💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Counteracting The Gaga Stigma

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy

OyUmfuVh_400x400.jpg

If there are some people who are afraid to admit that they like and or admire Lady Gaga, because she is 'Weird' or 'Crazy' or 'Gay', so much so that they wouldn't even dare to be caught listening to her. What are some ways that you believe Lady Gaga could counteract that stigma without losing her artistic integrity and becoming a mainstream machine (Which she's already proven she can totally do).

ryanripley

that sounds like their problem more than gaga's tbh, she's done the absolute most to prove she's got pipes

if you're too afraid to listen to music you love around your friends, get new friends :vegas: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

The Bling

Releasing a country-soft rock-pop album about her dead aunt and making it the most personal-relatable experiemce possible, as well as having a stripped down era with simple fashion and straight to the point performances

Oh wait 

:ohwell:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Space Cowboy
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

that sounds like their problem more than gaga's tbh, she's done the absolute most to prove she's got pipes

if you're too afraid to listen to music you love around your friends, get new friends :vegas: 

I agree, but that still doesn't solve the issue. How can we help those lost souls see the light?

blond-cantora-cute-diva-gaga-Favim.com-3

PunkTheFunk

The damage of her early career has already been done :vegas: No matter what she does, "Lady GaGa" will always be synonymous with being crazy, outlandish, bizarre, and off-putting :vegas:

ryanripley
1 minute ago, 01Jaime said:

I agree, but that still doesn't solve the issue. How can we help those lost souls see the light?

blond-cantora-cute-diva-gaga-Favim.com-3

easy :vegas: 

rmKIFs2.jpg

sexy

I think the direction she's taken the past few years has raised her credibility considerably with the GP and moved her away from just being "crazy." When ASIB comes out and as she continues to pursue acting, I think she'll continue to be less stigmatized. While I want her to continue making pop music, I feel like at least her next record will be more in the vein of Joanne than it will be Born This Way, so I think the stigma attached to her will continue to fade.

shame
8 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

What are some ways that you believe Lady Gaga could counteract that stigma without losing her artistic integrity and becoming a mainstream machine (Which she's already proven she can totally do).

she got famous because of that image so i think it'd be inauthentic and a betrayal to try and counteract it. u can never please everybody

gaga should just ignore the stigma, let haters ad fake fans seethe and continue doing tf she wants to cuz freedom is in the music :vegas:

angels forever, forever angels

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, Indyl said:

I think the direction she's taken the past few years has raised her credibility considerably with the GP and moved her away from just being "crazy." When ASIB comes out and as she continues to pursue acting, I think she'll continue to be less stigmatized. While I want her to continue making pop music, I feel like at least her next record will be more in the vein of Joanne than it will be Born This Way, so I think the stigma attached to her will continue to fade.

how's that gunna work out when she's working with electronic music producers? :poot: 

Saade Baena

Her talent can be a bridge. Whenever she does a cover of some classic rock n roll she gets a lot of praise and people lose the fear of admitting that they love her and know her work

Space Cowboy

The purpose of the thread is not to provoke a reaction, but rather just a response.

C1trus

Million Reasons kinda worked in our place:vegas:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Mr S

I don't think LG being weird/crazy is that big a problem. A lot of people actually listen to her because of that anyway. I think the bigger "problem" is she is "too gay". I guess the way to counteract that stigma would be to go with a darker image/visuals.

The other stigma was that she was not talented but I like to think that is a thing of the past now.

dit

Right now her brand is not seen as gay or too "camp" for straights. What she "suffers" from is that she has sort of aged her brand. She is seen as a bit of a legacy artist for a lot of young ppl ( and sometimes they put her in the category of Britney and Bey even tho they have like a decade over her). I think what she should do with her next era is focus on the art of course as she always does but also focus on ways she can reach out to a bit of a fresher demographic. That is usually by making more palatable music for the masses and really pushing your craft on streaming services. Also make interesting visuals that can capture audiences that care enough to watch music videos. Entertain the imagination of the streaming generation a bit. It doesn't have to come at the cost of artistic integrity either.

Archived