đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Debunking GGD's Single Choices

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore

To end all single choices discussions, I would like to simulate a world in which Gaga used 2018 Little Monster single choices. DISLAIMER: I'm not dragging any of these bops, I love them.  DISCLAIMER 2: THESE AREN'T MY CHOICES. PERSONALLY, I THINK GAGA AND HER MANAGEMENT MAKE GREAT CHOICES. THESE ARE GGD'S SINGLE CHOICES AS A WHOLE. OK GREAT START READING NOW.

The Fame
1. Just Dance (feat. Colby O'Donis) - 1
2. Poker Face - 1
3. Paparazzi - 4 - Probably a slightly higher peak because it would be newer, due to it being released earlier than it actually was.
4. Starstruck (feat. Space Cowboy & Flo Rida) - 33 - Riding off Poker Face and Just Dance, it would've been harder to flop for Gaga, but releasing a messy hip hop collab in which she has the stronger feature listed after some producer who had no impact in 2008 would've been catastrophic.
5. LoveGame - 12 - Being very catchy, LoveGame would've had moderate radio success, but I can't see it being as huge as it was after Starstruck.

The Fame Monster
1. Bad Romance (duh) - 2
2. Telephone (feat. Beyoncé) - 3
3. Alejandro - 5
4. Speechless - 4 - Due to the fact that it charted while being a non-single, I think Speechless could've actually been a hit.
5. Dance In The Dark - 41 - I can totally see the GP getting tired of this era and letting DITD flop, leading to Gaga's management refusing to promote it at all and quickly pretend that it's a radio only single like Hummingbird Heartbeat off Teenage Dream.

Born This Way
1. Marry The Night - 1 - When Born This Way was chosen as a lead, it was IMPACTFUL. I love MTN, but as a lead I feel as though it would top the chart for 2 weeks and then quickly fall, with the GP getting tired of it quickly and waiting for the next single. It's not as catchy as it is beautiful, which makes it weaker in the eyes of the GP.
2. Born This Way - 3 - With the album's main punch, a lead single, delivered, the rightful lead single would be relegated as the second one, which would rob it of it's chart topping position. BTW couldn't really flop, not with it's catchiness and cognizant message.
3. The Edge of Glory - 4 - TEOG is an anthem. :tony: But due to MTN not being as successful as BTW was, it could fall short of 3rd in this scenario.
4. Scheiße - 19 - The gibberish / German intro is an instant death sentence to a radio single and a turn off to mass audiences.
5. Heavy Metal Lover - 48 - I ADORE THIS SONG DON'T DRAG ME. It just has like no lyrics except for where she mutters about her "blonde south" :selena:
6. YoĂĽ and I - 24 - A slowish bop would've been good for Gaga, especially after SheiĂźe and HML as singles (:triggered:)

ARTPOP
1. Aura - 8 - It has a 1 and a half minute long intro of her auto tuned laughing. Gurl. The chorus could've saved her tho.
2. Venus - 14 - A little to avant-garde for radio, but still super catchy, so I'm not really sure how this would go.
3. Applause - 34 - The radio friendliness could've given her a top 40 I guess.
4. Sexxx Dreams - 38 - There's definitely still little kids listening to Gaga. Let's respect that and not release this as a single :selena: Also the GP would've appreciated it's catchiness but dragged her for the verses. feat. Rihanna would've been a different story altogether :tony:

Joanne
1. A-YO - 27 - :poot:
2. Dancin' in Circles - 56 - :poot: Above MR? Sis. :poot:
3. Million Reasons - 6 - The Super Bowl alone could've done that :golfclap:
4. Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch) - 89 - With all the Hip-Hop on the radio, this would've felt strange and out of place.

k so feel free to drag me now xoxox

also this took me like 30 mins so rEAD IT

♡ nyc ♡

Tom Nook
5 minutes ago, TEAWHORE said:

3. Million Reasons - 6 - The Super Bowl alone could've done that :golfclap:

How bout we keep that No. 4 placement thank you :poot: 

tenor.gif?itemid=5685761 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

teawhore
1 minute ago, Gardevoir said:

How bout we keep that No. 4 placement thank you :poot: 

tenor.gif?itemid=5685761 

not after A-YO as lead and DiC flopping :poot: 

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore
Just now, Florian said:

Choices. :oprah:

they're not my choices sis read the OP

♡ nyc ♡

Tom Nook
2 minutes ago, TEAWHORE said:

not after A-YO as lead and DiC flopping :poot: 

Well not with my streaming power :huntyga: 

1xHp4NJ.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

That J

Heavy Metal Lover has the coolest lyrics. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

teawhore
Just now, Gardevoir said:

Well not with my streaming power :huntyga: 

1xHp4NJ.gif

Screen_Shot_2018-05-21_at_7.36.39_PM.png

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore
1 minute ago, That J said:

Heavy Metal Lover has the coolest lyrics. 

unfortunately the GP doesnt care about lyrics :cryga: 

♡ nyc ♡

AMENiCURE

074a4e9a4cb213c18559a8eabb4ce041.gif

lowkey here for the breathtaking charts performance of hey girl as a single

Spoiler

hey girl as a single in the first place amazes me :triggered:

That J
3 minutes ago, TEAWHORE said:

unfortunately the GP doesnt care about lyrics :cryga: 

Isnt it great not being general?! :whitney:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

StarstruckIllusion

Dancin' In Circles flopping? TUH

Henri Bardot

DiC is a bop, even for GP. 

in the Top 5 with great promotion/management, sadly during the Joanne era that would've been imposible. :ohwell:

pooiota

Anderson123

Cringe at the chart number like you guys are so obsessed with the Hot 100. :awkney:

hausofbrice
Just now, TEAWHORE said:

1. Aura - 8 - It has a 1 and a half minute long intro of her auto tuned laughing. Gurl. The chorus could've saved her tho.

i see you bashing my fav song :triggered: 

keep one eye open when u sleep hun :triggered: 

Just now, TEAWHORE said:

4. Scheiße - 19 - The gibberish / German intro is an instant death sentence to a radio single and a turn off to mass audiences.

:saladga: 

the gibberish is iconic hun, it's literally my grad yearbook quote so don't bash her

Just now, Henri Bardot said:

DiC is a bop, even for GP. 

in the Top 5 with great promotion/management, sadly during the Joanne era that would've been imposible. :ohwell:

gaga = promotion :oprah: 

but DIC had potential

xoxo, brice ♡

Archived