đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Expectations: Do you think it'll flop?

duckworth

Featured Posts

mariomania1234
5 minutes ago, DAMN said:

AFAIK it was number 28 on the year-end worldwide charts. In the female albums department, it was 4th behind Lemonade, Anti, and 25. 

Joanne did good in pure sales (considering the current trends) but not so in streaming. It had 200M in 2017 and that was more than 1 year since the release.

All I'm saying is that an artist of Gaga's caliber should've done better. The public still obviously know Gaga and looks to her as a pop royalty but regarding Joanne, it just didn't clicked.

I'm not saying that the Joanne is not succesful but it should've done better considering the hype around it.

That's because the particular genre that dominates Joanne isn't really a streaming friendly genre, like say electronic/Hip Hop/RnB music. Look at how much better than The Cure did in relation to it

If Gaga does something more electronic based for her next record I'm sure her her streaming will improve a massive amount.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

Why would it? None of her other albums have.

Joanne was successful with Grammy Nominations and a sold out tour. 

BoogieWoogie

It will be a slight step down from Joanne's sales, so yes it would be considered a flop. People are losing interest in Gaga more and more, and as great the Super Bowl was from saving the Joanne era from looking like a total disaster, people were over it in a couple months. There is zero hype, but let's pray that promotion isn't stretched over one song for a whole year again (*cough* Million Reasons)

duckworth
1 minute ago, SolidSnake said:

First rule of ANY fandom: What stans or hardcore fans think doesnt matter, they dont constitute a large enough audience or dollar amount for it to. The public thought it was good it reached #1 and did fine with critics. You are overreacting and your original post seems to just be incorrect in some respects. 

I actually think that the public didn't even care much for it at all. If they did, Million Reasons couldve reached #4 without the help of Superbowl. They didn't know it existed til they heard it there.

Yeah, the critics part was a bit overreactive of me but still a 67 metascore is not something to be proud of. :ohwell:

mariomania1234
1 minute ago, BoogieWoogie said:

It will be a slight step down from Joanne's sales, so yes it would be considered a flop. People are losing interest in Gaga more and more, and as great the Super Bowl was from saving the Joanne era from looking like a total disaster, people were over it in a couple months. There is zero hype, but let's pray that promotion isn't stretched over one song for a whole year again (*cough* Million Reasons)

Everybody's album sales are a step down from their previous album nowadays. And Gaga's in a much better place now than she was post ARTPOP.

SolidSnake
1 minute ago, DAMN said:

I actually think that the public didn't even care much for it at all. If they did, Million Reasons couldve reached #4 without the help of Superbowl. They didn't know it existed til they heard it there.

Yeah, the critics part was a bit overreactive of me but still a 67 metascore is not something to be proud of. :ohwell:

Irrelevant to the current discussion. It still was #1. If the public didnt care it wouldnt have been #1. 

mariomania1234
3 minutes ago, DAMN said:

It topped the iTunes chart TWICE before the super bowl, so this isn't even true.

duckworth

Irrelevant to the current discussion. It still was #1. If the public didnt care it wouldnt have been #1. 

If it wasn't for the fans, it wouldn't have been #1. :trollga:

BoogieWoogie
3 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Everybody's albums are a step down from their previous album nowadays. And Gaga's in a much better place now than she was post ARTPOP.

That's not true, look at people like Ed or Beyoncé. And no, post ARTPOP was her opportunity to get the GP interested again, and it failed. People DID care about Gaga coming back before Perfect Illusion, then she was over after that

BoogieWoogie
Just now, mariomania1234 said:

It topped the iTunes chart TWICE before the super bowl, so this isn't even true.

That's not an achievement. :selena:

SolidSnake
Just now, DAMN said:

If it wasn't for the fans, it wouldn't have been #1. :trollga:

Fans are irrelevant, there isnt enough hardcore Gaga fans for that to matter. Albums arent reaching #1 without general public support. I can guarantee you suburban housewives made up a good portion of Joanne sales. 

mariomania1234
3 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

That's not true, look at people like Ed or Beyoncé. And no, post ARTPOP was her opportunity to get the GP interested again, and it failed. People DID care about Gaga coming back before Perfect Illusion, then she was over after that

Everything is this post is factually incorrect.

BoogieWoogie
1 minute ago, mariomania1234 said:

Everything is this post is factually incorrect.

Well the hype was why PI almost cracked the top 10, and the lack of it afterwards was why MR peaked at like #40

SolidSnake
4 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

duckworth

Fans are irrelevant, there isnt enough hardcore Gaga fans for that to matter. Albums arent reaching #1 without general public support. I can guarantee you suburban housewives made up a good portion of Joanne sales. 

There wasn't even competition the week of Joanne's release. It'll still top the chart no matter what.

But look at the numbers. Predictions were a 300K+ debut and it ended up with 200K. 

Archived