Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga still popular with the GP in your country?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

ARTPOP GAGA

Not in Vietnam. I think her last hit here is Applause. No one around me, even some pop fans, know that Joanne exists. Many say they haven't heard of Gaga since 2011. The reason is simple though: VN mostly just like pop music, and Joanne isn't. If L6 is pure pop, she will slay again !

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

yeah she's doing alright in the UK

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Child

No they think she retired here in France, the last time they heard of her was with Applause.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Saade Baena

Gaga is very popular here in Brazil. Today more for his image of the past than for his music. Anyway joanne had platinum here, Million reasons 2x platinum and is always played on the radios (it was also soundtrack of a novel). PI tbm did well and was the first song from Spotify Brazil to debut with 1kk of reproductions.

SHALLOW

Million Reasons was played often on radio but i think someone might've not known Gaga was singing it

ARTPOP GAGA
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

No they think she retired here in France, the last time they heard of her was with Applause.

same here. Does France prefer pop music like in VN? I 

fivefoottwo

i think the GP in my country forgot her existence :ladyhaha: the cure was her one great opportunity to revive her impact here before its too late but well :ladyhaha:

ryanripley
7 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

PI peaked at number 1 and TC peaked at number 4 :huh: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Modern Ecstacy

Not at all. Gaga has never been big in India, even though we consume so much English music.

The only song most people here probably know is Poker Face. Her contemporaries like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift are much much more popular than she is. 

faustus

Million Reasons is huge here in Italy. PI did well the first two weeks but then just kind of... disappeared? I mean, my friends did not know Gaga had new music out, they were aware of million reasons but they just did not know who sang it. Joanne was basically non existent, except for the fans who actually bought the album.

Esteban

In France, people have been tired of Gaga since the middle of BTW era because it was "visually too much for an apparently weak content"... In this pride country where intellectualism and politic is important Gaga was perceived as a try-hard, so most of people left her  without trying to see how smart she is and her work is. People don't really like her too because she represants for some people (friends of mine included.. :selena:) raw american capitalism and imperialism based on sex, provocation, ego and personal success, but that's hypocrit imo because sadly most of artists use that symbols and values and aren't judged like her.

There is also another factor wich is that in France GP put a "label" on artists and it's almost impossible to change this point of view. So ARTPOP have flopped and since this era she is considered "has been" and people think only "freaks" listen to her. 

But now, in some circles, like music lovers, musicians, arts and human sciences students she is considered as an icon, people know she is talented, it's an achievement even if they don't know her new music.

To finish, I think she stills have a solid fanbase here that's why she stills sell but GP think she belongs to the past.

Easy

The Cure was a cute hit among the GP in Hong Kong. I see the song being shared on Instagram stories etc by the younger generations coz I followed my students on social media. MR, PI etc were played in McDonald’s and IKEAs but they aren’t really like signature hits of Gaga. The GP dont know she sang the songs but definitely know these songs.

People still think of her as the talentless meat dress girl generally. C2C and Joanne had no impact here in terms of changing her image, probably since she didn’t tour HK for 6 years now. Pretty sure Bad Romance, Born This Way and Poker Face etc are still remembered, people still sing them in contests.

jayzer

They hate gaga here since the release of Judas cause they think she's 'Satanic'

follow me in twitter omg

Damon

kind of, i mean i think they got stuck on alejandro, they barely know anything from 2011 and beyond

... and now i just sit in silence.

Teal Ambition

The Cure would have smashed here in Canada if it was promoted, I heard it on the radio ALL the time around its release and a few months after that. Then they abandoned it like Gaga did :ladyhaha: I think they forget about her when she's not in the spotlight, but if she returns, they are definitely here for her.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived