call out others for being "snowflakes" or "being too sensitive." I mean, I literally have a classmate who calls other people out for being "too sensitive" about real world issues, but then turns around and whines about people not kneeling in front of a ****ing flag.

Now look, I get it. The flag is suppose to be representative of America, but if people do not agree with how America is being represented right now, then they're not going to stand. It's simple as that. Instead of trying to "fix" the players, help to fix the actual problem. 

It's not like these players are taking down the flag and pissing on it in front of the entire stadium. They're kneeling because there is a legitimate issue in our country regarding inequality and police brutality. For them to say "Okay, if you don't like standing, you can just wait in the locker rooms" is literally them trying to hide away and disregard the actual issues—whether they thought about consciously or not. 

all of this

• Thanks 1
https://goo.gl/wFxoYL

Whispering   Paws Up 15,272
Whispering

Before 2009, the players weren't on the field. The players were all in the locker room. The NFL needs to simply go back to that. Problem solved.

They are making rules for something that had run its course. At the end of the season, only seven players were kneeling...that's seven out of 1,700 players. This issue had become a non-issue and now they have reignited the flame. 

Whispering
12 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

You couldn't be more wrong. These players are part of a union. They have a process were they have input into their work conditions and environment. 

The National Football League Players Association, or NFLPA, is the labor organization representing the professional American footballplayers in the National Football League (NFL). The NFLPA, which has headquarters in Washington, D.C., was established to provide players with formal representation to negotiate compensation and the terms of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA). The NFLPA is a member of the AFL–CIO, the largest federation of unions in the United States.

At this time, this decision is not in the CBA. That's why the team will receive the fine and not the players. This issue is sure to be a big discussion point for next year's formal CBA. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

SolidSnake
Just now, Whispering said:

You couldn't be more wrong. These players are part of a union. They have a process were they have input into their work conditions and environment. 

The National Football League Players Association, or NFLPA, is the labor organization representing the professional American footballplayers in the National Football League (NFL). The NFLPA, which has headquarters in Washington, D.C., was established to provide players with formal representation to negotiate compensation and the terms of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA). The NFLPA is a member of the AFL–CIO, the largest federation of unions in the United States.

At this time, this decision is not in the CBA. That's why the team will receive the fine and not the players. This issue is sure to be a big discussion point for next year's formal CBA. 

Thanks whispering. Love you. New best friend status.

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

misunderstood
6 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

So they arent relevant when you happen to disagree with the rights in question? When would they be relevant? Would you tell Harvey Weinstein's victims for instance that they could just find another job if they didnt want to be subject to his sexual advances? You keep disrespectfully calling me "honey" or w.e but you've lost this debate. You have yet to represent any valid points that would falsify my argument. NFL did this without consulting the players union and it will likely be challenged 

You know exactly what you're doing here and it's sad. I still stand by my statement, that you seemed to not have read. NFL is a company, they can have as many or as little rules for their employees as they want to. Nobody is dying because of NFL's choices. The only thing happening to people opposed to NFL's decision is disagreement. Also it's concerning that you say "but you've lost this debate". I didn't know we were debating here, I have no interest in that like most :shrug:. I don't understand why you don't understand that a company can tell their employee's what to do. They aren't discriminating them, they're just doing what a lot of companies would do...Most people don't protest at work. The company's image and ratings are being affected by some of their employees actions. They have to do what they have to do to maintain their business, and that is "The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction." There's things I don't want to do at work but I still have to just to keep my job. Also using Weinstein's victims as an example is very rude. In the contract they didn't sign up to be assaulted or harmed. You can say that the NFL player's didn't sign up for this to be put in place but at the same time at least they have a choice and they don't get fired right away. They just face a consequence because of an action they choose to do. All you've said so far is the same old same old things. 

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You're all saying the same things :toofunny:

• Thanks 1

Wigless   Paws Up 7,008
Wigless

Right so, it's only free speech when it's the alt right spewing hate. That's the only free speech America cares about. That country is so cancelled lmao I'm so glad I don't live there. 

Edited by Wigless

misunderstood
3 minutes ago, Whispering said:

You couldn't be more wrong either. It's sad that you people never give up and pull anything out of your ass so you can seem right :air: Of course it isn't in place yet, who know if it will be.

Whispering
1 minute ago, misunderstood said:

You couldn't be more wrong either. It's sad that you people never give up and pull anything out of your ass so you can seem right :air: Of course it isn't in place yet, who know if it will be.

Everything I stated above is correct. The players are part of a union, and they negotiate their work conditions, compensation and guidelines. They have immense talent, they are a commodity that makes money for these owners. Therefore, they have bargaining power. 

None of that was made up or "pulled out of my ass". 

• Like 2

SolidSnake
2 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

You know exactly what you're doing here and it's sad. I still stand by my statement, that you seemed to not have read. NFL is a company, they can have as many or as little rules for their employees as they want to. Nobody is dying because of NFL's choices. The only thing happening to people opposed to NFL's decision is disagreement. Also it's concerning that you say "but you've lost this debate". I didn't know we were debating here, I have no interest in that like most :shrug:. I don't understand why you don't understand that a company can tell their employee's what to do. They aren't discriminating them, they're just doing what a lot of companies would do...Most people don't protest at work. The company's image and ratings are being affected by some of their employees actions. They have to do what they have to do to maintain their business, and that is "The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons to protest racial inequality and police brutality. Those teams also will have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction." There's things I don't want to do at work but I still have to just to keep my job. Also using Weinstein's victims as an example is very rude. In the contract they didn't sign up to be assaulted or harmed. You can say that the NFL player's didn't sign up for this to be put in place but at the same time at least they have a choice and they don't get fired right away. They just face a consequence because of an action they choose to do. All you've said so far is the same old same old things. 

You're all saying the same things :toofunny:

Boldface point 1: Challenging you to an intellectual and philosophical debate is what i'm doing here. One you refuse to participate in for whatever reason. When is it okay for workers to have rights is what i'm asking you. Its a question you dont want to answer because it will trap you morally. 

Boldface point 2: Most organizations do not force you to stand for anthem everyday. Hell most organizations do not play the national anthem everyday and besides that the kneeling isnt effecting their ratings. Sports ratings are down across the board because there are more forms of entertainment available. 

Boldface point 3: No it isnt. Im asking you where do workers rights begin and end in your opinion. When does an issue stop being "find another job" and when does it become "You have no right to force me to do this". As far as I know there isnt any sort of anthem clause in a players contracts. I could be wrong.

• YAAAS 1