💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Melbourne's Etihad Stadium to be renamed 'Marvel Stadium'

sarahb

Featured Posts

sarahb

Melbourne's Etihad Stadium is getting another name change after almost a decade, with the multi-purpose venue to be rebranded as Marvel Stadium.

The eight-year deal with the Walt Disney Company Australia, which starts on September 1, will include the renaming of the stadium, an on-site Marvel shop and cross-marketing by the entertainment giant.

Melbourne Stadiums Limited chief executive Michael Green says the sponsorship deal will allow for increased engagement with visitors to the ground.

"We have become the world's busiest multi-purpose stadium. Now, we look forward to a new era of entertainment for the stadium where we will push the envelope," he said in a statement on Thursday.

Green said Marvel was one of the world's most recognised brands and a "powerhouse" of the entertainment industry.

"It is a brand dedicated to audience experiences, which firmly aligns with our vision to create incredible experiences for fans," he said.

Walt Disney Company Australia managing director Kylie Watson-Wheeler said the sponsorship deal provided a new way for the Marvel brand to interact with a broad audience.

"Through (this) partnership with MSL we hope to bring people together and provide them with a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the Marvel brand," Watson-Wheeler said.

The ground has been previously been named the Docklands stadium, Colonial Stadium and Telstra Dome.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/etihad-stadium-to-become-marvel-stadium

Spoiler

There's no sport section so I had no idea what section this is supposed to go in :flop:

RAMROD

I love this name :sis:

Will there be Disneyland on there soon tho? Europe have one (France), Asia have 3, Australia need one too for the Pacific market :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

sarahb
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Will there be Disneyland on there soon tho? Europe have one (France), Asia have 3, Australia need one too for the Pacific market :sis:

I've heard rumours of one over the years, but the main problem is that we have a tiny population and I think the majority of overseas tourists that come here come from Asia which have their own anyway. 

Blake
12 hours ago, sarahb said:

I've heard rumours of one over the years, but the main problem is that we have a tiny population and I think the majority of overseas tourists that come here come from Asia which have their own anyway. 

15 hours ago, RAMROD said:

No there won't be. Multiple plans have started in the past, just to be shut down due to multiple factors.

Archived