šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Poker Face is the biggest global smash of all time

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

Taide
40 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

No, even SOY and Despacito have surpassed it. But that's only because the Internet's reach has increased so much. Things go viral pretty fast. Kinda scary though :/

Ā 

Imagine thinking this. Sure SOY and Despacito were HUGE but will anyone remember them in 10 years from now? I doubt so. I'm not saying this as a Gaga stan, but back in 2008 when PF came everyone I mean everyone even my whole family knows/knew PF and that says a lot.Ā 

Y'all really underestimate PF power. I mean the song has sold so much for a reason.

Zaskar
36 minutes ago, Taide said:

Imagine thinking this. Sure SOY and Despacito were HUGE but will anyone remember them in 10 years from now? I doubt so. I'm not saying this as a Gaga stan, but back in 2008 when PF came everyone I mean everyone even my whole family knows/knew PF and that says a lot.Ā 

Y'all really underestimate PF power. I mean the song has sold so much for a reason.

And why wouldn't someone remember SOY after 10 years? šŸ¤” In my country, which is not a big music market and most of the people don't even listen to music in foreign languages (including English), even here SOY is a BIG hit. Only Baby (JB) and Waka Waka (Shakira) can rival it in terms of popularity.Ā 

Ok, maybe not Despacito, but Ed is here to stay (ugh...I hate him) and SOY is his biggest hit. It'll be relevant as long as he's relevant.

Ā 

And if anyone thinks PF is THE biggest GLOBAL hit of all time, then let me introduce them to ...Baby One More Time, Toxic, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Bohemian Rhapsody, Livin' on a Prayer, Since U Been Gone, We Belong Together, I Will Always Love You, Grenade, Hung Up, My Heart Will Go On...etc. these are not only one of the biggest hits of all time, but still relevant today, just like PF and BR.Ā 

So,

Is PF THE biggest global hit of all time? No

Is PF (and BR too) one of the biggest global hit of all time? Hell yeah.

That's just my two centsĀ :huntyga:

hausofgay

Can't Get You Out of My Head says hi

My pronouns are fĆ¢g/fĆ¢ggot. If you don't accept it you're homophobic šŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ„“šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

MaryJaneHolland
13 hours ago, ARPiT said:

And why wouldn't someone remember SOY after 10 years? šŸ¤” In my country, which is not a big music market and most of the people don't even listen to music in foreign languages (including English), even here SOY is a BIG hit. Only Baby (JB) and Waka Waka (Shakira) can rival it in terms of popularity.Ā 

Ok, maybe not Despacito, but Ed is here to stay (ugh...I hate him) and SOY is his biggest hit. It'll be relevant as long as he's relevant.

Ā 

And if anyone thinks PF is THE biggest GLOBAL hit of all time, then let me introduce them to ...Baby One More Time, Toxic, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Bohemian Rhapsody, Livin' on a Prayer, Since U Been Gone, We Belong Together, I Will Always Love You, Grenade, Hung Up, My Heart Will Go On...etc. these are not only one of the biggest hits of all time, but still relevant today, just like PF and BR.Ā 

So,

All of this!Ā :vegas:

ordinarynam1310

The lack of new music really makes Monsters go delulu more than even beforeĀ :ladyhaha:

Modern Ecstacy
14 hours ago, ARPiT said:

...Baby One More Time, Toxic, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Bohemian Rhapsody, Livin' on a Prayer, Since U Been Gone, We Belong Together, I Will Always Love You, Grenade, Hung Up, My Heart Will Go On...etc. these are not only one of the biggest hits of all time, but still relevant today, just like PF and BR.Ā 

I get the point you're trying to make but I feel like Poker Face was a bigger global hit than all of these songs. Sure, they'll be remembered as classics till all of eternityĀ butĀ Poker Face literally outsold all these songs.Ā 

Zaskar
1 hour ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

I get the point you're trying to make but I feel like Poker Face was a bigger global hit than all of these songs. Sure, they'll be remembered as classics till all of eternityĀ butĀ Poker Face literally outsold all these songs.Ā 

At the moment when it was released, yeah. But so were Tik Tok and Call Me Maybe and SOY, no?

Ā 

Taide
18 hours ago, ARPiT said:

Ā 

So,

Yaaas sis educate me.Ā :vegas:

A Hybrid

Here Alejandro was bigger than Poker FaceĀ :gaysia:

No familyā€™s safe when I sashay

The Z
22 hours ago, RahRuhRough said:

Bad Romance says hiĀ :firega:

Poker Face was bigger everywhere though

A Hybrid
1 hour ago, kevinsteve said:

Poker Face was bigger everywhere though

Does Bad Romance have to be bigger than Poker Face to say ā€œhiā€? Freedom of speech smh.

No familyā€™s safe when I sashay

Archived