đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's bossy caracter is the reason why she can't have a hit again.

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

Mr S

Nothing wrong with being in control, and in fact it's a good thing. It would suck for her to just record whatever her label tells her to do.

However, she DOES need someone to tell her NO sometimes and listen to other people's input. She has great ideas, but they are not always executed well. (eg. IMO someone should have told her to sing a bit more softly and pleasant on some of the Joanne songs)

Anyway, she just had a hit last year and she will have others regardless of who she listens to.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LGMonster95

Just no, she's just more focused on being an artist than a hit maker. It's a thing that should be admired. The way she got hits without following the trends is very impressive. If she was making all the songs like The Cure, it'll have made her from an ambitious and interesting artist to a basic and boring singer 

Brolysskins

Nah, the reason why she won't get a hit again is because you focus on charts and numbers instead of focusing on her sound and actual music. This girl delivers nothing but great quality music but yall focus on hyping what's #1 which is usual trash. And by "Bossy" i'm sure you meant "She's in control of what she knows she wants to put out to her public", you don't know her based on her media persona hun. 

Gagaism

I really like the way she got the control of her carrer. To be quite honest, I dont really care if she's going to get an another smash hit or not because she's  always delivering the best of her in everything she does and I really enjoy her stuff. She's not just about a singer, she's an artist and a COMPLETE one, so she can do everything she wants and a real fan of her must know about it.

I'm so satisfied and proud with the woman that my heart choose to love and stan. :staymad:

Michaelandro

Well isn't bad romance the product of her being ''bossy'' i.e. knowing what she wants to do? Sometimes a hit just doesn't happen and it's fine.

SKANK

There is nothing wrong with being bossy if you are the boss.

The "problem," I think, is the lack of people around her who can elevate her ideas. If she had a creative director like Dada during the Joanne era, the earnest music would have been presented in a far more interesting way, and would have grabbed the public's attention.

She was once a pop provocateur, but has verged into the Cher territory of "camp icon." If you want her to have a hit, I think reversing the "camp" factor is what you should be focusing on.

andy232000
49 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think this is the main problem... she's in charge and she never gets any constructive criticism from her team. And then when she's successful, it's all her merit, but when she doesn't succeed, it's always someone else's fault.

This x 10000

She was so screwed over during the ARTPOP era that now she is traumatized and wont let go of control, and to top it off, Bobby and everyone around seems to do whatever she wants.

Im all for the artist being in control of what they put out and create, but an artist has to understand that its not just them. They have a team of people that make a living by scheduling appearances, promoting songs, going to meetings, performing at shows. Its just not gaga, its her dancers, her band, her team, interscope...and the problem is that Gaga looks like the kind of girl (and has already said it at some point) that when she doesnt like something she doesnt do it, ignoring the fact that people work to make promotion and all of the above. Im sure that she doesnt enjoy doing promo a whole lot, and part of the reason she doesnt do much is because Bobby wont obligate her to do it to keep her "artistic integrity".

Like I said, its cool she gets to be in charge, but 1. her teams needs to start giving constructive criticism. No more YASSING at everying she does ("I know what my fans want" "I think a simple crops and T-Shirt is gold", I mean we saw a bit of that in FF2. Like a user said, she´s grown too accustomed to her team. working for over 10 years with the first people will eventually hit a dead end on the creative and strategic juices. She needs fresh people that challenge her again) and 2. She needs to realize that, hits and money aside, people make a living off of her, and fans want promo. I think its somewhat selfish to shut down everything that you dont seem to like at first without thinking about her fans or team. Bobby needs to lay out an efficient plan out for her and make her stick to it, only not following when it comes to her health. Like someone else said, sometimes its helpful when someone comes and says NO. and at this point Gaga need someone to tell her NO when she shuts an opportunity down or comes up with a bad idea.

andy232000
13 minutes ago, reversewarhol said:

Did MR not peak at #4?

with the Super Bowl boost. It would have never entered the top 5 on its own 

Miel

While I do agree that there are aspects in her team that could definitely be worked on, I do not think it is because she is an artist who likes to control their own work.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
2 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

True, but it's also fair to acknowledge that it literally sold so much before the SB- just that radios literally took no chance on it whatsoever until after the SB.

3 points in and ready for more

mariomania1234
4 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

It topped iTunes twice before the Super Bowl. 

andy232000
1 minute ago, mariomania1234 said:

It topped iTunes twice before the Super Bowl. 

Itunes is kinda irrelevant in stan culture. if its not topping that Billboard hot 100 its not worth mentioning.

gagzus

i'd prefer her be in control and be intellectually attached to her music than have a team of writers, producers and hitmakers behind her and for her just to be there for show like some other rather successful female artists i could name, one of which is currently an Avon Lady and model now instead of a "singer"

mariomania1234
4 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Itunes is kinda irrelevant in stan culture. if its not topping that Billboard hot 100 its not worth mentioning.

Well, lets not act like Millions Reasons wasn't doing very well in sales before the Super Bowl. The public always reacted strongly to it every time it was promoted. 

Archived