đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Counteracting The Gaga Stigma

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

freebit

Some people will always have that problem with her, much like some do with Britney Spears. There's not much that can change that perception because being glittery and camp is just part of her DNA as an artist (I mean, her stage name is Lady Gaga).  I could see her becoming more ~cool~ for a certain crowd if she branches out into good film and tv roles, and releases a ubiquitous hit, but even then people will have their reservations and shame about liking a Lady Gaga song because unfortunately media that appeals predominately to women and gay men is usually looked down upon and/or labeled as "niche." 

Bradley
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The damage of her early career has already been done :vegas: No matter what she does, "Lady GaGa" will always be synonymous with being crazy, outlandish, bizarre, and off-putting :vegas:

Her early career is what made her a star today though. I wouldn't regard that as 'damage'.

Bradley

I'm not gonna lie, I don't admit to people around me that I listen to Gaga. I have no problem with Gaga's eccentricity at all, I think it's dope, the things she does. But you see I'm not officially out yet, and I think I should be excused for not wanting to be recognised as being gay. I mean what's wrong in protecting yourself?

SolidSnake

That is something they have to do on their own. I was a straight guy who liked Gaga and wore her t shirts in High school IN THE SOUTH. I know all about the stigma (Judas and Born this Way were not very popular songs to be blasting around here). You shouldnt be afraid to enjoy something because you dont want to be ridiculed. Gaga will NEVER lose that stigma. Whether its rumors of her being born as a dude, or rumors shes a devil worshipper. That stuff sticks. 

"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Her early career is what made her a star today though. I wouldn't regard that as 'damage'.

You should never take me seriously when I'm using this emoticon :vegas:

DoremonLove

I really dont care she has impressed me and proved shes more than just a crazy pop star:ohwell:. 

How can anoyone not love gaga

Smother Em Eh
On 5/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, PunkTheFunk said:

The damage of her early career has already been done :vegas: No matter what she does, "Lady GaGa" will always be synonymous with being crazy, outlandish, bizarre, and off-putting :vegas:

Exactly and she wouldn’t be Gaga without those qualities. Her eccentric, crazy, wild and over the top persona is what makes her Lady Gaga. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived