💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Expectations: Do you think it'll flop?

duckworth

Featured Posts

duckworth

With Gaga teasing work with several producers, it's safe to assume that LG6 is currently in the works with a possible release of 2019. 

We dont know for sure what it'll sound like but it's currently leaning more towards pop with producers like Bloodpop and Justin Tranter behind. I know it'll be something we haven't heard before because Gaga is Gaga.

As fans, we'll like what LG6 may be (not all songs but we'll definitely support it nonetheless). Joanne was not the album we all prayed LG5 to be but still it delivered. The album however failed to gain traction with the critics and the public. 

Considering the warm public reception that Joanne had, do you think LG6 will suffer the same fate? This shouldn't matter but it does to her label and her relevance to the public. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
14 minutes ago, DAMN said:

The album however failed to gain traction with the critics and the public. 

Considering the not-so warm public reception that Joanne had, do you think LG6 will suffer the same fate?

Are we talking about the same album? Joanne received mostly positive reviews from critics and fans. It was only a small group of pop fans who were disappointed by the album because it wasn't full electronic. And that's hardly the majority.

The Grammy nominations are here to prove it.

SolidSnake

Yeah not understanding how Joanne was by any means a flop. I think you need to readjust your monitor. 

duckworth
39 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Are we talking about the same album? Joanne received mostly positive reviews from critics and fans. It was only a small group of pop fans who were disappointed by the album because it wasn't full electronic. And that's hardly the majority.

The Grammy nominations are here to prove it.

What I meant by that was cultural impact. I might've exagerrated the critics part but the critical reception wasn't mindblowing - it's just good.

Plus I don't see any non-stans talking about how Joanne was amazing. And even other stans are not that impressed either.

Do Grammys still matter tho? Shape of You and Divide were nominated in the same category and won. (May Joanne rest Grammy-less)

Delulu Rogers

All she has to do is play her cards right but ever since ARTPOP gaga seems over herself and over the music

13VictorC

No, I still have confidence that Gaga will return to theatrical dance pop hits.

It seemed like LG5 was once that. Maybe LG6 will finally be her triumphant return to the throne. :firega:

mariomania1234
44 minutes ago, DAMN said:

With Gaga teasing work with several producers, it's safe to assume that LG6 is currently in the works with a possible release of 2019. 

We dont know for sure what it'll sound like but it's currently leaning more towards pop with producers like Bloodpop and Justin Tranter behind. I know it'll be something we haven't heard before because Gaga is Gaga.

As fans, we'll like what LG6 may be (not all songs but we'll definitely support it nonetheless). Joanne was not the album we all prayed LG5 to be but still it delivered. The album however failed to gain traction with the critics and the public. 

Considering the not-so warm public reception that Joanne had, do you think LG6 will suffer the same fate? This shouldn't matter but it does to her label and her relevance to the public. 

What alternate reality is this from? 

LG6 will do fine

duckworth
1 minute ago, mariomania1234 said:

What alternate reality is this from? 

LG6 will do fine

I'm just stating facts. :saladga:

I think Joanne should've done better considering all the hype surrounding it.. 

PlastiscGuy

I just have a question that I hope someone can answer... 

How can someone be sure about its record success when the music itself is changing every month? Like, if you want success you have to follow a trend (sadly) but, how can you be sure it'll be successful by its releasing time if the creation of the record began with the concept of a trendy genre that might not be popular anymore? :gum: 

PG.

Zaskar

I just want one top-5 and one top- 10 US and UK singles (album will obviously be no. 1 on Billboard top 200)

Oh, and at least 5 platinum certificates from the entire era (Joanne only had 3, counting The Cure too :vegas:). Two Grammy noms and one win. :poot:

These are my expectations commercially, but honestly, I have no fukking idea how will it do. I can just pray :pray:

mariomania1234
9 minutes ago, DAMN said:

I'm just stating facts. :saladga:

I think Joanne should've done better considering all the hype surrounding it.. 

It was literally one of the best selling female albums of 2017. It also managed to squeeze out a grammy nominated top 4 hit. For an album that's quite non radio friendly I'd say it did exceptionally well.

duckworth
Just now, PlastiscGuy said:

I just have a question that I hope someone can answer... 

How can someone be sure about its record success when the music itself is changing every month? Like, if you want success you have to follow a trend (sadly) but, how can you be sure it'll be successful by its releasing time if the creation of the record began with the concept of a trendy genre that might not be popular anymore? :gum: 

Don't follow the trend. Record success depends on quality and how the public responds to it.

But releasing a quality song doesn't mean a good public reception. Look at Green Light for example. It's well received but it wasn't GP friendly so it didn't do well, charts-wise.

River

It will :)

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

duckworth
2 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

It was literally one of the best selling female albums of 2017. It also managed to squeeze out a grammy nominated top 4 hit. For an album that's quite non radio friendly I'd say it did exceptionally well.

AFAIK it was number 28 on the year-end worldwide charts. In the female albums department, it was 4th behind Lemonade, Anti, and 25. 

Joanne did good in pure sales (considering the current trends) but not so in streaming. It had 200M in 2017 and that was more than 1 year since the release.

All I'm saying is that an artist of Gaga's caliber should've done better. The public still obviously know Gaga and looks to her as a pop royalty but regarding Joanne, it just didn't clicked.

I'm not saying that the Joanne is not succesful but it should've done better considering the hype around it.

SolidSnake

First rule of ANY fandom: What stans or hardcore fans think doesnt matter, they dont constitute a large enough audience or dollar amount for it to. The public thought it was good it reached #1 and did fine with critics. You are overreacting and your original post seems to just be incorrect in some respects. 

Archived