Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga still popular with the GP in your country?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

Bio

No. Only gay Brazilians listen to her. And her credibility is shaken after Rock in Rio so let’s see if they stick by her.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

No, the GP used to like her in 2009 between Pokerface and Bad Romance

A Hybrid

I’m not even sure if Born This Way was a big hit, but people still remember Gaga and her pop hits, mainly TF & TFM, because songs like Alejandro got just too much radio play. Seriously, I once saw an article ranking 2010’s most played radio songs and Alejandro was the only song to be in the “Uber” category, too much playtime to be even compared to the others

EDIT: Kinda missed the point here. Her name is remembered but no one knows about Joanne. She still has hit potential for LG6 I guess. I live in Turkey btw.

No family’s safe when I sashay

dit

Not really anymore. She sort of aged her brand a lot lately (though it was necessary to prove her talent) and the young ppl that usually care enough to talk about popstars publicly and often have moved on from her and categorize her as a part of like Britney and Beyonce's generation. But I'm certain that with a stronger focus on the streaming generation for her next record she could re snatch them! 

ddd no, Germany stopped caring after Applause.

Her Joanne tour date in Berlin was still sold out tho

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

The Child
26 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

same here. Does France prefer pop music like in VN? I 

No they prefer French Rap :selena: and they also prefer American rap. 

19 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

PI peaked at number 1 and TC peaked at number 4 :huh: 

Lmao and? Charts don’t mean anything in France just like radio, no one buys songs & albums anymore and no one listens to radio.

But everybody streams songs.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

TheRoof
Just now, ryanripley said:

PI has the worst chart run for a "1" single there ,  it was like:

1st week: 1

2nd week: 96 

3rd week: out 

A true peaks dont always mean success expedition :selena:

ARTPOP GAGA

DEAD at Joanne being a non-existent album in most countries.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Lmao and? Charts don’t mean anything in France just like radio, no one buys songs & albums anymore and no one listens to radio.

well she had 2 french jwt dates so there was obviously demand for gaga :vegas:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ARTPOP GAGA
4 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

so sad. Rap music is more popular than pop . I'm pressed !  :wtfga:

duckworth

I heard A-Yo on the radio once so that must mean something. Right?

Millennials love her. Million Reasons was a smash hit in the Philippines (this was way back in October 2016). It's still getting played in the radio (not as much as before, but still there. But I remembered that it was still in the Top 20 of the most popular nationwide radio station's charts in March. 

Never heard The Cure tho :excuseu:

ARTPOP GAGA

You guys all know that people go to Joanne Tour to listen to her old hits mostly. No one is here for Joanne album and it's the ugly truth :((

dit
24 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

That was the sales only chart (which is counted as the official chart even tho they have a streaming + sales chart for france I believe). PI only lasted for 3 weeks on French sales chart and I'd imagine TC lasted even less....France is sadly one of her weakest markets now actually :( But LG6 can snatch them back I think. Like Esteban said in the previous page she sort of has this weird stigma of being unpopular surrounding her there and the French are sort of a snobby audience when it comes to American artists in general. But I don't agree with him that she can't shake that reputation off. Though the french media and GP can be stubborn there is no denying an undeniable HIT and if Gaga comes swinging with LG6 they'll be singing a new tune ;) 

The Child
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

well she had 2 french jwt dates so there was obviously demand for gaga :vegas:

Yeah and? I was actually gonna attend of them but she has a pretty huge fanbase here so they do everything they can to support Gaga.

3 minutes ago, dit said:

That was the sales only chart (which is counted as the official chart even tho they have a streaming + sales chart for france I believe). PI only lasted for 3 weeks on French sales chart and I'd imagine TC lasted even less....France is sadly one of her weakest markets now actually :( But LG6 can snatch them back I think. Like Esteban said in the previous page she sort of has this weird stigma of being unpopular surrounding her there and the French are sort of a snobby audience when it comes to American artists in general. But I don't agree with him that she can't shake that reputation off. Though the french media and GP can be stubborn there is no denying an undeniable HIT and if Gaga comes swinging with LG6 they'll be singing a new tune ;) 

I’m sorry but what Esteban is pure BS, I’m French and we’re not a snobby audience when it comes to American artists in general, we actually love them. It’s just that the French GP is really boring, if it were up to them Gaga would still be looking like she did in 2009 and she would still be doing music like TF & TFM.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

dit
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah and? I was actually gonna attend of them but she has a pretty huge fanbase here so they do everything they can to support Gaga.

I’m sorry but what Esteban is pure BS, I’m French and we’re not a snobby audience when it comes to American artists in general, we actually love them. It’s just that the French GP is really boring, if it were up to them Gaga would still be looking like she did in 2009 and she would still be doing music like TF & TFM.

ah ok! I guess that's a wrong stigma about french music lovers tbh. They always make them sound like they are pretentious lol! But yeah as I mentioned she can totally re snatch. I just think she needs the right sound and streaming + radio support (let's hope that happens).

Archived