Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Albums that failed to make a profit

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

ARTPOP GAGA

Albums whose sales are lower than the production and promotion cost. Therefore, they failed to make a profit. Remember, an artist earns 0.94$ for each 9.99$ album. They earn 60% of tour revenue though so nowadays touring is the top priority. 

My answers: Glory (Britney's Asian POM tour was to make up for the loss of money invested in this album i guess)

E.MO.TION/SIDE B: I don't understand how Carly has the money to record so mamy songs. Emotion sold less than 100,000 copies worldwide and her tour flopped unfairly.

ARTPOP GAGA

There are rumors that ARTPOP didn't make a profit too. But I recall Gaga denied that rumor.

FATCAT
3 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

There are rumors that ARTPOP didn't make a profit too. But I recall Gaga denied that rumor.

If you're referring to the 25 Million dollar rumor, it was literally a tabloid throw-away number. No one could corroborate it.

Purr more, hiss less.

Ryusei

Emotion sold over 100k copies in Japan and I really like you was a major hit there as well

+ don't forget all the call me maybe money she mustve made.

Musery

ARTPOP GAGA
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Emotion sold over 100k copies in Japan and I really like you was a major hit there as well

+ don't forget all the call me maybe money she mustve made.

I don't think she can sustain her whole life with sales from just one song. But good for her that Emotion sold 100k in Japan alone. Do u know how much did Emotion sell worldwide? I just know it sold 35k in the US.

Bradley

How would we know? I don't think such information is divulged to the public? 

thedirtymonster

I have no clue how much her label put into the album, but Fergie herself admitted that the videos for each of the songs on her new album were funded by HER and she is/was in severe debt because of it. That was certainly not a bet that paid off.

duckworth
20 minutes ago, thedirtymonster said:

I have no clue how much her label put into the album, but Fergie herself admitted that the videos for each of the songs on her new album were funded by HER and she is/was in severe debt because of it. That was certainly not a bet that paid off.

Double Dutchess was bad. She should've known that from the beginning :air:

ARTPOP GAGA
1 hour ago, thedirtymonster said:

Link where Fergie said that? I would be appreciated!

Saade Baena

Gaga did not appear on the forbes list in 2017. Joanne sold well for a cd that was produced quickly and had no advertising expenses, I believe she has easily recovered the costs

gag
1 hour ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

I don't think she can sustain her whole life with sales from just one song.

Call Me Maybe sold 18,000,000 worldwide. Considering the fact that it peaked before streaming was huge, 18M pure sales plus the millions from TV shows and ads using the song could easily sustain her whole life TBH.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

ARTPOP GAGA
28 minutes ago, gag said:

Call Me Maybe sold 18,000,000 worldwide. Considering the fact that it peaked before streaming was huge, 18M pure sales plus the millions from TV shows and ads using the song could easily sustain her whole life TBH.

wow Tv shows and ads using the song have to pay for Carly? Good 4 her !

thedirtymonster
1 hour ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

Link where Fergie said that? I would be appreciated!

There was somewhere else as well, but watch this video and go to 20:50.

jaXXXon
4 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

I don't think she can sustain her whole life with sales from just one song. But good for her that Emotion sold 100k in Japan alone. Do u know how much did Emotion sell worldwide? I just know it sold 35k in the US.

Of course she can sustain a whole life just off one song. You don't have a clue how many millions she makes and the royalty from that song. It's played somewhere in the world on the radio every single day throughout the whole year and it probably gets a few streams per year as well. She can live off of that money alone. 

ARTPOP GAGA
15 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Of course she can sustain a whole life just off one song. You don't have a clue how many millions she makes and the royalty from that song. It's played somewhere in the world on the radio every single day throughout the whole year and it probably gets a few streams per year as well. She can live off of that money alone. 

thank 4 infor! This means artists with lots of hits like Taylor Swift and Britney have enough money to live 100000 lives haha.

Archived